World of Color?

sponono88

A few more videos by mTakenM. Some things to keep in mind with these videos - the video quality isn't the best, the show wasn't meant to be seen from this vantage point, and most of the effects are not visible except for the fountains. Take these videos as a simple sneak peek while we wait for the complete show :D

you can hear some of the music in these videos, which is interesting because this video was taken from very far away up in the Paradise Pier Hotel. the first seems to be part of the spring sprite sequence, and in the second video you can hear the world of color theme song.

[youtube]-LvL3i1ehmc[/youtube] [youtube]X-K3mtGbYUA[/youtube]

EPCOT Explorer

A few more videos by mTakenM. Some things to keep in mind with these videos - the video quality isn't the best, the show wasn't meant to be seen from this vantage point, and most of the effects are not visible except for the fountains. Take these videos as a simple sneak peek while we wait for the complete show :D

you can hear some of the music in these videos, which is interesting because this video was taken from very far away up in the Paradise Pier Hotel. the first seems to be part of the spring sprite sequence, and in the second video you can hear the world of color theme song.

[youtube]-LvL3i1ehmc[/youtube] [youtube]X-K3mtGbYUA[/youtube]

:sohappy::sohappy:

The THEME MUSIC gave me chills. Holy carp. :eek:

sponono88

^ agreed, it was nice to hear part of the theme song!

The user who posted these videos has just added a lot more. Now, it seems like they might be testing actual show scenes now.. so I might have to force myself to stop watching :lol: However if you want to see them, just go to his user page and look through his recent uploads.

I'll post one more here.. but I think i'll stop watching right here and wait for the actual show..

[youtube]deNFxdERbn8[/youtube]

love this one. So pretty.. and much clearer sound!

the music is so loud, I wonder if any of the guests in the DVC villas next door will complain about the late-night testing :lookaroun

sponono88

Ok, so maybe I lied. I had to watch another one! It was just too easy to pass up - just a simple click on the Play button :lol:

Intro to The Little Mermaid... :eek:

sponono88

This one is very similar to the one I posted earlier (with the WoC theme song) except the sound here is a tad better :)

[youtube]bR53AShDVko[/youtube]

EPCOT Explorer

This one is very similar to the one I posted earlier (with the WoC theme song) except the sound here is a tad better :)

[youtube]bR53AShDVko[/youtube]

So...It's the "New" music. Odd. Steve said it would open with the retro opening. Maybe this is a transition in the middle of the show? ;)

sponono88

So...It's the "New" music. Odd. Steve said it would open with the retro opening. Maybe this is a transition in the middle of the show? ;)

yeah, he said at the expo that they would use the original version of the song.. Maybe the song will start with the original retro version and then transition into the new version halfway through.

I like the new version of it though. I know some people criticized it and Steve acknowledged that - but I think it works :)

EPCOT Explorer

yeah, he said at the expo that they would use the original version of the song.. Maybe the song will start with the original retro version and then transition into the new version halfway through.

I like the new version of it though. I know some people criticized it and Steve acknowledged that - but I think it works :)

I LOVE the new version, don't get all the hate on it.

And yes, that's what I'm thinking, too. The original portion of the song might be for the "hook" with the lasers. :D

sponono88

I LOVE the new version, don't get all the hate on it.

And yes, that's what I'm thinking, too. The original portion of the song might be for the "hook" with the lasers. :D

I don't get it either. I think maybe people thought we would hear that exact same demo version of the song in the show. But as we're hearing now (the little I caught in the video) it sounds like they reworked the song, polished it up, and added the orchestra. It sounds great. Love that last note right as the lights fade :)

nemofinder22

Photos by Mintcrocodile-
http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2010/03/today-felt-like-repeat.html

The circles in the planters are interesting, also more speakers added to Paradise Park.
http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/802624311_eAgcb-X3.jpg
802624311_eAgcb-S.jpg

The play fountain testing.
http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/802628448_UXXbT-X3.jpg
802628448_UXXbT-S.jpg

sponono88

Photos by Mintcrocodile-
http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2010/03/today-felt-like-repeat.html

The circles in the planters are interesting, also more speakers added to Paradise Park.
http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/802624311_eAgcb-X3.jpg
802624311_eAgcb-S.jpg

Yeah, we're trying to figure out what these are at MiceChat! There's a lot of them, like 3-4 in each section of the planters. Some have guessed they may be the bases for more lampposts though that doesn't seem very likely to me. Not only would that create a visual obstruction, but there are already enough lights in the area as it is. I'm hoping these will be the rumored hidden fountains in the planters :)

EPCOT Explorer

I don't get it either. I think maybe people thought we would hear that exact same demo version of the song in the show. But as we're hearing now (the little I caught in the video) it sounds like they reworked the song, polished it up, and added the orchestra. It sounds great. Love that last note right as the lights fade :)
The strobes on the high note really got me. I wonder what it looks like at eye level. :D

sponono88

The strobes are a nice effect, they looked great in the Pocahontas scene :)

*may contain spoilers!* and an update on my post last night, it looks like we now have confirmation that there are indeed fountains in the planters! JonasClark was able to give a rundown on what these fountains are and how they work.. And has was also able to confirm that that globe lights in the viewing area do have LEDs and will be able to change colors.

For those who are curious, here is his full post:

Originally Posted by JonasClark

Nonob88, thanks for the photo - that gave Simba and I all the info we needed, I think. Simba is correct: a laminar nozzle has a large chamber at its base which contains the devices that steady the flow to aid in producing the effect.

What we have here are, yes, fountains! Simba's notes are, as usual regarding this stuff, correct - look close, especially at the one behind the arbor - you'll need the high-res copy to see it: each unit has a lower LED ring, a Lumen360 type, surrounding a brass nozzle. These are straight, vertical smooth-bore nozzles. On top is a bronze grille plate, with a central hole and a radiating-spoke outer zone. The black ring in the planter makes sense now; these will definitely produce more or less overspray, and that barrier will keep the soil from eroding too quickly from this overspray. Look at the Fountain-In-A-Can page to see an example of the basic effect of a smooth-bore nozzle. The units in the planters have components slightly similar to Fountain-In-A-Can, but they're larger units.

So...yes. First, confirmation on LEDs in the globes... Second, there are now fountains throughout the viewing area. Not only will colored light flow out into the area, but jets of brightly-illuminated water will rise out of the planters!

...did I already stress how incredible I know this is going to be? Those countless people who have not been following the construction and have no idea what's coming are going to be absolutely floored by this show. Every last bit of it is going to be jaw-dropping, mind-blowing Disney-style magic, and I think this'll be the boost for DCA, with improvements for everything else flowing out from this epicenter.

Only downside to this post: I can't tell which Fountain-In-A-Can nozzles are in use in the play fountain. I don't know the product intimately; I don't know how many of which effects can fit together into a single pod. They've already been IDed as having fan and vertical jet effects, and any or all may have mist, but the rest could be any number of combined effects. Time will tell.

nemofinder22

Thanks for posting that Sponono! So fountains in the Paradise Park's planters:sohappy:

posted on MiceChat
Originally Posted by insider67
OMG....I just got to watch the first 7 to 8 minutes onWoC with the soundtrack going.....totally incredible. Don't bother asking what I ssw as it would be totally wrong to let the details out. I can say that people will be in total awe in what they see. Tom Skaggs and other big wigs were in paradise park for a progress show and in my opinion were totally impressed with what they saw. This is going to be the cant miss show of the year no doubt

^I'm very jealous I can't wait to see this myself!

Good to know he and others are in the park checking out the progress.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom