Vid.

On.

The.

Blog.

THE TESTING SCENES.:sohappy::sohappy:

I'm in awe, seriously. :lol:

woclights.jpg

woclights3.jpg

Wow, the rainbow grid fountains are insane! All new animation by Pixar = amazing! And once again it's good to hear that Lasseter is overseeing the project and offering his advice to the team.

I was at the park today, nothing much to report.. the area was buzzing with activity, lots of workers on the platform and viewing area. Only thing I noticed is that one the trellises has now been painted green.

sponono88

So according to this article Knotts is trying to compete with WoC..? Kind of silly to compare the shows I think, but here's the article anyway -

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/knotts-disneyland-6547/

Night light fight: Knott’s Berry Farm vs. Disney’s California Adventure

This summer, Southern California’s theme-park titans will wage a nightly megawatt battle of the lights — all in hopes of winning your hearts and wallets.

On May 29, Knott’s Berry Farm will unveil “Snoopy’s Starlight Spectacular” in an effort to fend off this summer’s most-anticipated theme park attraction: the “World of Color” water show coming to Disney’s California Adventure.

The Peanuts-themed lighted walkway will take over Knott’s Camp Snoopy area during the summer and fall, with all the trees and buildings trimmed with animated LED lights synchronized to music. Inflatable Peanuts characters will dot the lighted trail, which will operate every night that the Buena Park theme park is open after 8 p.m.

Even though I love Knotts I think they're going to have to try a bit harder if they want to compete with DCA's new show.

TP2000

So according to this article Knotts is trying to compete with WoC..? Kind of silly to compare the shows I think, but here's the article anyway -

Oh my gosh, that just cracks me up! :ROFLOL:

Let's hope that the Knott's folks don't actually think this is a legit alternative to World of Color. Let's hope that Knott's was just trying to plus up the nighttime vibe in that rather dark and woodsy area of the park, and the LA Times tried to slap that competition angle on the story.

sponono88

Thanks for posting that Sponono! So fountains in the Paradise Park's planters:sohappy:

Yep, just another example of WoC taking nighttime shows to the next level. I think this may be the first time you have an interactive viewing area where the show actually happens all around you. The fact that they were able to rebuild the viewing area from the ground up allowed them to add all these fun hidden things in there :)

Oh my gosh, that just cracks me up! :ROFLOL:

Let's hope that the Knott's folks don't actually think this is a legit alternative to World of Color. Let's hope that Knott's was just trying to plus up the nighttime vibe in that rather dark and woodsy area of the park, and the LA Times tried to slap that competition angle on the story.

Hah yes, I'm thinking this is just a seasonal event by Knotts and the blog decided to turn this a competition between parks. As a fun little nighttime event it seems like a nice addition.. but I just don't see how this will rival WoC :lol:

sponono88

RecursiveMacro has a brand new video of World of Color testing - this is from Friday, March 5th:

[youtube]utwzfpimbzc[/youtube]

and in other news, the new flower beds in Paradise Park Plaza look really nice! :)

flowersParadisePark.jpg

photo by boy33

TP2000

and in other news, the new flower beds in Paradise Park Plaza look really nice! :)

flowersParadisePark.jpg

photo by boy33

You know, honestly, the Disneyland Horticulture team just does THE BEST job with this stuff! Disneyland/DCA landscaping consistently outdoes what I've seen at Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea, and any of the four parks at WDW. Not that those other parks don't have some nicely done landscaping, but there's just something so perfect and so lush about what they do with the beds and displays in Anaheim. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter; each season brings just amazing displays of color and theme and detail in landscaping.

Maybe its the near-perfect climate in SoCal that helps set them above the other properties around the world, but clearly the Horticulture team in Anaheim is full of some very talented people working with a very healthy budget. It always looks just fantastic!

sponono88

You know, honestly, the Disneyland Horticulture team just does THE BEST job with this stuff! Disneyland/DCA landscaping consistently outdoes what I've seen at Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea, and any of the four parks at WDW. Not that those other parks don't have some nicely done landscaping, but there's just something so perfect and so lush about what they do with the beds and displays in Anaheim. Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter; each season brings just amazing displays of color and theme and detail in landscaping.

Maybe its the near-perfect climate in SoCal that helps set them above the other properties around the world, but clearly the Horticulture team in Anaheim is full of some very talented people working with a very healthy budget. It always looks just fantastic!

I agree, they always do a great job with landscaping! Have you seen the flower beds they've just added to the hub in Main St? That whole area is full of pink and white tulips - looks amazing :) Also read that they added yellow tulips to the Casey Jr area, but I haven't seen those in person yet.

50a54.jpg
ou0bq0.jpg

photos by DizneyPhotoGuy

---

They were testing during park hours tonight. V-Fans, random fountains, front mist screen, and all the lights around the lagoon. Everything looked good.

The PoM lighthouse tower was finally on again - but most of the lights weren't working. Can't wait till they fix this!

sponono88

I wish they could grow Tulips in WDW. They are really very pretty.

aren't they? nothing says 'spring time is almost here' like a whole bunch of tulips :D guests really seemed to love them.

--

Macro has a Tech Stuff update today

A closer look at the hidden fountains

805293302_UZuRS-L.jpg

805220164_GjTTd-L.jpg

thought this was funny - the tech people decided they'd take some pictures as well!

805245086_r3kw8-L.jpg

Dateline Disneyland also has an update

progress in the viewing area, here you can see where all the hidden fountains are going

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2189.jpg

the stage is coming together

IMG_2162.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

aren't they? nothing says 'spring time is almost here' like a whole bunch of tulips :D guests really seemed to love them.

--

Macro has a Tech Stuff update today

A closer look at the hidden fountains

805293302_UZuRS-L.jpg

805220164_GjTTd-L.jpg

thought this was funny - the tech people decided they'd take some pictures as well!

805245086_r3kw8-L.jpg

Dateline Disneyland also has an update

progress in the viewing area, here you can see where all the hidden fountains are going

IMG_2074.jpg

IMG_2189.jpg

the stage is coming together

IMG_2162.jpg

That wide show really shows how many fountains the area will have. Awesome :D

TP2000

IMG_2074.jpg

Not so hidden now, are they? :lol:

Gotta love the Internet! For the average visitor though, when those fountains turn on from under the landscaping in those planters, it's really going to surprise people. That's one of those little details that only Disney on top of their game is able to do.

sponono88

Not so hidden now, are they? :lol:

Gotta love the Internet! For the average visitor though, when those fountains turn on from under the landscaping in those planters, it's really going to surprise people. That's one of those little details that only Disney on top of their game is able to do.

It should look amazing! Add to that the LEDs in the globe lamps that will sweep all kinds of colors in the viewing area.

I wonder what else they're hiding in the planters. There was a warning sign up on a lamppost a while back - had a warning of laser radiation.. makes you wonder if they will hide some of the lasers there as well. :shrug:

nemofinder22

Very, very, very pretty horticulture. Something that Disney never really fails on. :lol:

Well unless its the new planter out by MK's Space:lookaroun;):p or the awful YOAMD 1.0 Mickey floral which wasn't horticulture fault as the design was from else where...

I think it's a small world also had yellow tulips a few weeks again, they look so pretty around the park.

Dateline Disney has a few shots of the Hub and its flowers at the beginning of the update-
http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/da...onstruction-paradise-cars-land-much-more.html

I love the color of the new wood planks in Paradise Park, now if they would only restain the ones along the rest of the pier....

TP2000

I wonder what else they're hiding in the planters.

Last year Al Lutz mentioned that the World of Color show would "sweep" up off the lagoon and into the viewing area. At the time I didn't quite understand that, but now it's making more sense.

I'm fairly certain this is the first time fountains and lighting have been used in the viewing area itself for a Disney show, directly adjacent to where the audience is standing. They've really thought of everything for this one!

EPCOT Explorer

Well unless its the new planter out by MK's Space:lookaroun;):p or the awful YOAMD 1.0 Mickey floral which wasn't horticulture fault as the design was from else where...

I think it's a small world also had yellow tulips a few weeks again, they look so pretty around the park.

Dateline Disney has a few shots of the Hub and its flowers at the beginning of the update-
http://micechat.com/forums/blogs/da...onstruction-paradise-cars-land-much-more.html

I love the color of the new wood planks in Paradise Park, now if they would only restain the ones along the rest of the pier....
NOTHING WAS WRONG WITH THE SM TREE!:fork::ROFLOL:

And what happened with the YOAMD Mickey? I don't remember that.

And the Hub looks lovely. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom