World of Color?

TP2000

They should totally come on for WoC. Would be wasteful not to. ;)

The machines are really aimed out at the parade route, and would be shooting out the wrong direction on the very backside of the WoC viewing area.

And if you think about it, the bubbles are a nifty gag for the afternoon Pixar Play Parade. In the evening for WoC, the bubble gag would have already been experienced by DCA visitors who saw the parade, and it would be like "oh, yeah, more bubbles, like the parade, ho hum".

WoC is going to have enough WOW! factor with all of the new technology exclusive to that show. Let the bubbles be a parade exclusive. :lol:

sponono88

WoC Testing 2/17/10

A single fountain

img0937l.jpg

...a few more..

img0932u.jpg

and a whole lot more!
img0939g.jpg

img0944vn.jpg

A peek inside the trailer parked in the viewing area

img1031zo.jpg

All pictures posted originally by MiceChat poster k_peek_2000

EpcotServo

Where is the permanent control both going to be?

It's under the bridge to Paradise Pier by Avalon Cove. It's a big deco kind of tan room built under the walkway with a large glass window and a mat that rolls over it when it's not in use that's painted to match the building so it doesn't stand out during the day.

sponono88

Awesome shots. So pretty.

Where is the permanent control both going to be?

A permanent control booth was built under the bridge that leads to the entrance of Paradise Pier.

580448457_PLkPg-L-1.jpg

A closer look, before the lagoon was refilled.

awoc.jpg

It's pretty well hidden and they did a great job of camouflaging it so that it matches the look of the bridge.

EPCOT Explorer

It's under the bridge to Paradise Pier by Avalon Cove. It's a big deco kind of tan room built under the walkway with a large glass window and a mat that rolls over it when it's not in use that's painted to match the building so it doesn't stand out during the day.

A permanent control booth was built under the bridge that leads to the entrance of Paradise Pier.

580448457_PLkPg-L-1.jpg

awoc.jpg

It's pretty well hidden and they did a great job of camouflaging it so that it matches the look of the bridge.
Great stuff! :D Thanks.

sponono88

A few pictures I found today, I figured i'd add them to the thread. They were taken last month so they're not exactly new. From MasteryOfMaps Flickr Photostream:

The spotlights inside the globes. I call them spotlights because i'm not sure what the exact technical name is :lookaroun

4326715121_04b871bc1c.jpg

Some of the domes rising up

4327447510_eecd0809af.jpg

The sky looked so pretty after the storms left!

4324328848_170850f08b.jpg

TP2000

580448457_PLkPg-L-1.jpg

awoc.jpg

I've said it before, but that kind of retroactive themeing work is so impressive to me. They really are spending cash on this entire show, and building it to last 25 years. That's a huge sea change from the types of construction and detail work DCA opened with in '01, and saw during additions from '02 to '04. Midway Mania facilities marked the dramatic change in thinking for DCA, but the detail work and thought behind the WoC facilities are just as impressive.

This is a huge, monumental change in thinking for DCA specifically and Disney Parks in general. The Paul Pressler - Cynthia Harriss Era Of Lowered Expectations is truly dead and gone now. :sohappy:

sponono88

I've said it before, but that kind of retroactive themeing work is so impressive to me. They really are spending cash on this entire show, and building it to last 25 years. That's a huge sea change from the types of construction and detail work DCA opened with in '01, and saw during additions from '02 to '04. Midway Mania facilities marked the dramatic change in thinking for DCA, but the detail work and thought behind the WoC facilities are just as impressive.

This is a huge, monumental change in thinking for DCA specifically and Disney Parks in general. The Paul Pressler - Cynthia Harriss Era Of Lowered Expectations is truly dead and gone now. :sohappy:

The theming and detail that went into Midway Mania and accompanying buildings is amazing, it was great for the Pier as a whole. Same goes for the Midway Games. We are seeing the same thing in Paradise Park, I can only imagine how great the rest of the Pier will look (Paradise Garden, Silly Symphony Swings with the wrap-around boardwalk, TLM, etc).

Just today I was looking at the picture of the Subs with the new Monorail zooming above the lagoon. Sad to think that for so long the lagoon sat empty collecting trash.. Goes without saying, but glad the Pressler era is over.

sponono88

They have been testing every single night now well into the early hours of the morning, right as the sun is coming up. I was there last night and as soon as the clock hit 9pm (closing time) all the lights in the buildings along the pier went dark. They start the testing as soon as the park closes.. they're trying to meet a deadline here!

Some screenshots taken by Xedex at Micechat

DCAWOC22.jpg

DCAWOC36.jpg

DCAWOC45.jpg

DCAWOC48.jpg

you'll notice how the sky gets progressively brighter in the pictures =P

Nicole220

They have been testing every single night now well into the early hours of the morning, right as the sun is coming up. I was there last night and as soon as the clock hit 9pm (closing time) all the lights in the buildings along the pier went dark. They start the testing as soon as the park closes.. they're trying to meet a deadline here!

Some screenshots taken by Xedex at Micechat

DCAWOC22.jpg

DCAWOC36.jpg

DCAWOC45.jpg

DCAWOC48.jpg
Good to know. :D I'm in town this weekend. Will be at Napa Rose tonight. I'll have to stick around and try and see for myself!

sponono88

Good to know. :D I'm in town this weekend. Will be at Napa Rose tonight. I'll have to stick around and try and see for myself!

TSMM had a 45min wait at 8:45.. waiting for that allowed me to stay in the pier a little longer after the park closed ;) they try to get everyone out of the area asap, but you can usually hang around a bit longer.

Napa Rose? Awesome! Have fun and hope you're able to catch some testing :)

Katherine

Do we know when the first performance will be yet? I know it will take a long time for them to program the show perfectly but when they say summer is it May or June?

cdunbar

Do we know when the first performance will be yet? I know it will take a long time for them to program the show perfectly but when they say summer is it May or June?
Originally it was planned for Spring, April or May, but some are saying with the large amounts of rain which they have received it may be delayed but I don't think a formal annoucement was ever made saying "World of Color will have it's first show April 9th at 8pm." Nemofinder22 or spono88 can probably give you a better answer....:wave:

Katherine

Originally it was planned for Spring, April or May, but some are saying with the large amounts of rain which they have received it may be delayed but I don't think a formal annoucement was ever made saying "World of Color will have it's first show April 9th at 8pm." Nemofinder22 or spono88 can probably give you a better answer....:wave:

Okay thanks! I have a friend who lives out there and wants me to come visit so we can play in the parks but i wanted to make sure I didn't go out to early and miss out on seeing what I expect to be a phenomenal show.

sponono88

nope, you covered it pretty well :) Disney keeps saying Spring 2010.. but no date has been set yet. It could be late April, May, or even June depending on how the the programming/testing phase goes. At this point nobody knows for sure

DisneyDreamer08

I recently requested one of those Disneyland planning DVDs on their website. I got it in the mail a few days ago and it came with a park map with descriptions of all the rides/shows/etc. For both World of Color and Silly Symphony Swings it said opening May 2010. No exact date though.

EPCOT Explorer

I recently requested one of those Disneyland planning DVDs on their website. I got it in the mail a few days ago and it came with a park map with descriptions of all the rides/shows/etc. For both World of Color and Silly Symphony Swings it said opening May 2010. No exact date though.

Was it a DL Only DVD?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom