World of Color?

sponono88

Not exactly World of Color but some more walls have popped up in Paradise Pier, they look very odd with out any themeing or decorations on them:ROFLOL:.

looks like they at least tried to theme the walls, pictures from today

http://twitpic.com/129u1j/full

http://twitpic.com/129tj9/full

apparently they are only replacing wood planks for the boardwalk - nothing major.

as for WoC, it's a slow news week. probably due to the rain :shrug: all we really know is they have been doing heavy testing and programming every single night.

I also fixed the link for the hojo mattercam

EPCOT Explorer

looks like they at least tried to theme the walls, pictures from today

http://twitpic.com/129u1j/full

http://twitpic.com/129tj9/full

apparently they are only replacing wood planks for the boardwalk - nothing major.

as for WoC, it's a slow news week. probably due to the rain :shrug: all we really know is they have been doing heavy testing and programming every single night.

I also fixed the link for the hojo mattercam

I just want to hear the opening music already!! :lol:

I wonder if it will be like the "classic" 1950's music, or a remix..:D

nemofinder22

Photos from Mousetimes, nothing really really new on the platform as far as I can see but Paradise Park has a few things

http://mousetimes.smugmug.com/DLR/2010/020910/11195066_oJS53#784915531_63H5f

Another parade light tower has gone up on the far western side-
784906053_GcgL7-M.jpg

Parade lights have returned to the light towers
784900455_dSqnV-M.jpg

Tile work on the play fountain continues as well as more tile work in the staircase areas.
784904530_nk6oZ-M.jpg

sponono88

lots of visible progress in Paradise Park, but I still don't see how this will be ready by Feb 20th? they still have to paint the fences, finish the boardwalk, add in all the plants/flowers, etc. Looks like that will be delayed..

and another picture to add, kinda hard to tell but the lights in the viewing area were on

784914392_yaxkz-M.jpg

sponono88

D23 Magazine has a great interview with Megan Brain, the paper sculptor and artist who worked on some of the animation for World of Color.

In the spring 2010 issue of Disney twenty-three, Editor in Chief Carmen Esquer traveled a few miles north to Glendale, California, to meet with Megan Brain, the daughter of retired Disney animator David Brain (The Jungle Book, The Black Cauldron). Megan, who studied 2D animation and illustration at the Academy of Art University in San Francisco and spent some years working in television, is a paper sculptor, a profession she describes as Zen-like. "I love the focus now," she says. "I can get into this great zone where it's very peaceful and almost meditative, where I can just focus on making something pretty."

More than 20 of Megan's sculptures, including Ariel, Sebastian, Alice, Cheshire Cat, and Chernabog, will be featured in World of Color, a spectacular 25-minute nighttime water show that will open this spring at Disney's California Adventure and will combine hundreds of fountains and a kaleidoscope of audio and visual effects. Her finished sculptures have been photographed, Photoshopped and animated on a computer and will be projected onto the water using stop-motion animation. Even though the actual sculptures are projected on a screen that's 380 feet long and 50 feet high, in person, at no more than 12 inches tall each, they are truly remarkable little pieces of art to behold.

rest of article can be found here:

http://d23.disney.go.com/crafts/012910_TT_MM_WorldofColorCutout.html Megan's blog with more info on the D23 article, click here.

Apparently the full article and pictures can be found in the latest D23 issue, can't wait to get my own copy :D A few pieces of the paper cutouts are on display at the Blue Sky Cellar, I've seen them in person and they are really terrific pieces of art! Here are a few pictures from MiceChat, photos by Fishbulb:

P1014424.jpg

P1014421.jpg

P1014420.jpg

P1014416.jpg

P1014423.jpg

P1014418.jpg

P1014419.jpg

This is another feature that will set the show apart from any other. Steven said WoC is like Fantasia in the way it explores different styles and techniques of animation. with the new animation being created for it, the show will truly be one of a kind.

sponono88

will we be seeing something similar in WoC? I hope so!

[youtube]uSmpGxIQcPk[/youtube]

The show is supposed to start with "the magical lasers" segment, and according to Steve Davison they will be using the coolest lasers on earth. At one point in the show, the lasers will create a wave effect to take us into the world of The Little Mermaid. Could this video be a hint of what's coming?

nemofinder22

^ Looking forward to the paper animation

lots of visible progress in Paradise Park, but I still don't see how this will be ready by Feb 20th? they still have to paint the fences, finish the boardwalk, add in all the plants/flowers, etc. Looks like that will be delayed..

and another picture to add, kinda hard to tell but the lights in the viewing area were on

I agree, I dont think the Feb 20 date is going to be happening anymore it needs to stop raining :( hopefully it will be competed before Electrical Parade comes back.

sponono88

another reminder to check out the mattercam for some late-night testing of the show. managed to snap these screenshots from tonight's testing:

wocfountains.png

wocfountains4.png

looks like the fountains go as high as the fun wheel, maybe higher. if you're ever seen the fun wheel up close you know just how high that is!

etwtec

The show is supposed to start with "the magical lasers" segment, and according to Steve Davison they will be using the coolest lasers on earth. At one point in the show, the lasers will create a wave effect to take us into the world of The Little Mermaid. Could this video be a hint of what's coming?

WOW that would be SWEET if WOC got lasers like that! With what we have already seen I would not be surprised.

EPCOT Explorer

D23 Magazine has a great interview with Megan Brain, the paper sculptor and artist who worked on some of the animation for World of Color.

rest of article can be found here:

http://d23.disney.go.com/crafts/012910_TT_MM_WorldofColorCutout.html Megan's blog with more info on the D23 article, click here.

Apparently the full article and pictures can be found in the latest D23 issue, can't wait to get my own copy :D A few pieces of the paper cutouts are on display at the Blue Sky Cellar, I've seen them in person and they are really terrific pieces of art! Here are a few pictures from MiceChat, photos by Fishbulb:

P1014424.jpg

P1014421.jpg

P1014420.jpg

P1014416.jpg

P1014423.jpg

P1014418.jpg

P1014419.jpg

This is another feature that will set the show apart from any other. Steven said WoC is like Fantasia in the way it explores different styles and techniques of animation. with the new animation being created for it, the show will truly be one of a kind
LOVE the art, and the very fact that WoC is being compared to Fantasia really tells you how much artistry is going into this show. Amazing.

Need this. In EPCOT.

It's obvious WoC will have this. :lol:

sponono88

a recording of the mattercam from last night, originally posted on MiceChat. obviously the mattercam won't do it justice, but it's still cool to catch a glimpse of the stuff going on after hours

[youtube]34tJ9rYcZqI[/youtube]

EpcotServo

a recording of the mattercam from last night, originally posted on MiceChat. obviously the mattercam won't do it justice, but it's still cool to catch a glimpse of the stuff going on after hours

What's really amazing to me is how visible and exciting the show will look from afar without the use of fireworks! Never thought it would look just as huge and colorful as a Fireworks show from off-property, but I would totally be able to watch it from my favorite hotel across Harbor Blvd. as their Mattercam shows.

nemofinder22

[youtube]34tJ9rYcZqI[/youtube]

What I find really impressive is the really tall fountains are still keeping their full color even when viewed on a fuzzy webcam from Hojo.

Also insider67 is saying the bright white lights on Screamin' last night were for a pressure washing. Good to hear Screamin' getting some cleaning, now we still need that hopeful new queue building.

nemofinder22

I dont know how true this is, but if it is it might be a spoiler.

It has to do with Paradise Parks globe lamps, as someone saw them turned on but were not fully lit in as there was an item blocking the full light, perhaps this is another part of the show sweeping into the viewing area. but with the globe lights

EPCOT Explorer

I dont know how true this is, but if it is it might be a spoiler.

It has to do with Paradise Parks globe lamps, as someone saw them turned on but were not fully lit in as there was an item blocking the full light, perhaps this is another part of the show sweeping into the viewing area. but with the globe lights

That would be fantastic. Really bring the show to you. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom