World of Color?

sponono88

I don't know why, I'm really excited about the heavy amounts of fog Steven mentioned (yay for mee fog!) :lookaroun

I like any rides/shows that involve lots of fog heh - makes the lighting look a lot better I guess.

sponono88

I think they updated it, for this purpose, but I can't be sure.

that would have been a good question for Steven at the expo. Nobody really knows for sure at this point..

Steven said the finale will be the kaleidoscope of colors so the Fun Wheel lighting would fit in perfectly. But if they add in the Fun Wheel to the show it wouldn't make sense to leave out Screamin..

I remember a while ago there were rumors that Screamin would receive brand new LED lighting as well - if true that would mean it could also be part of the colorful finale? :shrug:

in the finale for Luminaria, the Sun Wheel and Screamin would light up with these glowy lights that looked like candles. picture here, also note the floating candles in the water :) Maybe they'll end up doing something similar for WoC, except on a more colorful scale..

luminaria14.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

that would have been a good question for Steven at the expo. Nobody really knows for sure at this point..

Steven said the finale will be the kaleidoscope of colors so the Fun Wheel lighting would fit in perfectly. But if they add in the Fun Wheel to the show it wouldn't make sense to leave out Screamin..

I remember a while ago there were rumors that Screamin would receive brand new LED lighting as well - if true that would mean it could also be part of the colorful finale? :shrug:

in the finale for Luminaria, the Sun Wheel and Screamin would light up with these glowy lights that looked like candles. picture here, also note the floating candles in the water :) Maybe they'll end up doing something similar for WoC, except on a more colorful scale..

luminaria14.jpg

Ah, Luminaria. :eek: Loved that.

Hopefully they are involved ala WS Pavs during RoE. :D would be a cool effect.

nemofinder22

A few of the new lighting rigs have popped up no equipment yet-
http://www.flickr.com/photos/plokmnij/3961227776/sizes/l/

And it sounds like Paradise Park is a bit behind
http://micechat.com/forums/disneyla...e-project-tracker-vii-154.html#post1055583136

MasterGracey-Paradise Park, the new World of Color viewing area has, not surprisingly, been delayed. We've all been tracking the progress of the area, and I've been including photos of it every week in Dateline Disneyland -- so it's no secret that it has been moving along pretty slowly, despite a scheduled opening in December.

Well, they've pushed it back two months. It is now scheduled for a February 2010 opening. It'll be interesting to see if World of Color is delayed as well, considering Paradise Bay was originally supposed to be refilled this month.

I'll keep you posted as I receive information.

Paradise Park (Disney's World of Color Viewing Area)

Details: A new viewing area for the upcoming World of Color show is being constructed where the former Golden State Amphitheater was located, along the northern shore of Paradise Bay. The new viewing area will be multi-leveled, similar to Disneyland's Fantasmic! viewing area, and large enough to accommodate 9,000 guests per show.
Project Status: In progress. Began Monday, January 5, 2009.
Open Date: Delayed from its original December 18, 2009 open date. Now scheduled to open February 2010.

sponono88

Nooooo..!

I wonder if this delay will affect the re-filling of the bay. I hope not because Steven said they need time for testing/adjusting the show.. here's hoping they will be able to premiere the show Spring 2010 as promised. Plus I can't wait to see the bay full of water again :)

though I do agree with the poster on Micechat who said the delay is a good thing - it will allow them to take their time and do it right.

Speaking of Micechat, dland_lover took a close-up picture of a Air France freight container for WoC. Someone looked up the address and were able to find the website of the company that shipped the containers: Groupe F. They have a gallery of different special effects they create. These will probably be for the fire effects, or maybe even some pyro for the show?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom