Worst Meal at Disney

flavious27

the Sci-Fi a few years ago...

the service was bad! we only had two people in our party so we got the back of the car...needless to say the waitress treated us like we weren't important.

and not to mention the food isn't that spectacular. but the atmposphere and scenery are great!

I wonder why disney just doesn't turn sci fi into a CS, the cars can still be used as seating.

The ribs from Sci-Fi were amazing to me but the 3 worst restaurants I've ever eaten at Disney was:

1. Chef Mickeys (I got super sick that night)
Everything was warm that night, bland, no flavors. The people were trying to sell our photo to us constantly. =/

2. Coral Reef~ SALTY EVERYTHING and over cooked! I do love the atmosphere.

3. Crystal Palace~ We were really excited about this one since everyone raves about it. The food was over cooked, more cold salads then hot food, the ham was salty, the desserts were too sweet.

I know now to try places on my own and not to listen to yelp or trip
advisor and such. We all have different taste buds.

Oh! And that Shrimp Tempura sushi from the poly! Someone on the boards swore that it was the best tasting sushi they've ever had in their life.

That night, we waited for 30 minutes! 30! No one was around and I have a feeling it was because we were cast members but that was the worse tasting, no flavor sushi we have ever had. I rather have the stuff they sell to us backstage that comes pre packaged. (Wish I could take a picture, it looks more appealing seriously.) The pre-packaged stuff from Captain Cooks was way better (and it's from the same place!!) :hurl:

So far, the only place that I have gotten decent sushi on Disney property was from the Japan pavilion, Wolf Gang Pucks and back stage.

Best Meals:
Ohanas (I think this was before they started to go downhill?) But our food was HOT! steam came out of the food, everything was just right. Except the shrimp, I never like the shrimp from there.

Best Breakfast was Trails Inn. THAT SAUSAGE GRAVY :slurp: and it's so cozy and simple and a good selection of breakfast goodies.

Tonys: Again, prob before they started to go downhill. But their chicken parmigiana was too die for along with the tiramisu. The waiter we had was super friendly and for once in any dining place there at the world, deserved his 18 percent tip.

Phonedave

Thought it was lima beans. but I dont think I could identify shelled edamame.

Edamame unshelled look like fat hairy green beans. Shelled they look exactly like lima beans

They are soy bean pods and are boiled in salted water. Most of the time they are served unshelled, but sometimes are served shelled. They get salty and semi-crunchy and are a popular snack in China and Japan, sort of like peanuts.

Most Japanese restaurants have them on the appetizer menu.

232323232%7Ffp733%3C2%3Enu%3D6898%3E%3A6%3B%3E257%3EWSNRCG%3D336%3A55%3A9%3C4348nu0mrj

-dave

WDW_Emily

I wonder why disney just doesn't turn sci fi into a CS, the cars can still be used as seating.

The wait would be so long. In 2008 we had to wait over an hour with no adr. People still like it because of the theme. But I do agree the food isn't that great for what I am paying for it.

flavious27

The wait would be so long. In 2008 we had to wait over an hour with no adr. People still like it because of the theme. But I do agree the food isn't that great for what I am paying for it.

Well they need to do something, people are going to get tired paying disney prices for six flags food.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
What was your all time WORST meal at Disney?
And WHY? (ex - food, servers, etc)

Hands down - some disaster of a meal inside the Mexico Pavilion. Now this was 5 years ago. And I can't recall if the name of the restaurant inside the pavilion has changed. I know that something changed outside but this is inside. It was terrible! And the service wasn't great. It looked like someone got sick on my plate before serving it. Ugh - I still won't go back in there. :hurl:

brisem

Ok they were shelled Edamames and not lima beans. Thanks for clearing that up. Couldn't understand why giving kids lima beans.

Phonedave

Ok they were shelled Edamames and not lima beans. Thanks for clearing that up. Couldn't understand why giving kids lima beans.

That struck me as odd too. Why would they give a kid lima beans? Then it hit me - Japan, beans, edamame - and the light bulb went on. :D

-dave

flavious27

Hands down - some disaster of a meal inside the Mexico Pavilion. Now this was 5 years ago. And I can't recall if the name of the restaurant inside the pavilion has changed. I know that something changed outside but this is inside. It was terrible! And the service wasn't great. It looked like someone got sick on my plate before serving it. Ugh - I still won't go back in there. :hurl:

Skip the mole and refried beans next time.

WDW FTW

Akershus.... i think someone in my family ordered what turned out to be goat balls? Not sure what it was exactly, but i know my food was straight up nasty....

tinkbellz

I have to agree, the last time we ate there we had the same experience and we haven't been back...

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Akershus.... i think someone in my family ordered what turned out to be goat balls? Not sure what it was exactly, but i know my food was straight up nasty....

Oh yeah - I forgot about Akerhaus! This would be my 2nd worst meal. I begged the server to let me order off the kids menu. We have been there for bfast and I think that is a fantastic - and yummy experience. But for dinner - ugh! I ate alot of bread and fruit and the dessert. But that was about it.

OldYeller

Had a hair in my sweet and sour chicken at the counter service Yak and Yeti last October. It wasn't an eyelash. It was a huge, twisting hair that didn't seem to have a beginning or an end. It wasn't on top either but at the bottom. I ate practically the whole thing before i was unfortunate enough to discover what resembled a pube from king kong.

It was pretty good until then but that kind of ruined it for me. But since it was at the end of a long, great day, I didn't have the energy to complain. I just threw it out, bought a drink(yak attack, which was hairless) and tried not to think about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom