World of Color Making It's Way to Animal Kingdom?

djlaosc

Nothing would make Disney look more professional than for them to clone Sea World's new flagship attraction...

It wouldn't be the same attraction and wouldn't be around the same time period being built.
The Living Seas has Dolphins, SeaWorld has Dolphins, The Living Seas has Manatees, SeaWorld has Manatees, so what difference would Animal Kingdom has Penguins, SeaWorld has penguins make? That would be the same as saying Busch Gardens has Kangaroos, therefore we can't have Australasia.

articos

I loved CO and didn't enjoy UA, and now am sorta stuck as an elite flyer with the new UAL (which is a very screwed up airline). I do also travel on Delta a fair amount and find they have improved greatly since the NWA merger. But with Delta I am almost always in the back and I like to ride upfront.
UAL...my condolences. DL's gotten a lot better, but the new rules they're constantly enacting lately (including this week with same day changes) are making it harder and harder to like them, too.

If a nighttime anything is to happen at DAK, it makes a lot of sense for it to happen with Avatar.

FabulousFigment

AK was never my favorite park, but next to MK, it was DD's favorite. We got there half hour after opening and were still walking around after it closed. We didnt even get to do everything!! Kali was still under refurb, didn't do Nemo or ITTBAB because DS was crankin' it out, and the only thing in Dinoland we did was DH and I took turns on Dinosaur. DD was immersed in the animals, walking trails and interactions with the animals. We go to the zoo a few times each year and have a really sweet ranch with animals where we live and nothing captured her interest like AK. I think WOC would be sweet and really pull the park together a bit. But, it brings us back to the time-old it is a full day park vs. half day park, is it a glorified zoo vs. much more.

twebber55

a full land or mini land of avatar plus some type of nighttime show would go a long way in getting me to stay the entire day there

to me DAK and DHS have the most potential for expansion

doctornick

But elements should be shouldn't they Martin, like taking some of the tech and integrating it into its current shows?

As I said earlier in this thread, I think a WoC style show -- with different scenes/theme, obviously based on animals and nature -- would be a great fit for a nighttime show at DAK and help to make it a full day park and allow for later hours. Seems the biggest issue is that they would need to purpose build a water area to host such a show, but I think there could be enough space for that to happen.

Quick thought -- perhaps not possible, but perhaps they could build a water area and theater and use it during the day for something like a dolphin show.

koryadams

I can only see WOC at Hollywood Studios or Disney Springs in it's current show. But, if it were to go to Animal Kingdom, it would have to change completely to an animal kingdom style show, which I can't really see...mainly because the theme of WOC is Disney animation. Hollywood Studios would be the perfect spot, but then you have a battle between Fantasmic and WOC...so that leaves Disney Springs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom