Worst Meal at Disney

steamboat_tyler

I don't understand why everyone keeps bashing 'Ohana. Everytime I've gon, it's been very good. Fast service, and characters keep a good tempo. Although, I've only eaten there for breakfast.

Anyway, worst was probably Sci Fi Dine In. Terrible service, horrible food, kept showing the same movie previews over and over again.

Btw, new member, long time viewer :)

ScorpionX

When I was 12, back in 1993, I ate the kids' pizza with side apples at Sci-Fi and it was garbage. the pizza was way too cold. The apples were bland. Antonio's up here can make better pizza.

Phonedave

I don't understand why everyone keeps bashing 'Ohana. Everytime I've gon, it's been very good. Fast service, and characters keep a good tempo. Although, I've only eaten there for breakfast.

Anyway, worst was probably Sci Fi Dine In. Terrible service, horrible food, kept showing the same movie previews over and over again.

Btw, new member, long time viewer :)

That's you answer right there.

Really, you have to work pretty hard to screw up eggs, bacon, sausage, potatoes, and waffles.

Dinner, at least to me, has fallen off quite a bit. In my experience, dishes have come out cold, dishes have been entirely forgotten, Pot Stickers have come out the consistency of paste, meats have been overcooked to the point of Sahara-worthy dryness - just some very poor dinner execution as of late.

-dave

flavious27

When I was 12, back in 1993, I ate the kids' pizza with side apples at Sci-Fi and it was garbage. the pizza was way too cold. The apples were bland. Antonio's up here can make better pizza.

Any pizza shop, even one in some piney town can make a better pizza because they put more work into it.

There is a standard that we expect from disney food but some places have lost their way with the mass production process and unfortunately it is the QSR and lower end TS. Disney needs someone to come in and rework and retrain the processes and staff. They will also need to publicize it, so it would need to someone the public trusts. I think that Alton Brown could be that person.

The topic of this discussion “worst meal at Disney” seems to invoke a lot of emotions from many people. In reading the replies, I notice a lot of people making statements that really make it difficult to use because it is so general. For instance, a person saying the food was the worst I have ever put in my mouth, or the food is really bad, does not begin to qualify any real or even perceived problem with a particular restaurant.
What makes the food inedible in ones opinion? Is it simply because it does not match the usual palate one is used to? Perhaps it was too this or not enough that to suit you. Was it prepared as ordered? And what do expect in a meal? Are you one to go for the complete dining experience where food, service, and atmosphere all play into the equation or do you really only think about the food itself? Perhaps you are looking at perceived value? What were your preconceived expectations of the place, where they high because someone else transposed their experiences onto you?
So, what do you do when your expectations are not met, do you notify the manager and tell them there is a problem and allow them the opportunity to correct it or do you leave and say nothing, vowing never to return? I’d submit that many people do the latter. I know personally I have been to restaurants that have meet or exceeded my expectations in the past but have failed to do so on a particular occasion. I feel I owe it to myself and them to make them aware that they have fallen short so that they can correct it before I come back the next time. If it is a place I’d really like to frequent, I’ll put extra effort into working with management to make sure my experience is the best that it can be. Perhaps if everyone would stop and let management know how they are doing, changes can be made to provide improvements. No matter what type of establishment I frequent, I have certain expectations that need to be met to satisfy me. I certainly can’t expect management to read my mind so if I don’t tell them; I shouldn’t be surprised if it is not met. With that said, if I open up to management and they are unable to accommodate my needs, I now have objective data to use to help me decide whether to come back again.

Phonedave

The topic of this discussion “worst meal at Disney” seems to invoke a lot of emotions from many people. In reading the replies, I notice a lot of people making statements that really make it difficult to use because it is so general. For instance, a person saying the food was the worst I have ever put in my mouth, or the food is really bad, does not begin to qualify any real or even perceived problem with a particular restaurant.
What makes the food inedible in ones opinion? Is it simply because it does not match the usual palate one is used to? Perhaps it was too this or not enough that to suit you. Was it prepared as ordered? And what do expect in a meal? Are you one to go for the complete dining experience where food, service, and atmosphere all play into the equation or do you really only think about the food itself? Perhaps you are looking at perceived value? What were your preconceived expectations of the place, where they high because someone else transposed their experiences onto you?
So, what do you do when your expectations are not met, do you notify the manager and tell them there is a problem and allow them the opportunity to correct it or do you leave and say nothing, vowing never to return? I’d submit that many people do the latter. I know personally I have been to restaurants that have meet or exceeded my expectations in the past but have failed to do so on a particular occasion. I feel I owe it to myself and them to make them aware that they have fallen short so that they can correct it before I come back the next time. If it is a place I’d really like to frequent, I’ll put extra effort into working with management to make sure my experience is the best that it can be. Perhaps if everyone would stop and let management know how they are doing, changes can be made to provide improvements. No matter what type of establishment I frequent, I have certain expectations that need to be met to satisfy me. I certainly can’t expect management to read my mind so if I don’t tell them; I shouldn’t be surprised if it is not met. With that said, if I open up to management and they are unable to accommodate my needs, I now have objective data to use to help me decide whether to come back again.

When I don't like a place, I make it a point to state why - hopefully objectively. If there is something that appeals to my taste (or for that matter, my tastes don't enjoy) I point out that those are opinions.

Likewise when I like a place, I explain quite a bit more than "the food was so yummy". Comments like that drive me up a wall.

Sometimes I do notify management, sometimes not. When it is a particular item that is off, and therefore seems out of place, I do mention it. On the other hand, in a case such as the Cape May Cafe, where just about everything was sub-par (I gave examples in a recent thread), it is clearly the operations of the restaruant as a whole. In those cases I just avoid it.

-dave

When I don't like a place, I make it a point to state why - hopefully objectively. If there is something that appeals to my taste (or for that matter, my tastes don't enjoy) I point out that those are opinions.

Likewise when I like a place, I explain quite a bit more than "the food was so yummy". Comments like that drive me up a wall.

Sometimes I do notify management, sometimes not. When it is a particular item that is off, and therefore seems out of place, I do mention it. On the other hand, in a case such as the Cape May Cafe, where just about everything was sub-par (I gave examples in a recent thread), it is clearly the operations of the restaruant as a whole. In those cases I just avoid it.

-dave

I'm sorry to hear about your Cape May experiences. I'm going there for my first time in about 10 days and now I'm going to be on alert for poor quality. Now that my expectation level has been diminished, anything average or above will leave me feeling good about the experience.

quirkle

Y&Y is one of our absolute favorites - the skirt steak is to die for!

I wish I could agree - I loved it the first time (maybe it was the alcohol:ROFLOL:) but the second time I actually got sick. The waiter was rude and the food was bad Chinese.

I told my husband that we will try the QS version just to make sure!

No doubt that it was Tony's in Mk. Took us 20 minutes to eat from the time they called our name to be sitted, to when we walked back out on to Main St. It had the most terrible Italian food I ever had. Coming from RI were 1/2 the population is Italian we can get the best authantic food around. Did't expect it to be great , but should have been better than it was.

Phonedave

I wish I could agree - I loved it the first time (maybe it was the alcohol:ROFLOL:) but the second time I actually got sick. The waiter was rude and the food was bad Chinese.

I told my husband that we will try the QS version just to make sure!

I did not like Y&Y when I had table service there. The menu is also all over the place.

However, I did have QS last time I was there (early this month) and was pleasantly suprised.

It is no great culinary experience to be sure, but it was not bad. I was not thrilled with the fact it comes all jammed in one box (rice along with whatever you order) and the egg roll was tiny. But it was not bad. the Orange Beef had about a 50/50 mix of beef and vegitables, and none of it was overcooked. Vegatables were even crisp. Rice was decent too, not overcooked mush or dried out 5 hours old rice. It was well prepared rice. It tasted pretty much like any Orange beef you can get at a Chinese Food take out. Nothing spectacular, but nothing to really complain about.

-dave

Prince-1

If my wife and I do not like a restaurant, we usually try to give it a second chance (unless we just hate it) knowing that the first time might have been just an off night. With that said here area few places we went to more than once and will not give it a third chance..
1) Sci-fi Diner (for dinner)
2) Coral Reef
3) The Wave

EvilQueen-T

last year before mnschp we decided to eat at the grand floridian cafe since we'd had 2 good lunches there in the past. i had a cheddar cheese soup appetizer....nnnaaaaaasty. it tasted like salty liquidy chez whiz (gag gag gag). one of the worst things i've ever tasted at or not at wdw.

flavious27

last year before mnschp we decided to eat at the grand floridian cafe since we'd had 2 good lunches there in the past. i had a cheddar cheese soup appetizer....nnnaaaaaasty. it tasted like salty liquidy chez whiz (gag gag gag). one of the worst things i've ever tasted at or not at wdw.

Looks like someone forgot how to melt cheese in a chicken broth.

manny_cake

the Sci-Fi a few years ago...

the service was bad! we only had two people in our party so we got the back of the car...needless to say the waitress treated us like we weren't important.

and not to mention the food isn't that spectacular. but the atmposphere and scenery are great!

bluejasmine

We didnt like Tangerine Cafe or Crystal Palace which was a suprise since they normally come highly recommended.. First pick though would be Hollywood and Vine.

Also I had a pretty nasty flatbread at the Mara, it sounded so good it was the olive flat bread which I love olives but the flatbread was cold and hard and greasy..

Capt cooks I love but the adult grilled cheese was gross and I love grilled cheese, the cold boursin cheese paired with the warm melted cheeses was YUCKY!

My whole lobster at Narcossee was very chewy..I got the whole as suggested, I was told the tail is the chewiest part but this whole thing was very chewy..

Great now I sound picky which Im not really..I promise! lol

Phonedave

We didnt like Tangerine Cafe or Crystal Palace which was a suprise since they normally come highly recommended.. First pick though would be Hollywood and Vine.

Also I had a pretty nasty flatbread at the Mara, it sounded so good it was the olive flat bread which I love olives but the flatbread was cold and hard and greasy..

Capt cooks I love but the adult grilled cheese was gross and I love grilled cheese, the cold boursin cheese paired with the warm melted cheeses was YUCKY!

My whole lobster at Narcossee was very chewy..I got the whole as suggested, I was told the tail is the chewiest part but this whole thing was very chewy..

Great now I sound picky which Im not really..I promise! lol

I have never had the lobster at Narcossee but I prefer claw meat myself.

One of the reasons that 'surf and turf' holds no great appeal to me. (The other being that steak and lobster really don't compliment each other)

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom