Worst job to have at WDW?

brent2124

I was the Easter Bunny at a church event once and it was only about an hour in the suit. Some time in the sun for an egg hunt and some indoors but that was the hottest and nastiest job EVERY! Thank you to all CM's in a character suit on a daily basis!:sohappy:

tecowdw

The way my job is going these days (cutbacks, less staff-more duties, high stress, shaky financials), I'd almost like to be working a "poo picking up" job at Disney World.

Sadly, unemployment in my state would likely pay better than that Disney job so I suppose I should just wait it out.

:rolleyes:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
They don't have this job anymore, but I always felt badly for the CM on Kiliminjaro Safari, whose job was to simply stand next to a jeep holding a fake gun and repeat, "Little Red is ok!" every three minutes.

They've wisely eliminated that.

DisneyPrincess5

Is any job all that bad that includes being in WDW?

If there is, I'd probably say PI too. Drunks are not my thing! Oh, and anything having to do with bathrooms ewww.

philsfan2185

Anything custodial, no way. I often walk out of the bathroom's wondering if people leave their own like that :hurl:
Can I be brutally honest with you? Custodial was my role for my CP back in the Fall of 2005 in World Showcase and I didn't mind it at all. I was able to work by yourself, at my own pace, with no manager breathing down my neck, and no guests complaining to me. Guests always asked for directions or a park map which I was happy to help them out with. I never really came into contact with any "rude" guests. I didn't choose custodial as my role, it was assigned to me; so I made the best of it. I had great co-workers and managers, which made long days goes by easier. I was lucky enough to have met cast members and guests from around the globe which was an enriching experience. And the best part about my role, was being able to walk around my favorite part of Walt Disney World, World Showcase, for 40 hours a week. The most annoying part of my role was whenever I was working in Germany, I always had to fix the miniature trains because they would always come off the track :fork:

Shannon_Yensid

A bad job is the person who has to deliver all the Magical Express luggage to the rooms at Pop Century.
Many rooms, much luggage, no rewards.

IMHO
:dazzle:

actually, while it is a demanding job, they do get tips... for every DME bag they scan their name to as the one delivering it, they get a 'tip' from DME which I have heard is $4 a bag but cannot confirm, either way I do know they are not left without reward. Also for the poor guys at Pop, at least their buildings have elevators, only 3 of the many buildings at Old Key West have elevators.

Anyways, as for worst jobs, I couldn't say because it does depend on other things like who you work with and who you work for, like philsfan said, you can have a seemingly crappy job with great leaders and coworkers and its not so bad.

Handling stroller returns at the end of the night can be pretty tough. I've seem CMs completely overwhelmed doing that job.

thanks Paul.... now if only you all could see the stacking action back stage :)

so while I believe a job is what you make of it, being yelled at, particularly when you are over headed and under appreciated, sure does suck... so... be kind to the folks that clean up your trash and mess (or better yet, don't leave a mess!) be nice to the guest relations team... its not their fault that someone moved your stroller from the ride entrance to the clearly marked stroller parking area and you spent an hour looking for it because you rented a stroller and didn't listen to the CM that told you to put a name tag in it.... and don't beat up or hit on costumed characters and princesses and when the character attend says this is the end of the line because so and so needs to go in, don't get made at the attendant because so and so is probably really hot and itchy in there lol
see ya'll out there :wave:

hwdelien

One person mentioned getting hit on by the drunks at Pleasure Island. Is that sort of thing common for many of the CMs all over the parks? Especially the Jasmines, Mermaids, Tinkerbelle's and other "attractively presented" CMs?

I understand what you mean! My 2 year old son was extremely interested in Ariel's sea shells when he met her last year :ROFLOL:

disney magic 06

I suppose when you think about it most of the jobs at WDW aren't very pleasant due to extreme heat/rain, their saving grace of course being their amazing location! The worst for me would be in any of the kitchens I think.................or the bathrooms!

I'd like to be one of the Flights of Wonder ladies, but most of the other jobs seem very tough-thank you to all you CMs who work so hard to make everyones holiday magical :)

Owning horses I know that cleaning horse poo isn't that big of a deal. They are not very efficient at digesting the food so it is basically hay in and hay out.

I would think the person that gets to separate the trash for recyclables would have more of an issues whistling while they work.. :animwink:

raven

(besides bathrooms..eeeekkk).

Anything custodial, no way. I often walk out of the bathroom's wondering if people leave their own like that :hurl:

Can I be brutally honest with you? Custodial was my role for my CP back in the Fall of 2005 in World Showcase and I didn't mind it at all. I was able to work by yourself, at my own pace, with no manager breathing down my neck, and no guests complaining to me.

Custodial is actually a position that a lot of CMs try to get into the most. There are people returning after doing a CP that want a custodial role but they are often filled up. The 3rd shift custodial (which is what I do) pays a lot more than most regular CM jobs on property, plus you get to work by yourself, see things you don't get to see everyday, and power wash things down. Bathrooms are actually kind of fun to do because it isn't like your normal bathroom cleaning. We cover everything with a powerful foam (floors, walls, sinks, you name it) and then spray everything down. We often don't even have to get close to a toilet at all. You can make a complete mess and have fun doing it! :wave:

larryl9797

Raven... insightful! I guess most people think of that taksk with ruber gloves and a toilet brush.. Not the way you describe. :wave:

The "Pro"

They don't have this job anymore, but I always felt badly for the CM on Kiliminjaro Safari, whose job was to simply stand next to a jeep holding a fake gun and repeat, "Little Red is ok!" every three minutes.

They've wisely eliminated that.

Very Funny!

Ralphlaw

We cover everything with a powerful foam (floors, walls, sinks, you name it) and then spray everything down. We often don't even have to get close to a toilet at all. You can make a complete mess and have fun doing it! :wave:[/quote]

Where can I sign up? Foaming checmicals? Power-washing? Compressors? High PSIs? I feel the latent Tim the Toolman Taylor gene kicking in. Grunt, Grunt Grunt!

jonnyc

I could barely stand it the 15-20 minutes I waited in line I couldn't imagine having to put up with it all day!

But it is totally worth it when you get on. Well that is at least the opinion of my sister (21) and me (18) :lookaroun.

I would think that the worst job would be working on IASW.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom