World of Color?

EpcotServo

I'v been reading a few reports of people who attended and no one eles mentions it either. Perhaps the twitter post is false....

I'm thinking the same thing. Suspicious.

picture.php

sponono88

Just got back from DL! Spent the whole day at the expo and had an awesome time, then spent a few hours at DL to see Fantasmic and the fireworks. LOVED THE EXPO! :D

Some thoughts from the presentation:

The WoC presentation was amazing, plain and simple. The presentation was a bit similar to the BSC version, but significantly longer and more detailed. Steven went all out, he could barely catch his breath at the end.

-Steve talked about the opening scene and the lasers that will be used. Apparently they will be completely new laser technology, done by a French guy who is a laser expert. Steven said they had just gotten the ok to use those lasers; they are supposed to be extra vibrant and rich with color.

-He talked about a scene with Dory/Nemo and a giant whale made entirely out of fountains.

-We were also treated to a CGI mockup of an Incredibles scene. It. was. incredible. excuse the pun. The music, the fountains, the movement and height of the water, the MUSIC. omg. Really, I could just sit there and listen to the synth music for the show all day.

-When showing the layout of the platform, he pointed to several spots that he claimed would be "surprises". I'm guessing these will be the jellyfish? When talking about the Chernabog scene he said it would include a secret element that he wasn't giving away.

-Steven gave us a sneak peek of the Stampede scene. Steven said the animation had just been completed in France. The whole scene is pure genius.. The entire back wall of projection is the giant wildebeests coming at you, while in the front screen you see Simba and other Wildebeests. The end of the scene is quite dramatic, you see Mufasa's death as Scar whispers 'Long live the King'. You see him fall, then there is a blackout. Again, the music arrangement was fantastic - candy for the ears. It was a mixture of the movie version mixed with the Broadway version.

-The following scene involves baby Simba going to Mufasa's dead body, and in the background you see animals and a sort of afterlife/heaven sequence. You also see Bambi and his mom, along with other characters and their families. This is certainly going to be a touching moment - Steven said everyone will be crying at this point. I believe him!

I had seen the BSC video and watched it over and over. But there is nothing like seeing Steven in action, hearing the music as he acts out the scenes, watching all of this with such an awesome crowd. This was the highlight of the day for me :):)

Edit, also wanted to add that I heard nothing about using the fountains during the day. Steven made no mention of this during the presentation.

and a link to a great pictorial by Fishbulb (micechat.com) Click here

some other tidbits - Steven kept referring to the online community throughout the presentation. He talked about someone incorrectly posting online that the show is 19mins, when it's actually 25mins long.

He also talked about the Wonderful World of Color song and the fact that people were complaining about the new pop-version of it. He confirmed that the original song would be used in the show.

there was also a comment about a picture shown of the WoC platform. He said something like, 'This picture is nice and clear... it wasn't taken through a cage'' referring to the pictures people take from up on the fun wheel :p

EPCOT Explorer

Just got back from DL! Spent the whole day at the expo and had an awesome time, then spent a few hours at DL to see Fantasmic and the fireworks. LOVED THE EXPO! :D

Some thoughts from the presentation:

The WoC presentation was amazing, plain and simple. The presentation was a bit similar to the BSC version, but significantly longer and more detailed. Steven went all out, he could barely catch his breath at the end.

-Steve talked about the opening scene and the lasers that will be used. Apparently they will be completely new laser technology, done by a French guy who is a laser expert. Steven said they had just gotten the ok to use those lasers; they are supposed to be extra vibrant and rich with color.

-He talked about a scene with Dory/Nemo and a giant whale made entirely out of fountains.

-We were also treated to a CGI mockup of an Incredibles scene. It. was. incredible. excuse the pun. The music, the fountains, the movement and height of the water, the MUSIC. omg. Really, I could just sit there and listen to the synth music for the show all day.

-When showing the layout of the platform, he pointed to several spots that he claimed would be "surprises". I'm guessing these will be the jellyfish? When talking about the Chernabog scene he said it would include a secret element that he wasn't giving away.

-Steven gave us a sneak peek of the Stampede scene. Steven said the animation had just been completed in France. The whole scene is pure genius.. The entire back wall of projection is the giant wildebeests coming at you, while in the front screen you see Simba and other Wildebeests. The end of the scene is quite dramatic, you see Mufasa's death as Scar whispers 'Long live the King'. You see him fall, then there is a blackout. Again, the music arrangement was fantastic - candy for the ears. It was a mixture of the movie version mixed with the Broadway version.

-The following scene involves baby Simba going to Mufasa's dead body, and in the background you see animals and a sort of afterlife/heaven sequence. You also see Bambi and his mom, along with other characters and their families. This is certainly going to be a touching moment - Steven said everyone will be crying at this point. I believe him!

I had seen the BSC video and watched it over and over. But there is nothing like seeing Steven in action, hearing the music as he acts out the scenes, watching all of this with such an awesome crowd. This was the highlight of the day for me :):)

Edit, also wanted to add that I heard nothing about using the fountains during the day. Steven made no mention of this during the presentation.

and a link to a great pictorial by Fishbulb (micechat.com) Click here

some other tidbits - Steven kept referring to the online community throughout the presentation. He talked about someone incorrectly posting online that the show is 19mins, when it's actually 25mins long.

He also talked about the Wonderful World of Color song and the fact that people were complaining about the new pop-version of it. He confirmed that the original song would be used in the show.

there was also a comment about a picture shown of the WoC platform. He said something like, 'This picture is nice and clear... it wasn't taken through a cage'' referring to the pictures people take from up on the fun wheel :p
Sounds fantastic. This is going to revolutionize Disney night spectaculars, even those WITHOUT water.:D:lol:

Those lasers, especially...Hi, EPCOT.

Any vids of this? REEEEALLY would love to hear the music.

nemofinder22

nemofinder22

sponono88

Part 5 has now been added:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esodXP4geec

a 6th part was added, so the above is now part 5 of 6

stampede scene: :D

----

All 6 Parts:

Part 1
[youtube]xbtMortRHZ0[/youtube]

Part 2
[youtube]7Q7P2hV-Nw0[/youtube]

Part 3
[youtube]q0DIjxwyEcU[/youtube]

Part 4
[youtube]leVJuQXQEBM[/youtube]

Part 5
[youtube]esodXP4geec[/youtube]

Part 6
[youtube]dVPybaOEUK4[/youtube]

EpcotServo

I already love this project so much.

I blame Steve Davidson. When it comes to spectacular shows and overlays, he's the man.
:sohappy: :D

Can't wait for the programming. "Scary."
:lol:

nemofinder22

Thanks for the report sponono88!!! sounds incredible!

Some parts of the presentation are slowly coming online

Part 1 of 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbtMortRHZ0

Part 2 of 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q7P2hV-Nw0

Part 3 of 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0DIjxwyEcU

Part 4 of 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leVJuQXQEBM

Part 5 of 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esodXP4geec (originally posted by sponono88)

Part 6 of 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVPybaOEUK4

All 6 of 6 parts are up!

sponono88

Mouseinfo.com posted this additional info for WoC. They confirmed the daytime water fountain show, as well the encore scenes (like the Incredibles, which is supposed to be a encore segment of the show.)

Some notes on what was revealed...

MUSIC
Amy Grant is the signature voice for the show.
Mark Hammond and Dave Hamilton are composing the music for the show
The soundtrack is being recorded in London with a 100 piece orchestra
According to Steve, it's a massive soundtrack but there's parts of the show with no soundtrack at all, which he noted was a teaser.

DAYTIME
Once the show premieres, there ARE plans to have on the hour or on the half hour mini water shows during the day.

CHANGING IT UP
Steve Davison confirmed that the show will not be "static" (his words) and that it would be ever changing. The plan is to have the planned encores (when the show is over) to be constantly changing and rotating to feature the newest movies etc. When possible they'd also be changing out parts of the actual show with new parts, as well. He mentioned Rapunzel being a relevant option that might be phased in later once the show starts.

In that regard, he said he's most definitely interested in using the new infastructure for new shows including a Luminaria 2.0. He noted that he was especially excited because of all the new fire effects that will be available for WOC.

CONTINGENCIES
It was also revealed that when crowds demanded, that second showings would be made. Davison noted, the great thing about World of Color is that unlike fireworks for Fantasmic etc this show doesn't have to be "reloaded" and unlike Fantasmic there is no cast members, so second showings would be extremley easy to coordinate at the last minute.

Also, tests have been done in windy parts of Japan and that the fountains perform remarkably well in not misting and soaking nearby audiences so they have little worries about the show's availability due to weather conditions.

NOT A MOVIE
They kept emphasizing that the show IS NOT going to be a movie shown on water but it would really be an experience and seeing characters etc in all new ways.

-Mouseinfo.com

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom