World of Color?

TP2000

Speaking of Micechat, dland_lover took a close-up picture of a Air France freight container for WoC. Someone looked up the address and were able to find the website of the company that shipped the containers: Groupe F. They have a gallery of different special effects they create. These will probably be for the fire effects, or maybe even some pyro for the show?

Hilarious!

I just love how amateur fans sleuth around, using amazing technology that just 10 years ago was only available to the CIA but can now be found at your local Best Buy. Power to the people! :lol:

Looking at the Group F website, that's where Disney must have purchased the rotating fire jets to be used in World of Color.

sponono88

in case anyone missed Macro's update over at Micechat, here's the link to his post: Tech Stuff! Lots of close-up shots of the pipes, fountains, and the holes which will probably house the jellyfish/domes

and here's a fun little video I found on Youtube yesterday. It's a short montage of scenes from Pocahontas, inspired by WoC

[youtube]96W2JWDKuAQ[/youtube]

EPCOT Explorer

in case anyone missed Macro's update over at Micechat, here's the link to his post: Tech Stuff! Lots of close-up shots of the pipes, fountains, and the holes which will probably house the jellyfish/domes

and here's a fun little video I found on Youtube yesterday. It's a short montage of scenes from Pocahontas, inspired by WoC

[youtube]96W2JWDKuAQ[/youtube]

Honestly, it's exactly how I thought it would be.

This will rock.

nemofinder22

sponono88

Just to point out a few things-

One of the light towers has some lights and speakers on it now.
http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/667220093_dwuLd-X3.jpg

Has this always been here? I cant figuar it out maybe the cover was on with dirt on top of it?
http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/667220278_E2coZ-X3.jpg

Some painting on the light houses-
http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/667219341_TGCzN-X3.jpg

full album
http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2009/10/hot-trip-to-park.html

yay! was waiting for Mint's update :)

new paint for the lighthouses! new lights! looks awesome so far :D also someone on MC mentioned the doors for the light towers had been weathered. I hadn't noticed until now, they look good!

http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/667223714_2MerT-X3.jpg
and wow, look at those speakers.. those domes are really big as well

sponono88

a taste of what's to come? found this posted on Micechat.. I would expect something similar, except more colourful and more.. Disney ;) add to that mist screens, fire, and other special effects.. lots of fog. and it should be one heck of a show.

[youtube]M_GQYI9brGs[/youtube]

and for those who missed it, this is the description of the show as it appeared during the D23 Expo presentation:

World of Color is a thrilling celebration of the colorful worlds of Disney, re-imagined through a myriad of fantastic fountains, brilliant lights, dramatic fire, stunning sound and animated projection effects. It's an illuminating experience where a few drops of creativity catapult us through familiar sights and songs into new and amazing places. A radiant liquid tapestry splashes before our eyes, releasing a flood of Disney memories to thrill us, charm us, make us laugh, defy our fears and move us to tears.

As we reach the end of our journeys, we are immersed in an amazing rainbow of dreams that reminds us how wonderful and colorful Disney's world can be and that our own wonderful world of color is just a dream away.

EPCOT Explorer

a taste of what's to come? found this posted on Micechat.. I would expect something similar, except more colourful and more.. Disney ;) add to that mist screens, fire, and other special effects.. lots of fog. and it should be one heck of a show.

[youtube]M_GQYI9brGs[/youtube]

and for those who missed it, this is the description of the show as it appeared during the D23 Expo presentation:
Fantastic. And this will be with newer tech too! WOW

nemofinder22

Some more lights (Screamin side)
674653162_YwAvW-M.jpg

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/Theme-Parks/DLR-10809/9899788_hBm6y#674653162_YwAvW

Jumping Jellyfish side
674686353_vred7-M.jpg

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/Theme-Parks/DLR-10809/9899788_hBm6y#674686353_vred7

2 more trees added to Paradise Park and the fountain play area is underway.
674666059_g4XSK-M-1.jpg

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/Theme-Parks/DLR-10809/9899788_hBm6y#674666059_g4XSK

sponono88

http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2009/10/rising.html

The Rising...

Finally, we can say goodbye to looking at all that construction in Paradise Pier...

That's right. This week (today, actually) you're going to see a steady stream of liquid that used to be known as water inside that big concrete pit that we've all come to loath, err, I mean love. Yeah, I meant love.

Seriously though, it'll take a little less than three weeks, but come early November most people that come into the park will see an actual bay where all those nozzles, bars and tubes now lay. Of course, it'll really be nice when we're able to finally walk along that swanky new play area around it.

But it'll be the end of the year (Dec/Jan) before you'll get that chance...

Blue Sky Disney blog is reporting that the re-filling process is currently underway at Paradise Pier lagoon :sohappy:

Though I will admit it's kind of bittersweet news for me.. i'm very excited about seeing the water back in the bay, but I will miss the construction progress/updates of all things going on in the lagoon. :eek: we are this much closer to the premiere of WoC!

EpcotServo

http://blueskydisney.blogspot.com/2009/10/rising.html

Blue Sky Disney blog is reporting that the re-filling process is currently underway at Paradise Pier lagoon :sohappy:

Though I will admit it's kind of bittersweet news for me.. i'm very excited about seeing the water back in the bay, but I will miss the construction progress/updates of all things going on in the lagoon. :eek: we are this much closer to the premiere of WoC!

"Oh boy"

-What everyone on the Project Team is thinking now that they are about to submerge million dollar equipment and mechanics in water and hope it all still works

:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

OOOOOOH, Water! :D :lol:

FYI, a little birdy told me today that Tokyo DisneySEA isn't getting WOC in favor of Fantasmic of all things.:shrug:

I think that both don't fit, to be honest with you, and that they should stick to BraviSEAmo, which is awesome.

Any truth to this? I kinda doubt my source, for once....:rolleyes:

EpcotServo

FYI, a little birdy told me today that Tokyo DisneySEA isn't getting WOC in favor of Fantasmic of all things.:shrug:

I think that both don't fit, to be honest with you, and that they should stick to BraviSEAmo, which is awesome.

From now on ALWAYS doubt your source at first...I never accept anything unless I've grilled the source with questions, even if I believe them at first, make them WANT to make you believe...

Anyways, shows aren't even anywhere on the spectrum of things to do at Tokyo Disney, there are much better things to do there, also in the rest of the city when it comes to me.

sponono88

yes! Just read about that yesterday at laughingplace.com:

Fantasmic! coming to Tokyo DisneySea
OLC have decided to replace Tokyo DisneySea's BraviSEAmo! with Fantasmic! in 2012. OLC opted not to pick up the World of Color show as it was deemed too complex for Mediterranean Harbor. Fantasmic! is likely to be presented in slightly altered version from the current Disneyland incarnation.

Posted: Sun 10/11/2009 6:02p

obviously nothing has been officially confirmed yet, but it's an interesting turn of events. All along I had heard WoC was going to Tokyo.. It'll be interesting to see how different the show will be from the DL-DHS shows.

Al has some more info on the show, mainly the opening date of April 24, as well as the possiblity of Showpass for seating in the Paradise Park viewing area.

http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al101309a.htm

Yeah, not sure how I feel about the Showpass idea just yet. I guess i'm used to doing it the old-fashioned way like you do with Fantasmic.. get there early if you want a good spot. But with this being a new show, it will obviously be more crowded and I can already picture the massive crowds fighting over a spot around the bay. If done properly I guess it could work.. they should also look into using the lottery system that Tokyo uses - seems to work well over there.

EPCOT Explorer

From now on ALWAYS doubt your source at first...I never accept anything unless I've grilled the source with questions, even if I believe them at first, make them WANT to make you believe...

Anyways, shows aren't even anywhere on the spectrum of things to do at Tokyo Disney, there are much better things to do there, also in the rest of the city when it comes to me.
Eh, I usually don't have to.:lookaroun:lol:
yes! Just read about that yesterday at laughingplace.com:

obviously nothing has been officially confirmed yet, but it's an interesting turn of events. All along I had heard WoC was going to Tokyo.. It'll be interesting to see how different the show will be from the DL-DHS shows.
I hope it's MUCH different...Maybe make it like DisneySEA Symphony?

Eww....Fant.:lookaroun:lol:

sponono88

Disney Parks Blog - Soon Paradise Bay Will Begin Filling With Water For 'World of Color'

If you’ve visited Disney’s California Adventure Park recently, you know the lagoon has been dry for many months as Walt Disney Imagineers install and test the newest and coolest water fountains at any Disney Park.

You can now see that the floor of Paradise Bay is a superstructure that’s nearly an acre in size and covered with a mass of metal, wiring, nozzles and gadgets. It’s all part of an intricate engineering feat to support “World of Color,” an exciting new nighttime water show that brings Disney animation to life with powerful fountains and amazing projection.

But, soon, water will be flowing back into the lagoon as part of a carefully planned environmental effort and the centerpiece of Paradise Pier will be reflecting the lights of Mickey’s Fun Wheel and California Screamin’. The lagoon will fill at a steady pace, and should be more than halfway full in about three days.

It’s actually a really interesting environmental story, and the Disneyland Resort was recently honored with the state of California’s highest environmental award for its efforts. To drain the lagoon, we worked with the Orange County Water District to send the water through its state-of-the-art Ground Water Replenishment System instead of releasing the water to the ocean through storm drains. After an extensive purification process, the water was stored in Orange County’s underground water basin and contributed to the County’s overall water reserves. Later this month, the lagoon will be filled with clean water from the aquifer.

“World of Color” makes it’s flashy splashy debut in Spring 2010. You can check out some cool renderings and video at www.DisneysCaliforniaAdventure.com.

Heather Hust Rivera
Disney Parks Blog

sponono88

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

It'll be nice to see the lagoon back to show standards. :D

it will look great, especially with the new Fun Wheel lighting reflecting on the bay. The wave machines were apparently fixed while the lagoon was dry, so it'll be nice to see them back in action :D

EpcotServo

it will look great, especially with the new Fun Wheel lighting reflecting on the bay. The wave machines were apparently fixed while the lagoon was dry, so it'll be nice to see them back in action :D

Really? I thought they were uninstalling them for good...guess not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom