World of Color?

sponono88

videos posted by MiceChat poster, mycroft16

these are some of the lights testing early Friday morning. the video playing on the computer monitor is actually the MatterCam, a live webcam sitting atop one of the hotels. great for watching late-night testing of the show!

[youtube]RtMIhd1-5Hc[/youtube]

[youtube]XFe8jPPCI34[/youtube]

We're still about 2-3 months away from opening and already it looks spectacular. the actual show should be breathtaking

Edit -

something else to add. MainStreetJake (MiceChat) posted this audio snippet of WoC soundtrack testing in the park. This is the end of the spring sprite scene, leading into Pocahontas. Audio quality isn't the best.. but wow, it still sounds incredible! The london symphony did an amazing job

Click to download - http://www.mediafire.com/?rhz0z2wujwi

from boy33's twitter -
So last night as I drove by DCA at like 1am, WoC looked like a warzone. Seachlights, colors, sound. It's going to be EPIC.

TP2000

I live on a hill due east of Disneyland, with park icons and details seen perfectly through a telescope. I went out to the kitchen last night around 2:00 AM and caught a glimpse of weird looking lights in the skies over the Disneyland area. I assumed it was WoC testing, peered through the telescope, and sure enough saw what appeared to be dozens of light effects all strobing and pulsing at once.

It looked like a giant disco had fallen from heaven and crashed open around the Sun Wheel. :lol: The neighbors and I are all used to seeing the various fireworks and sky lighting for Fantasmic, Grad Nites, etc. But this World of Color stuff is completely different, and on a much larger scale. The colors are what surprised me the most, as the shades of light in the night sky were all different colors and hues.

They've clearly got some very cutting edge technology going on there. They are also apparently doing 24 hour round the clock testing and rehearsing at this time.

I'm fascinated to see this show in person from inside the park!

EPCOT Explorer

For. The. Love. Of. Walt. Disney.

:eek:

That's amazing.

:sohappy:

Downloading the music now....

....I might explode. :lol:

EDIT: No explosion for music, because of quality, and lack of anything new, but from what I can hear, the orchestration is great.

TP2000

videos posted by MiceChat poster, mycroft16

these are some of the lights testing early Friday morning. the video playing on the computer monitor is actually the MatterCam, a live webcam sitting atop one of the hotels. great for watching late-night testing of the show!

[youtube]RtMIhd1-5Hc[/youtube]

You know, WDI and Disneyland management have been saying that they wanted something to attract people into DCA at night, instead of everyone migrating back to Disneyland for fireworks, Fantasmic!, swing dancing, etc. They wanted a "weenie", as Walt used to say, to attract people to DCA.

From just this very grainy video, and from what I've seen a few times from my deck 6 miles away, this show is going to be the King Weenie of them all! :lol:

World of Color isn't going to just attract people from Disneyland, it's going to attract people from San Diego and Ventura!

sponono88

Two more testing videos!

[youtube]2hs19fQNZZs[/youtube]

the platform is so big the camera is only able to capture a portion of it, we need wider lenses! notice how the two outer mist screens are cut off halfway - the show stretches farther out.

in this video you can see the glitter strobes flashing, as well as projectors testing on the screens

[youtube]dB8iu4a51ec[/youtube]

nemofinder22

The "glitter strobes" look amazing! as soon as I saw them turn on they reminded me of the Luminaria finale when Paradise Pier lit up with all the "candles"

sponono88

^ right! I love the sparkling effect

work continues for WoC despite the rain

http://twitpic.com/11sijm/full

they've set up a tent to work on one of the projectors

http://twitpic.com/11skgq/full

and as the videos posted earlier showed, they've been testing the searchlights pretty much every night with all different colors painting the sky. they've also been testing lights along the viewing area that wash that whole area with color.

here's the link to the hojo mattercam, in case you want to take a live look at the DLR. you might catch some late-night testing of the show!

cdunbar

^ right! I love the sparkling effect

work continues for WoC despite the rain

http://twitpic.com/11sijm/full

they've set up a tent to work on one of the projectors

http://twitpic.com/11skgq/full

and as the videos posted earlier showed, they've been testing the searchlights pretty much every night with all different colors painting the sky. they've also been testing lights along the viewing area that wash that whole area with color.

here's the link to the hojo mattercam, in case you want to take a live look at the DLR. you might catch some late-night testing of the show!
The hojo cam is pretty awesome! Thanks for the link! :wave:

sponono88

Great stuff. :D What time is the glitter effect, though?

LOUD water, though. :lol: They'll need the Soundtrack to cover that.

the glitter strobes.. not entirely sure, but i'm guessing they'll be used during the Sailing Through the Stars segment and maybe Wall-E's scene as well. From my show overview post:

Sailing Through The Stars
- Dory calls the whales. The whales come splashing up, rising from the water and flying out towards the sky; they sail off into the stars.
- The projection domes appear again and transform into planets; LED lights take on a sparkle tone as the lagoon turns into a sea of stars.

the water is quite loud, but with all the sound equipment they've installed around Paradise Park i'm pretty sure that won't be a problem :)

EPCOT Explorer

the glitter strobes.. not entirely sure, but i'm guessing they'll be used during the Sailing Through the Stars segment and maybe Wall-E's scene as well. From my show overview post:

the water is quite loud, but with all the sound equipment they've installed around Paradise Park i'm pretty sure that won't be a problem :)

No, I meant time in the video! :lol:

sponono88

No, I meant time in the video! :lol:

:lol: yeah, as nemo said.. second video, about 30 seconds in. I'm pretty sure these are the same little LED strobe lights that were recently installed on each fountain. you can see the posts w/ little globes sticking out from each fountain

020110-dca027-lrg.jpg

sponono88

nothing major to report, but here's a look at the Chernabog tower with the lights testing. Photo by MiceChat poster yoyoflamingo. He said the lights rotated through several colors.. In addition to the lights, the tower features water and fire features so it should look quite impressive during showtime.

088a.jpg

TP2000

This is just a fascinating process to watch!

I think part of the fascination comes from the fact that we've never seen them put together such a massive show before. 1992 at Fantasmic!, pre-Internet obviously, it was behind walls and done at night. Late 90's WDW Fantasmic! was done inside the amphitheater where no one can see it. What about Epcot shows from the 90's and 00's? I would think those have all been put together inside a closed theme park where no one could see in.

Tokyo DisneySea seems to be an option with the few hundred Mira Costa Hotel rooms that face in towards the park. But I've never seen pics of BraviSeamo construction or anything. I'm sure they exist on Japanese boards, perhaps.

This World of Color stuff in this modern Internet age is totally unprecedented for American fans, and somehow it makes it even more exciting. Thank you again to spoono88, nemofinder, and all who post the pics and vids and info to keep us all updated in this nifty thread!

EPCOT Explorer

nothing major to report, but here's a look at the Chernabog tower with the lights testing. Photo by MiceChat poster yoyoflamingo. He said the lights rotated through several colors.. In addition to the lights, the tower features water and fire features so it should look quite impressive during showtime.

088a.jpg

:dazzle::sohappy:

Yet another amazing feature of this show. Love how he's going to be part projection, part static figure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom