World of Color?

sponono88

lots of great updates this morning. the lights in Paradise Park look very pretty and really add a lot to the area, looks beautiful. the shadows seen in the globes are interesting.. I guess that confirms that different lighting is coming?

happy to see the trellises are now in place! I echo what other people said, i'm glad they went through and added these small details that were seen in the models. it's usually the small features like this that get cut first. you can see one of the trellises in this model, in the upper left hand corner:

IMG_1738.jpg

as for WoC, SwnyTdd posted these two videos recorded from the Paradise Pier Hotel.

[youtube]49RDbcjnf4M[/youtube]

:eek:

[youtube]BIJpMi9Uv-c[/youtube]

in these videos you can see the grid effect that is being used for the fountains in this show. this was an idea that Steve Davison came up with, he borrowed the concept from a pin toy!
1093%20large.jpg

nemofinder22

Wow. Really colorful. :lol:

And Paradise Park is very quaint. Love it. Almost MSUSAish.

Some mass amounts of color! lol the strobes are very cool.

ALMOST MSUSAish lol I think like the hub well DL's Hub since it has trees not giant shrubs;):lol:

I wish they would finish Paradise Park already, I want to see it completed! then well be one step closer to WOC.

sponono88

yeah, I can't wait to see Paradise Park completed. that's a big chunk of the area that is walled off! it'll also give a better view of the WoC construction.

From the same post nemo quoted above:

The area behind Paradise Park, in the Hall of Walls, you can see the new lampposts with the parade lights now added. I think it will hold speakers as well eventually

CIMG5345.jpg

VIP seating for WoC! :lol:

CIMG5349.jpg

work on the lights

CIMG5356.jpg

looks nice!

CIMG5353.jpg

EPCOT Explorer

Some mass amounts of color! lol the strobes are very cool.

ALMOST MSUSAish lol I think like the hub well DL's Hub since it has trees not giant shrubs;):lol:

I wish they would finish Paradise Park already, I want to see it completed! then well be one step closer to WOC.

Our giant shrubs are awesome...:lookaroun

nemofinder22

From Mintcrocodile's Magic Eye Blog
http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2010/02/construction-still-continues.html

Speakers now up, they look as if they may be dual sided, one for the parade route, and the other for World of Color
786382562_WxcRU-M.jpg

An over head look at the trellises.
786388994_gpzPD-S.jpg
786388751_kdKuP-S.jpg

A look at the old parade lighting and speakers, I wonder if the rest of the parade route will be getting new parade lighting as well? DL could use some new ones too:)
786391481_Hv5sy-M.jpg

And the new parade lights, the new speakers are on different poles.
786391838_HwkMR-M.jpg

sponono88

^ ooh, shiny new speakers!

786391621_qB8jn-L.jpg

I love the way they hid these lighting towers for the show

786383885_x79Em-L.jpg

not exactly WoC related, but the walls came down near san francisco street.. and we have a new tree!

786392260_4dYDy-L.jpg

they've spent so much time working on this fountain.. it's looking nice though!

786385256_WS3eU-L.jpg

nemofinder22

not exactly WoC related, but the walls came down near san francisco street.. and we have a new tree!

786392260_4dYDy-L.jpg

Hmm looking at the above picture of the overall of Paradise Park at night the trees are lit in blue, and the new tree near the SF building, are those LED lights lighting up the tree? 2 on the building side and 1 on the "gate" side. Maybe more of that sweeping through the viewing area? or am I looking to far into this.....:shrug:

See the larger here-
http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/786392260_4dYDy-X3.jpg

sponono88

Hmm looking at the above picture of the overall of Paradise Park at night the trees are lit in blue, and the new tree near the SF building, are those LED lights lighting up the tree? 2 on the building side and 1 on the "gate" side. Maybe more of that sweeping through the viewing area? or am I looking to far into this.....:shrug:

See the larger here-
http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/786392260_4dYDy-X3.jpg

yeah, i'm pretty sure those are LEDs. On my trip last weekend I noticed the palm trees by the Screamin launch are all lit up with LEDs on the ground. Not sure if they'll be part of the show, though that would be really cool :)

TP2000

I love the way they hid these lighting towers for the show

786383885_x79Em-L.jpg

As silly as it sounds, when I saw these new rock formations being formed around the new underwater effects towers many months ago, that's what told me that World of Color and all the new DCA stuff was going to be really top notch.

There's something so quintessentially Disney, so detail oriented, so lavish, about these faux rock formations built to look like the real rocks that line the Screamin' launch track nearby. They could have easily gone with cheap-o cement forms surrounding the towers, and that's exactly what they did with many similar structures in DCA 1.0 circa 2001. But now, with DCA 2.0 circa 2012, it's this type of detail and extra cost and extra care that is setting it all apart.

It's DisneySea-esque in its presentation and budget, and classic Walt-era Disneyland USA in its care and thoughtfulness. It's silly stuff like this that tells me DCA is on the right track, finally. :sohappy:

TP2000

What's the point of the trellises in the WoC seating area?

They are purely decorative.

The WoC viewing area will be formally known as Paradise Park, and it plays into the Victorian era architecture of the Little Mermaid aquarium building rising out of the ground across the way, opening Summer 2011.
IMG_0284.JPG

It's all meant to look like an elegant and well-tended city park during the day, and formal trellises with climbing roses and blooming flowers were very popular in Victorian era gardens and city parks.

But who knows, the way things are going those trellisses may be embedded with LED lighting to jazz up the finale' in the audience area during World of Color. :cool:

sponono88

What's the point of the trellises in the WoC seating area?

593185308_WFzfy-M-1.jpg

just part of the theming. one of those disney details to help enhance the look of the area. it's themed to be a public park from the early century... the more plants/vines/flowers the better!

edit- TP2000 did a better job of explaining that :)

Testtrack321

They are purely decorative.

The WoC viewing area will be formally known as Paradise Park, and it plays into the Victorian era architecture of the Little Mermaid aquarium building rising out of the ground across the way, opening Summer 2011.

It's all meant to look like an elegant and well-tended city park during the day, and formal trellises with climbing roses and blooming flowers were very popular in Victorian era gardens and city parks.

But who knows, the way things are going those trellisses may be embedded with LED lighting to jazz up the finale' in the audience area during World of Color. :cool:

Ah ha! Thanks! I thought it was weird they were putting up these things that could possibly block people's line of sight, but this makes a lot of sense (and I never heard of the Paradise Park thing till right now). REALLY AWESOME!

sponono88

Just as a friendly reminder, don't watch these videos if you want to avoid any spoilers.

Two more videos from SwnyTdd. I'm at loss for words. What we've seen so far just in the testing is truly stunning.

[youtube]sSZKc5YuLlg[/youtube]

[youtube]UxqYhfmishE[/youtube]

that appears to be Little Squirt in the second video!

*picks jaw up from floor* :eek:

EPCOT Explorer

Just as a friendly reminder, don't watch these videos if you want to avoid any spoilers.

Two more videos from SwnyTdd. I'm at loss for words. What we've seen so far just in the testing is truly stunning.

[youtube]sSZKc5YuLlg[/youtube]

[youtube]UxqYhfmishE[/youtube]

that appears to be Little Squirt in the second video!

*picks jaw up from floor* :eek:

:eek::sohappy::sohappy:

IT IS! :lol:

Is it possible to cheer for a colored fountain? :lol:

Laura

Premium Member
*refusing to watch videos*

I just don't understand how logistically this is going to work. There are SO MANY people waiting to see this show, and there just isn't that kind of room! Look at the size of World Showcase Lagoon...and on a regular old night the entire perimeter of it is surrounded several rows deep with people. The amount of space from where someone could watch WOC seems to be about 1/20th the amount of space IllumiNations has, but this show in its opening months is going to have 20 times the amount of people watching it. I read they might do a "showpass"...and I hope it's true. Otherwise it will be impossible to see this thing.

EpcotServo

I love this part of the process...When we get to see all the individual tools start to get slowly applied to creating art. You can watch all these videos, but will still never feel the power you'll feel when watching this show in person.

EPCOT Explorer

*refusing to watch videos*

I just don't understand how logistically this is going to work. There are SO MANY people waiting to see this show, and there just isn't that kind of room! Look at the size of World Showcase Lagoon...and on a regular old night the entire perimeter of it is surrounded several rows deep with people. The amount of space from where someone could watch WOC seems to be about 1/20th the amount of space IllumiNations has, but this show in its opening months is going to have 20 times the amount of people watching it. I read they might do a "showpass"...and I hope it's true. Otherwise it will be impossible to see this thing.
I hear the tickets will be used. You're right, it seems to be the only plausible way.

I love this part of the process...When we get to see all the individual tools start to get slowly applied to creating art. You can watch all these videos, but will still never feel the power you'll feel when watching this show in person.

Exactly. It's the best form of promotion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom