World of Color?

sponono88

How odd, they ran it for like 3 seconds and then turned it right back off....perhaps they realized the park was still open...:lol:...o and it looks like one of the neons on Mickey's fun wheel is burnt out!

Yeah, the LEDs are a bit buggy right now (apparently due to the rain). The good news is they are currently in the process of fixing the lights.

--

Westcoaster's recent update has great pictures of the testing that went on the other night.

030110-dca066-sm.jpg

030110-dca072-sm.jpg

030110-dca076-sm.jpg

Also, MousePlanet is reporting that the show will open June 1st, however this date hasn't been confirmed yet.

EPCOT Explorer

Yeah, the LEDs are a bit buggy right now (apparently due to the rain). The good news is they are currently in the process of fixing the lights.

--

Westcoaster's recent update has great pictures of the testing that went on the other night.

030110-dca066-sm.jpg

030110-dca072-sm.jpg

030110-dca076-sm.jpg

Also, MousePlanet is reporting that the show will open June 1st, however this date hasn't been confirmed yet.
Those grids are great. :lol:

....June 1st isn't bad either. Is DL getting a Nightastic this year?

sponono88

Those grids are great. :lol:

....June 1st isn't bad either. Is DL getting a Nightastic this year?

good question, i'm not exactly sure. With WDW getting Nightastic I wonder if they will bring back the promo here at DL :shrug:

It was rumored to be an annual summer event - so it may end up happening again. Magical is supposed to be coming back for the summer, Fantasmic comes back early June as well. It would make sense to bring it back :)

EPCOT Explorer

good question, i'm not exactly sure. With WDW getting Nightastic I wonder if they will bring back the promo here at DL :shrug:

It was rumored to be an annual summer event - so it may end up happening again. Magical is supposed to be coming back for the summer, Fantasmic comes back early June as well. It would make sense to bring it back :)

It most certainly does. :lol: Maybe with a different name to differentiate?

Or...maybe with the same name so they can use the same commercials.:brick:

sponono88

It most certainly does. :lol: Maybe with a different name to differentiate?

Or...maybe with the same name so they can use the same commercials.:brick:

Hm, not sure what other name they can use.. This was DLs promo, let DL keep the name at least! :lol: Which makes me wonder if WDW will use the same logo that DL used?

disneylandSummerNightastic.jpg

Maybe DL should switch to a logo that matches the font used for WoC, to help tie the show into the promo. I think that would look nice.

worldofcolortitle.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

Hm, not sure what other name they can use.. This was DLs promo, let DL keep the name at least! :lol: Which makes me wonder if WDW will use the same logo that DL used?

Maybe DL should switch to a logo that matches the font used for WoC, to help tie the show into the promo. I think that would look nice.

worldofcolortitle.jpg

They could use the whole "color" gimick for Fant! too, with the new fountains and screens and all.

Kinda shocked they are not using the 55th more.:shrug:

sponono88

They could use the whole "color" gimick for Fant! too, with the new fountains and screens and all.

Kinda shocked they are not using the 55th more.:shrug:

Yeah, the 55th seems to be taking a backseat to all the stuff going into DCA. A little disappointing, it kinda seems they want WoC to have the spotlight this year :shrug:

And yes, they could easily tie Color and Tink into the summer promotion. In fact, if I remember correctly, Summer Nightastic was originally going to be themed to Tinkerbell. Tink's Summer Nights. They could easily revert to that if they needed to, to help differentiate from WDWs nightastic.

EPCOT Explorer

Yeah, the 55th seems to be taking a backseat to all the stuff going into DCA. A little disappointing, it kinda seems they want WoC to have the spotlight this year :shrug:

And yes, they could easily tie Color and Tink into the summer promotion. In fact, if I remember correctly, Summer Nightastic was originally going to be themed to Tinkerbell. Tink's Summer Nights. They could easily revert to that if they needed to, to help differentiate from WDWs nightastic.

Good point, Maybe they will use that to differentiate, as you said, and maybe turn the spotlight on DL55.

sponono88

FutureImagineer183 reported on MiceChat that she saw them testing the fountain play-area in Paradise Park. She said they had straight shooters, fan-shaped fountains, and they all produce mist. Great to hear they're now testing these fountains too :D

Why can't I place where that music is from?:lookaroun It's bugging me...:dazzle:

Cinderellabration? I think..

EPCOT Explorer

FutureImagineer183 reported on MiceChat that she saw them testing the fountain play-area in Paradise Park. She said they had straight shooters, fan-shaped fountains, and they all produce mist. Great to hear they're now testing these fountains too :D

Cinderellabration? I think..

Ew. :lol: Maybe. I don't want to have to look it up and subject myself to that.:lookaroun

sponono88

^Yep, MSEP Dreamlights :)

The viewing area is looking great. Looks like holticulture can come in any time and start working on all the planters, and with the trees now starting to bloom I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.

801488502_G4ZBF-M.jpg

801490485_EmtUc-M.jpg

801485250_bFZVB-M.jpg

All photos by MouseTimes.com

EPCOT Explorer

^Yep, MSEP Dreamlights :)

The viewing area is looking great. Looks like holticulture can come in any time and start working on all the planters, and with the trees now starting to bloom I can't wait to see what the finished product looks like.

801488502_G4ZBF-M.jpg

801490485_EmtUc-M.jpg

801488502_G4ZBF-M.jpg

801485250_bFZVB-M.jpg

All photos by MouseTimes.com
That last pic really shows how close TLM will be to the WOC area...Will the building be getting any lights on it for viewers on the opposite shore?

sponono88

That last pic really shows how close TLM will be to the WOC area...Will the building be getting any lights on it for viewers on the opposite shore?

They will be pretty close, but remember that they still have to fit a parade through there - the construction walls make it seem closer than it is. They have been extending the walls periodically to make more room for construction. The TLM building should start right around where the rotunda is.

and yes, the building should be well lit according to the concept art. :)

sponono88

posted on MiceChat
Originally Posted by insider67
OMG....I just got to watch the first 7 to 8 minutes onWoC with the soundtrack going.....totally incredible. Don't bother asking what I ssw as it would be totally wrong to let the details out. I can say that people will be in total awe in what they see. Tom Skaggs and other big wigs were in paradise park for a progress show and in my opinion were totally impressed with what they saw. This is going to be the cant miss show of the year no doubt.

^I'm very jealous :eek: I can't wait to see this myself!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom