World of Color?

sponono88

Paradise Park viewing area construction update from Dateline Disneyland

stonework has been added here, similar in color and design to what the PoM tower received.

IMG_5592-1.jpg

IMG_5614.jpg

work on the new trellises

IMG_5594-1.jpg

wooden boardwalk construction

IMG_5539.jpg

IMG_5558.jpg

another look at the new speakers

IMG_5590-1.jpg

IMG_5531.jpg

still a lot of work going on out there. a Feb. 20th opening date doesn't seem likely now.. i'm guessing this could be completed by mid-march.

Hobnail Boot

I understand that there was a lot of work to do, but wow, it seems like Paradise Park is taking FOREVER. Didn't it start at the same time that WoC construction started?

sponono88

yeah, Paradise Park sure is taking a long time.. but keep in mind that it is quite a big area and they had to tear down what was there, rebuild, and expand it. it's been an extensive project.. but they were way off with the dec. 20th 2009 opening date last year. It also looks like Paradise Garden will be delayed as well.

Macro has a Tech Stuff update on MiceChat, see his full post here.

the orange thing is one of the mist screens, located at the center of the middle platform:

788001596_uvED9-L.jpg

One of the water butterflies:

788452008_Nx2gf-L.jpg

it has quite the setup, including these wheels to make the wings flap

789308721_FZGdM-L.jpg

789293848_rqr8g-L.jpg

the two little orange jets will create the antennae

789353837_vzz3X-L.jpg

concept art of the butterflies during Pocahontas segment of the show

789197928_MrWy7-L.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

yeah, Paradise Park sure is taking a long time.. but keep in mind that it is quite a big area and they had to tear down what was there, rebuild, and expand it. it's been an extensive project.. but they were way off with the dec. 20th 2009 opening date last year. It also looks like Paradise Garden will be delayed as well.

Macro has a Tech Stuff update on MiceChat, see his full post here.

the orange thing is one of the mist screens, located at the center of the middle platform:

788001596_uvED9-L.jpg

One of the water butterflies:

788452008_Nx2gf-L.jpg

it has quite the setup, including these wheels to make the wings flap

789308721_FZGdM-L.jpg

the two little orange jets will create the antennae

789353837_vzz3X-L.jpg

concept art of the butterflies during Pocahontas segment of the show

789197928_MrWy7-L.jpg

Sheesh. I just thought it would be a regular fountain. Not for WoC! :D

sponono88

Yikes! That's tall! Glad to see the lights on the Fun Wheel working.

yep, it's nice to see the lights back on. according to insider67, the LEDs are still being worked on so the lights are being kept on that particular rainbow pattern for the time being. Different parts are being swapped out for repair so the lights are still not working like they are supposed to. But at least they are getting fixed!

Mousepad has a blog entry today, it has additional pictures of last night's WoC testing. The pictures were taken right after the park had closed. The testing went on all through the night, they are really getting busy with all the testing!

link: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?b=635

I found this particular picture interesting. These are the V-Fan nozzles that will create the huge projection surface. But, they are also able to move, spin, rotate, and fly (the moving walls of water). Here you can see them in action

more tall fountains!

http://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/96994-1/WOCTest13-021510-AVP.jpg

and here you can see how bright the projection is. the projector here is one of the three sets that live under the water

http://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/96986-1/WOCTest11-021510-AVP.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

yep, it's nice to see the lights back on. according to insider67, the LEDs are still being worked on so the lights are being kept on that particular rainbow pattern for the time being. Different parts are being swapped out for repair so the lights are still not working like they are supposed to. But at least they are getting fixed!

Mousepad has a blog entry today, it has additional pictures of last night's WoC testing. The pictures were taken right after the park had closed. The testing went on all through the night, they are really getting busy with all the testing!

link: http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/blog.php?b=635

I found this particular picture interesting. These are the V-Fan nozzles that will create the huge projection surface. But, they are also able to move, spin, rotate, and fly (the moving walls of water). Here you can see them in action

more tall fountains!

http://www.mouseplanet.info/gallery/d/96994-1/WOCTest13-021510-AVP.jpg

and here you can see how bright the projection is. the projector here is one of the three sets that live under the water

Very bright. This could be seen from all around the park, if it were not for obstructions.

sponono88

IMG_5534-1.jpg

MiceChat poster JonasClark has posted some info on the fountain play-area in Paradise Park which I thought was interesting. The fountains are very similar to the Fountain In A Can design by The Fountain People, a company that is already involved with the WoC project. These fountains can reportedly include different nozzles as well as LED lighting. I can definitely see this becoming part of the show at night!

FIAC_main.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

IMG_5534-1.jpg

MiceChat poster JonasClark has posted some info on the fountain play-area in Paradise Park which I thought was interesting. The fountains are very similar to the Fountain In A Can design by The Fountain People, a company that is already involved with the WoC project. These fountains can reportedly include different nozzles as well as LED lighting. I can definitely see this becoming part of the show at night!

FIAC_main.jpg
That, with the lighting, and "other" effects ( ;) ) is going to make is one immersive show.

It just needs some pyro. I really hope the ending has some....it would be perfect

Jasonflz

789197928_MrWy7-L.jpg

:eek: Beautiful. Would this type of technology work in Animal Kingdom? Perhaps a night-time show that would be convenient for animals?

sponono88

That, with the lighting, and "other" effects ( ;) ) is going to make is one immersive show.

It just needs some pyro. I really hope the ending has some....it would be perfect

pyro would be great, but I don't know if it needs it. With the kind of fountains and lights we have been seeing, I don't think anybody will miss the pyro :D I'm just glad they're taking a different approach and reinventing what a nighttime show is - without relying on pyro for the big wow effects.

:eek: Beautiful. Would this type of technology work in Animal Kingdom? Perhaps a night-time show that would be convenient for animals?

this has been brought up before in other threads. although it is possible, there would have to be major modifications to accomodate a viewing area and all the other equipment. also, i've read here that because the lake holds natural wildlife it might not be able to support the infrastructure this show requires.

Jasonflz

this has been brought up before in other threads. although it is possible, there would have to be major modifications to accomodate a viewing area and all the other equipment. also, i've read here that because the lake holds natural wildlife it might not be able to support the infrastructure this show requires.

:) Interesting. If there are any living plants and fish in the lake it would be safer not to do it, but WDI imagineering have worked around tougher situations.

EPCOT Explorer

pyro would be great, but I don't know if it needs it. With the kind of fountains and lights we have been seeing, I don't think anybody will miss the pyro :D I'm just glad they're taking a different approach and reinventing what a nighttime show is - without relying on pyro for the big wow effects.

I agree in full, but there is that extra spark (Hah! Punny!) that having pryo adds to a show, especially the finale. It's show stopping, and though WoC is going to be fine without it for the bulk of the show, if they really want to send it over the edge, this will do it. Almost like in Fant. :D

sponono88

I agree in full, but there is that extra spark (Hah! Punny!) that having pryo adds to a show, especially the finale. It's show stopping, and though WoC is going to be fine without it for the bulk of the show, if they really want to send it over the edge, this will do it. Almost like in Fant. :D

True. I'm not against pyro, I just feel that WoC will be able to wow guests without it. And if they have to, they can always just make liquid fireworks using the fountains ;) not as loud as real pyro, but it will still do the job!

We already know what Steve Davison can do with fireworks (*ahem* RDCT). Now let's see what he can create using water, and all the other special effects in the show :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom