Worst job to have at WDW?

klineski96

Original Poster
What do you think would be the WORST job to have at WDW? Bonus points if you've actually seen someone doing it, not just simply one you imagine would be terrible.

Off the top of my head I can think of a few.

*Working at a Turkey Leg cart. (seen)
*Cleaning/fixing a backed up toilet. (seen :hurl:)
*Cleaning/removing animal waste from the storage units at AK, for example the building visable from the train to Rafiki's Planet Watch. (have never seen it, don't really care to)
*Being in a thick, heavy costume on a hot humid Florida summer day. (took the Keys to the Kingdom Tour one past April, saw a few characters without costume heads, they looked like they had just walked across the Sahara Desert.

So what do you all think? CM's please chime in too! What would be the worst job to have if you worked at WDW?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Guest relations, theres no way I could kiss that much , answer inane questions and put up with rampant stupidity on am hourly basis.

paul436

Handling stroller returns at the end of the night can be pretty tough. I've seem CMs completely overwhelmed doing that job.

disney9752

Guest relations, theres no way I could kiss that much , answer inane questions and put up with rampant stupidity on am hourly basis.

I could manage guest relations, I've worked as a server in restaurants for almost 10 years now. We have to deal with more questions, stupidty, & a** kissin as guest relations does.:fork:

As for the worst job i would say entertainment generally. It's tough in 80+ degree temps.:shrug:

CBug88

First, let me say thank you to all of the CMs for doing their jobs! Someone has to man the potty spills, food carts, stroller rentals, etc., and Disney definately has some of the best employees.....

and I think dealing with customers would be the worst (besides bathrooms..eeeekkk). People agrue, talk back and complain waaayyyy too much and as much as you try to do for them, theywill still complain about something- some people you can never make happy!

MKCP 1985

something away from the parks. . . possibly a food/beverage job at the AllStars or maybe janitorial at Downtown Disney. Food prep at the place where they put the stuff together before it is trucked over to the parks and hotels can be a pretty unmagical job also.

At least the horse p00p cleaner-upper gets a daily dose of Magic Kingdom magic.

TxStateMouse

I'm sure there are worse jobs out there, but I worked in Fantasyland in Fall 2003. At the time, anything sounded better. And there were MANY days where picking up ________ would have been better than arranging strollers, pushing a "start" button for 10 hours, and having angry stand-by line people yell at me for letting the FastPass line go before them. It was always crowded, the walkways were always packed, it was always loud, and it was burning up in August/September/October. Let me tell you, January could not have come fast enough.

However, as I sit here and work my days away behind a computer screen, those days don't seem half bad. It's amazing how easily one can take those experiences for granted.

larryl9797

At least the horse p00p cleaner-upper gets a daily dose of Magic Kingdom magic.

Is that what they call horse p00p now a days... Oh look that horse is getting magial right in the middle of main street! I can smell the magic form here!:ROFLOL::ROFLOL:
Couldnt resist! :wave:

Seroiusly, P00P cleaner you would probably get used to and guests wouldnt bother you. I would have to say one of the food service jobs is the pits!

Jaytrod

I would also like to start off by saying thank you to all the CM's. They truly do make up a huge part of the Disney experience no matter how big or small their job may be. As for the worst job at the world, I would have to go with the person who has to clean up all the :hurl: on mission space. I am one of those people that will usually :hurl: just from the sight of someone elses. I don't think I would be able to handle that one. Making me nausious just thinking of it :hurl:

Oh and I've never actually seen someone doing it, but I've seen someone on their way to hehe.

animay

I was never fond of Fantasmic shifts. Trying to herd lots of tired, potentially angry and uncooperative people into designated spaces, and then cleaning up the mountains of garbage they leave behind.

The "Pro"

First, let me say thank you to all of the CMs for doing their jobs! Someone has to man the potty spills, food carts, stroller rentals, etc., and Disney definately has some of the best employees.....

and I think dealing with customers would be the worst (besides bathrooms..eeeekkk). People agrue, talk back and complain waaayyyy too much and as much as you try to do for them, theywill still complain about something- some people you can never make happy!

I agree with you. CM's don't have it easy.

Most cast members deserve an A+ for their efforts!

Dragonrider1227

AND you have to be SMILING the whole time!
Though actually, the worst job in my opinion would have to be working at the Tomorrowland Indy Speedway. I mean, all that engine noise, the smell of gas, I could barely stand it the 15-20 minutes I waited in line I couldn't imagine having to put up with it all day!

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
From personal experience:

Pleasure Island Admissions - BEFORE they 'opened up' the island. I hated working at those friggin turnstiles, wristbanding drunks, dealing with drunks hitting on me, standing out in the rain/cold/damp/heat, working until 2-3am, all with a smile plastered on my face.

The only 'joy' I got out of my job was watching OCPD taze a drunk every once in a while.

Good Riddance to PI. RIP Adv. Club

My CP dramatically changed when they moved me to Cirque.

Ralphlaw

One person mentioned getting hit on by the drunks at Pleasure Island. Is that sort of thing common for many of the CMs all over the parks? Especially the Jasmines, Mermaids, Tinkerbelle's and other "attractively presented" CMs?

Also, the furry dressed characters, how long are they expected to be out in the heat? And don't they have cold packs or some other way to keep a little cooler?

As for me, I would probably have to agree that dealing with drunks and human secretions would probably be the worst category of jobs. All with a smile on your face.

RiversideBunny

A bad job is the person who has to deliver all the Magical Express luggage to the rooms at Pop Century.
Many rooms, much luggage, no rewards.

IMHO
:dazzle:

SirGoofy

One person mentioned getting hit on by the drunks at Pleasure Island. Is that sort of thing common for many of the CMs all over the parks? Especially the Jasmines, Mermaids, Tinkerbelle's and other "attractively presented" CMs?

I've occasionally been hit on at the Jungle Cruise.:lookaroun I guess girls really do like a good sense of humor.:lol:

And yea, I've heard of the princesses getting hit on a bunch.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom