World of Color?

EPCOT Explorer

it will look great, especially with the new Fun Wheel lighting reflecting on the bay. The wave machines were apparently fixed while the lagoon was dry, so it'll be nice to see them back in action :D
Oooooh, purty!

Why do they need the wave machines, though, when they have the barge?

sponono88

Really? I thought they were uninstalling them for good...guess not.

I guess it was easier to just fix them while the lagoon was still dry

Oooooh, purty!

The wave machines are located next to the Screamin' launch - they used to work back when DCA first opened.. they just weren't very reliable. It was a neat detail and gave the bay some life, with the waves crashing against the rocks and splashing the Screamin trains :)

MintCrocodile's update has new pictures of WoC construction..

featuring this strange contraption..
http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/682067878_hJpNX-X3.jpg

http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/682078388_cSTRX-X3.jpg

closer look: http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/682072231_xBKYN-X3.jpg

and more trees for Paradise Park:
http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/682066221_UF54b-X3.jpg

The Tunnel of Walls - Now with Trees!
http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/682078632_S7SYk-X3.jpg

EpcotServo

Oooooh, purty!

I guess it was easier to just fix them while the lagoon was still dry

The wave machines are located next to the Screamin' launch - they used to work back when DCA first opened.. they just weren't very reliable. It was a neat detail and gave the bay some life, with the waves crashing against the rocks and splashing the Screamin trains :)

Exactly, the crashing waves "Energize" the Screamin' launch.

Like I said- I really hope they DON'T use the Aircraft Carrier during the day, I think it kind of spoils the magic of it existing...I would like to see the Wave Machine return though.

Also-Have I ever said California Screamin' is the best coaster ever?

Because it is...

So there.

EPCOT Explorer

Exactly, the crashing waves "Energize" the Screamin' launch.

Like I said- I really hope they DON'T use the Aircraft Carrier during the day, I think it kind of spoils the magic of it existing...I would like to see the Wave Machine return though.

Also-Have I ever said California Screamin' is the best coaster ever?

Because it is...

So there.

You would think that it had plenty energy.:dazzle:

And yeah, I think I would want the barge to stay hidden. I hate that you can see ROE's barges during the day.

TP2000

EPCOT Explorer

Okay, the comments they get up on this corporate blog just KILL ME! :lol:

They are all so happy-shiny-corporate-positive that I can't help but laugh. It's clearly obvious they are editing these things and deleting anything with a whiff of criticism or anything less than adoration for everything Disney does. :rolleyes:

They make for a funny read though! :lol:

I know.:rolleyes:

I am surprised they let my comments about the new DL President up there.

sponono88

repost from the photo update thread-

projection domes are here!

from MouseTimes gallery:
686770974_vD9te-L.jpg

and in other news, insider67 from MiceChat posted the following:

Water is supposed to start flowing into the lagoon today. Mickey and Goofy were being filmed dumping water into the lagoon from Ariels Grotto today.
:D

Macro has posted a Tech Stuff update, with close-up shots of all the new stuff going in. The platform seems to be getting more and more stuff each day.. people have been commenting on the amount of show elements going in. They really went all out with this!

Tech Stuff Update - link

TP2000

The projection domes look really cool.

Incase anyone forgot how much is going on at DCA right now heres a great overhead picture-

http://micechat.com/forums/disneyla...e-project-tracker-viii-18.html#post1055621615

WOW! I get that view all time time flying into John Wayne when I make a point of getting the window seat on the left side of the plane. I've never thought to snap a pic of it though.

And to think, the entire Main Entrance/Buena Vista Street complex goes into construction mode just after Christmas. They have literally bulldozed half of the park already, and torn up a bunch of additional land! :eek:

nemofinder22

WOW! I get that view all time time flying into John Wayne when I make a point of getting the window seat on the left side of the plane. I've never thought to snap a pic of it though.

And to think, the entire Main Entrance/Buena Vista Street complex goes into construction mode just after Christmas. They have literally bulldozed half of the park already, and torn up a bunch of additional land! :eek:

Plus imagine all those walls! Yikes!

sponono88

The projection domes look really cool.

Incase anyone forgot how much is going on at DCA right now heres a great overhead picture-

http://micechat.com/forums/disneyla...e-project-tracker-viii-18.html#post1055621615

look at the size of Carsland! and the WoC platform! Can't wait to see what they do with Paradise Garden.. and Paradise Park will look so pretty with the brand new landscaping/gardens - the roses, boxwood, trellises.. :D

and while i'm really looking forward to BVS.. I will really miss Sunshine Plaza, the murals, California Dreamin' playing in the background as I stroll through the "picture-perfect'' postcard version of CA... the splashing wave fountain :eek: ah well, i'm sure Buena Vista Street will be a great entrance for DCA and a fitting tribute to Walt.

Nicole220

Me too. :lol: I always have to find Disneyland and my house. :D

:eek::sohappy:

That's great how close you can get...:D Imagine flying in at night with the pyro going off.

Like Soarin'!
I've seen it before!

TP2000

:eek::sohappy::sohappy:

That is amazing. If and When I get to Cali (2012!?), I SO want to do this. What Airport do you fly into?

Yeah, you've got to fly into John Wayne Airport, airport code SNA. It's a great airport; modern, clean, friendly, small and easy.

john-wayne-airport-address.jpg

It's a 20 minute drive up the Costa Mesa and Santa Ana freeways from the curb at baggage claim to Disneyland Drive. Lots of convenient flights on Southwest, Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Virgin America, and US Airways, plus a few others. I usually fly Alaska into John Wayne, and since Alaska is the official airline of Disneyland, the Alaska stewardesses generally point out Disneyland off the left side of the plane and make everyone go ooh and aah! It's fun.

2252992269_1e473ba426.jpg

But avoid LAX like the plague! LAX is everything John Wayne is not; old, dirty, unfriendly, huge and difficult. The only redeeming quality of LAX is the wonderful Theme Building in the center with the restaurant and cocktail lounge designed by WDI in the 1990's.

lax.jpg

If you can't get a John Wayne flight (or don't want to pay the extra 20 bucks airlines tack on to fly there because everyone wants to get a John Wayne flight), other good SoCal airports are Long Beach (like something out of a 1940's movie and big hub for JetBlue) or Ontario (small and modern, but without as many airlines and farther from Disneyland).

Click around on Expedia and you can find the five major international airports of Southern California; LAX, Burbank, Long Beach, Ontario, and John Wayne. Just avoid LAX!

EPCOT Explorer

^^^^ Your posts are making me pine for DL. It's become a new obsession and goal for me...:lol: :eek: I HAVE TO GET OUT THERE.:D

Even if I have to go through LAX. :lol:

Would like to fly into Wayne, though, just for that view. Is Delta or Airtran there?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom