World of Color?

nemofinder22

NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH THE SM TREE!:fork::ROFLOL:

And what happened with the YOAMD Mickey? I don't remember that.

And the Hub looks lovely. :eek:

1.0 this was the one

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/Theme-Parks/Disneyland-Resort-12307/2387940_HqSfj#125137015_QPLdj

It wasnt that bad but it had all the ugly plastic accents plus there was a whole line up of plasic characters(similar to the weird pastel colored leafs) but were removed prior to the walls coming down only Tink made the final cut. Thankfully when DLR pulled the YOAMD 1.0 decor mid summer 07, the plastic was removed from the floral, the tunnel entrances, the lamp posts, and the infamous plastic swans, and then replaced with the blue/sliver/ design a few weeks later.
During Halloween Time 06 and 07 was when the pumpkin design was brought back and same goes for the 06 and 07 Christmas ones. Start of 2008 brought the floral up to date with YOAMD 2.0 decor and got the really cool Tinker bell/lighting effect, the design was kept through Halloween and Christmas.
2009 we got the WWYC? one with the party hat and Mickey Balloons, which recived modest Halloween and Christmas overlays(mainly changing the hat and balloon colors)

Im ready for a new Mickey floral maybe a new one with lights again:rolleyes::eek:

I guess it makes perfect since why Paradise Park was taking so long now. Mermaid better get a move on before the trees cover it all:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

1.0 this was the one

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/Theme-Parks/Disneyland-Resort-12307/2387940_HqSfj#125137015_QPLdj

It wasnt that bad but it had all the ugly plastic accents plus there was a whole line up of plasic characters(similar to the weird pastel colored leafs) but were removed prior to the walls coming down only Tink made the final cut. Thankfully when DLR pulled the YOAMD 1.0 decor mid summer 07, the plastic was removed from the floral, the tunnel entrances, the lamp posts, and the infamous plastic swans, and then replaced with the blue/sliver/ design a few weeks later.
During Halloween Time 06 and 07 was when the pumpkin design was brought back and same goes for the 06 and 07 Christmas ones. Start of 2008 brought the floral up to date with YOAMD 2.0 decor and got the really cool Tinker bell/lighting effect, the design was kept through Halloween and Christmas.
2009 we got the WWYC? one with the party hat and Mickey Balloons, which recived modest Halloween and Christmas overlays(mainly changing the hat and balloon colors)

Im ready for a new Mickey floral maybe a new one with lights again:rolleyes::eek:

I guess it makes perfect since why Paradise Park was taking so long now. Mermaid better get a move on before the trees cover it all:lol:
Is it bad that I kind of liked that Mickey? :lol:

We only get our lighting effect for Halloween. :shrug:

sponono88

Finally! It looks like the Horticulture Dept. is now on scene at Paradise Park. Mousetimes Twitter has a picture of greenery being added to some of the planters! This will look amazing when it's finished :sohappy:

732087582.jpg

http://twitpic.com/17l48m

The Mickey floral with lights, was that the one with Tinkerbell and the pixie dust trail? Really miss that one! Remember the Halloween Mickey floral they did a few years ago? It was made up of small pumpkins.. I loved that one - wish they'd bring it back.

nemofinder22

Is it bad that I kind of liked that Mickey? :lol:

We only get our lighting effect for Halloween. :shrug:

Dont forget Christmas gets some lights too in the MK Mickey floral/shrubs, though it doesn't look the greatest....:(

Finally! It looks like the Horticulture Dept. is now on scene at Paradise Park. Mousetimes Twitter has a picture of greenery being added to some of the planters! This will look amazing when it's finished :sohappy:

732087582.jpg

http://twitpic.com/17l48m

The Mickey floral with lights, was that the one with Tinkerbell and the pixie dust trail? Really miss that one! Remember the Halloween Mickey floral they did a few years ago? It was made up of small pumpkins.. I loved that one - wish they'd bring it back.

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: Hopefully Paradise Park is in the home stretch now! and the big trees are starting to get there leaves back(good to see the trees growing, bad since it will block the Mermaid site..) Should look even better once Mermaid is up and running.

The Mickey floral with Tink and the lights was my favorite, they totally went above and beyond with that design.:sohappy: I miss the pumpkins too:(

TP2000

Plants!!!! It looks great. Will be nice when they grown in.

Yeah, it's nice to see the plants finally start to arrive. But as with even the most expertly designed landscape, they'll need a full year of dormancy and new growth to really settle in to their planters and look like they've been there for years. Summer '11 is when they'll look better.

Even new Disney landscaping done with mature specimens has that NEW THEME PARK! look to it. :D

TP2000

That picture reminds me of the old quote from famous Hollywood columnist Hedda Hopper after her first visit to Disneyland in July, 1955...

"To landscape his park Walt Disney has depleted all our nurseries from Santa Barbara to San Diego!" :lol:

sponono88

Testing the rear mist screens, and part of the Chernabog tower rising out from the water

IMG_2921.jpg

photo by DatelineDisneyland

Also read that they've recently been testing the huge back wall of water, the projection panels as Disney calls them. So far we've only really seen the mist screens (pictured above).

and going back to the videos posted by mtakenM - halfway through this video you can see them testing the fog effect (approx. 1:55 in the video)

[youtube]0HgFBuygPTo[/youtube]

One of the few reports we have of someone who has personally seen the after-hours testing:

I have now seen the WoC show put thru its programmed scenes 3 times now. The water projection screens are constantly changing during the scenes. They are using every combination that you can think of. The transformations are seemless and beautiful almost to the point that argueing over what is best is a waste of time. These programmers are doing an unbelievable job so far. No one will be disappointed with this show. I have been awe struck at its beauty everytime its been run with the the audio. I'm gonna say it now......Disney has hit a grand slam with this show!!

sponono88

New videos tonight, taken from the Grand Californian Hotel. Only about the half the show is visible, the rest is hidden behind the Golden Zephyr! thanks to clyde1138 for these!

[YOUTUBE]pD_OW81WEWw[/YOUTUBE] [youtube]q5Itz-yDk3k[/youtube]

[YOUTUBE]G1mdiQiL0ec[/YOUTUBE]

sponono88

MasterGracey has pictures of testing from last night.

IMG_2803.jpg

the trees along the back of the viewing area look great with the new lighting.

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_2933.jpg

And finally.. PoM is on and working again! And it looks gorgeous :D The trees around the base tower are also lit-up now, with the same spotlights that also light up the palm trees.

IMG_2890.jpg

IMG_2952.jpg

etwtec

Looking awesome! :) But I am wondering why we have not seen any laser testing? I would imagine they would have been testing lasers by now.... I hope the rumored "cool lasers effects" have not been cut from the show or something....

I know this was posted awhile back in the thread but got me excited thinking and hopeing we would see something of this nature in WOC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSmpGxIQcPk

nemofinder22

Looking awesome! :) But I am wondering why we have not seen any laser testing? I would imagine they would have been testing lasers by now.... I hope the rumored "cool lasers effects" have not been cut from the show or something....

I know this was posted awhile back in the thread but got me excited thinking and hopeing we would see something of this nature in WOC:

I doubt they've been cut, Steve Davison seemed really happy that they got the new ones from Paris approved and all. If Remember, Halloween Screams and Fantasmic! can have lasers Im sure WOC will continue as planned.

And a danger sign about looking into the lasers/
http://www.mouseinfo.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=27408&original=1

sponono88

keep in mind that we have only seen a small fraction of the testing - not all the effects have been captured on pictures or video.

boy33 reported in his Twitter a few weeks ago that he saw them testing some lasers, so not to worry... they definitely won't be cut from the show :) not sure yet if they'll look exactly like that video but I do know that lasers are still part of the show.

etwtec

keep in mind that we have only seen a small fraction of the testing - not all the effects have been captured on pictures or video.

boy33 reported in his Twitter a few weeks ago that he saw them testing some lasers, so not to worry... they definitely won't be cut from the show :) not sure yet if they'll look exactly like that video but I do know that lasers are still part of the show.

Awesome! Yes that is true, probably a lot more testing to do and probably lasers do not take long to program like the rest of the show so they might be saving that for later. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom