World of Color Making It's Way to Animal Kingdom?

Tim_4

tumblr_inline_mfi3erCq8X1rtgxao_zps393e02d5.jpg

I rest my case.
Buuuurn...?

montyz81

Welcome.
WoC would be a great addition, but I'm not sure DAK stays open late enough. Earlier today, I read someone mention WoC for Epcot, while others have suggested Disney Springs.
Did your family member mention a timetable for this?
I'm sure Lee, Martin or '74 will chime in and let us know.
Better not be in Epcot. It doesn't have a place in WSL. Only thing that belongs there is ROE. ROE does need to be updated, but that should be what happens. WoC does not make sense in Epcot whatsoever.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
4. "Sunset Safari" is coming. Backstage at DAK is being torn up for the infrastructure. Construction is the general contractor.

What exactly is "Sunset Safari"? Something available to us commoners or an added experience like the Africa trek thing that costs extra. Could be interesting.

RunnerEd

I've had a busy and not all that pleasant week. But I've heard some folks at TWDC are having worse weekends. Ya gotta hate when the truth comes back to bite you in the collective arses! :)

But I REALLY am tired of threads here that have no basis for being and take on lives of their own. They waste our time and they cost MAGIC cred because they are so inane.

Details????

WDW1974

They wouldn't be limited to "existing dining options." Making DAK an all-day park would require more than just bringing in a nighttime show. They would also need more dining and more attractions. Avatar will cover some of the need, but there would be additional work as well.

DAK is an all-day park. And it has a spectacular lighting package. None other than soon to be unemployed Joe Rohde told me about the work done.

Disney was looking into a night parade (go look into Rivers of Light) in the 2005-2008 period when the economy tanked and Jay Rasulo got his idea for a boutique animal park. That died as well and morphed into the Wild Africa Trek add-on experience.

DAK would need more than a show to keep them as you say. And Disney would have to get into the full serve dining business in a park where all full serve food is provided by Landry's, a third party. It isn't likely.

And a night parade was chosen initially because it made the most sense for the park consdering animals, infrastructure and theme.

Wishes is one of the highest rated entertainment options in guest surveys. If it changes, it will likely be a reworked fireworks show but will still probably be "traditional" fireworks sans any water effects, special projections, etc.

Surveys mean nothing. They are designed to get answers that Disney wants. I don't doubt Wishes is popular, either. Walmart and McDonald's and Southwest Airlines are as well. Doesn't mean they provide the best product. But I do agree with your point!

WDW1974

Better not be in Epcot. It doesn't have a place in WSL. Only thing that belongs there is ROE. ROE does need to be updated, but that should be what happens. WoC does not make sense in Epcot whatsoever.

WoC isn't coming to WDW at all under current plans. ... There's a lot of 'chatter' regarding a possible Fantasmic replacement, which might just be a fresher show with some WoC elements.

EPCOT will be playing RoE until the next Milennium at the current rate.

WDWFREAK53

World of Color in its original form wouldn't fit at all. However, a show using WoC's same tech but with more relevant scenes to Animal Kingdom would probably work really well. Though I'm not sure whether such a show would be at all possible on Discovery River or anything.

I always thought they were dropping the ball by not utilizing the "transformation" scene from Brother Bear in a nighttime show at DAK.

ToTBellHop

I always thought they were dropping the ball by not utilizing the "transformation" scene from Brother Bear in a nighttime show at DAK.
Would anyone even recognize Brother Bear nowadays?

I always thought they were dropping the ball by not having a nighttime show with imagery featuring REAL animals...when's the last time we got something new at DAK that deals with a real animal? Opening day? And I'm not talking about some new grass for zebras to sometimes grace with their presence...

MonorailRed

Applebees
I always thought that if they put any type of water show at DAK, it'd be in it's own area, like Fantasmic at DHS. If WoC or a show like it does happen, I could see the area going behind Dinosaur. The could even make new park exits over there for after the show, to relieve congestion in the oasis after the show.

If any nighttime show at all came to DAK I would like to see a 360 projection show on the tree of life, with elements like the castle projection show and WoC all in an Animal Kingdom style the suits the park....

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I'd love to see the show ALL AROUND the river, but the biggest challenge is that they'll need to put some filters in to regulate the water. Doing that for the whole river would be a big investment.

Lee

Adventurer
I'd love to see the show ALL AROUND the river, but the biggest challenge is that they'll need to put some filters in to regulate the water. Doing that for the whole river would be a big investment.
Filters alone wouldn't do the job.
They would have to drain the river, line the lake/riverbed with concrete, install a system of pumps, drains and filters...then maybe they could think about installing a World of Color type show.

Unlikely, at best...

G00fyDad

They would have to drain the river, line the lake/riverbed with concrete, install a system of pimps, drains and filters...then maybe they could think about installing a World of Color type show.

Unlikely, at best...

pimps??? LOL I am just envisioning a bunch of well dressed men with bad attitudes laying in the bottom of the lake bed. LOL "Better get out there and make me my money!"

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
Thanks for passing along what you heard and welcome to the site. I would like to see WoC, wheter it's me going to DL finally or it being brought to WDW. As for the mentions of it coming to Disney Springs, I don't see WoC going to Disney Springs simply because it is open to the public, ie no admission charge. I don't see Disney putting something like that in the public forum where folks could see it without having to pay for it. Just doesn't seem very MAGICal or Disneylike to miss out on that money making opportunity.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
They would have to drain the river, line the lake/riverbed with concrete, install a system of pumps, drains and filters...then maybe they could think about installing a World of Color type show.

Unlikely, at best...
Yeah, I guess I grossly oversimplified it.
But, given their desire to make DAK a full-day park to the average guest... I, personally, wouldn't be surprised to see something along these lines happen, even if it's just in front of Asia.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom