World of Color Making It's Way to Animal Kingdom?

Goofnut1980

While I agree it doesn't belong at AK, it is the most suitable for the space as it does not use pyro... That would keep from frightening the animals. Plus if they do a few things for adding more "rides" then it could be a full day park. just sayin

doctornick

If it used clips based on animals, it would actually fit very well...even an Avatar segment would work.

Exactly. It's mostly clips of movies anyway, so.... just show video of a bunch of the many animals from Disney/Pixar: Lion King, Jungle Book, Bambi, 101 Dalmatians, Aristocats, Lady & the Tramp, The Rescuers, The Great Mouse Detective, Brother Bear, Tarzan, Pocahontas, Nemo, Bug's Life, etc. You can intersperse video of real live animals as well. And, yes, you can toss in Avatar too (I'm indifferent to that, but it can get a clip).

It would be silly to have the exact same video of WoC at DAK. But a similar show set up with a theme based on animals would work great. It seems, based on what everyone has said, that it would need to be done in a brand new artificial lake. So, if it were to happy (someday) it probably would be the result of a dedicated theater like DHS's Fantasmic, perhaps built in a corner of the CMM/Avatar plot.

twebber55

Exactly. It's mostly clips of movies anyway, so.... just show video of a bunch of the many animals from Disney/Pixar: Lion King, Jungle Book, Bambi, 101 Dalmatians, Aristocats, Lady & the Tramp, The Rescuers, The Great Mouse Detective, Brother Bear, Tarzan, Pocahontas, Nemo, Bug's Life, etc. You can intersperse video of real live animals as well. And, yes, you can toss in Avatar too (I'm indifferent to that, but it can get a clip).

It would be silly to have the exact same video of WoC at DAK. But a similar show set up with a theme based on animals would work great. It seems, based on what everyone has said, that it would need to be done in a brand new artificial lake. So, if it were to happy (someday) it probably would be the result of a dedicated theater like DHS's Fantasmic, perhaps built in a corner of the CMM/Avatar plot.
agree

maybe this is why avatar may be "downsized" to one E ticket to make room for something like WOC

doctornick

agree

maybe this is why avatar may be "downsized" to one E ticket to make room for something like WOC

Perhaps, though I still think they need to add at least 2 if not 3 new rides/attractions to DAK to extend the hours into the evening. (I'm assuming they'd shut down the safari/Rafiki's/the walking paths/bird show and maybe Kali at dusk, so that limits the number of attractions available.) Whether such attractions are Avatar or another thing doesn't matter much. There's a lot of land in that area that could house multiple attractions

Also, putting a WoC show in the CMM/Avatar space would allow for building an exit path quickly and directly to the Oasis, allowing for a mass crowd exodus out of the park after shows. Furthermore, that location is relatively far away from the bulk of the animals (in the north of the park in Africa/Asia) so the impact of the noise of the show would be minimized.

RunnerEd

With the Wild Disney movies that have been coming out over the last few years, they should have plenty of footage. They could also add in some of the nature films that Walt made back in the day to intersperse with the 'toons.

WDW1974

@WDW1974, Throwing SWA under the bus??

They aren't an airline that I have flown on more than a handful of times.

I like First Class. I like food and booze, even if I have to buy it. I like entertainment at my seat, so I don't have to hear the life story of the person next to me (more so if it is family or a friend!) ... I especially like leaving the USA and going far, far away.

SWA is great for a family in Rhode Island to fly to O-Town to visit Mickey and Pals.

But, for me, they just are a bus system in the sky (albeit one that has been profitable for four plus decades and has a near perfect safety record). They also are very popular because people look at their special fares, but when you actually price them out -- most of the time -- you can do much better on a legacy carrier. So, yeah, I guess I am throwing them under.

WDW1974

Filters alone wouldn't do the job.
They would have to drain the river, line the lake/riverbed with concrete, install a system of pumps, drains and filters...then maybe they could think about installing a World of Color type show.

Unlikely, at best...

How many times do some of us wind up repeating the same things? It's like Groundhog Day all over again!

the.dreamfinder

They aren't an airline that I have flown on more than a handful of times.

I like First Class. I like food and booze, even if I have to buy it. I like entertainment at my seat, so I don't have to hear the life story of the person next to me (more so if it is family or a friend!) ... I especially like leaving the USA and going far, far away.

SWA is great for a family in Rhode Island to fly to O-Town to visit Mickey and Pals.

But, for me, they just are a bus system in the sky (albeit one that has been profitable for four plus decades and has a near perfect safety record). They also are very popular because people look at their special fares, but when you actually price them out -- most of the time -- you can do much better on a legacy carrier. So, yeah, I guess I am throwing them under.
I'd say that's a fair criticism, but living near a US Airways Hub certainly effects my perception since US Air was and still is bad while SWA was a step up relatively speaking. Can't wait to see how their merger with American changes things.

WDW1974

I'd say that's a fair criticism, but living near a US Airways Hub certainly effects my perception since US Air was and still is bad while SWA was a step up relatively speaking. Can't wait to see how their merger with American changes things.

I don't fly US anymore than SW ... probably been on SW more.

But if you truly want to go somewhere you've got to go with one of the BIg 3 (with the current US Air-American merger) or a foreign carrier.

Most low cost carriers (and again, I usually don't find them to be) are largely domestic airlines ... SW isn't going to take you to Tokyo, Spirit (I am suing them for copyright infringement) won't get you to London and Frontier won't get you to Sydney.

My last SWA flight was about five years ago when it was $39 from Fort Lauderdale to O-Town and I was staying at the BW and had friends who could take me off property if I wanted.That was pretty much cheaper than driving.

the.dreamfinder

'74 you're a Continental/United spirit, right?
I'm certainly aware of the present state of air travel, but if you're stuck with a local airport like PHL, it does make flying a more tedious/frustrating.

WDW1974

'74 you're a Continental/United spirit, right?
I'm certainly aware of the present state of air travel, but if you're stuck with a local airport like PHL, it does make flying a more tedious/frustrating.

I loved CO and didn't enjoy UA, and now am sorta stuck as an elite flyer with the new UAL (which is a very screwed up airline). I do also travel on Delta a fair amount and find they have improved greatly since the NWA merger. But with Delta I am almost always in the back and I like to ride upfront.

The worst seat in the world is coach on a 737, 757 (except the exit rows on this one) or A319/320 ... it is more uncomfortable than walking in on a pair of fanbois playing 'Find The Vinylmation'.

RSoxNo1

Okay expert. If you would like to explain to me where you are going to put this magical night time spectacular in AK? B/C the current water areas in the park aren't going to cut it. So are you building a man made water way somewhere in the park that's NOT going to disturb the animals at night? Also, where are these wonderful TS restaurants to generate revenue from this? I never suggested that EPCOT get it, Illuminations needs to go no where.
I'm not going to sit here and speculate, but MK needs something newer than Wishes. So say fantillusion comes over from DLP...technically that could work for the MK, we have the moats to have the water jets that wouldnt take too much altering. Wishes is great and I love it, but it's getting stale. People constantly moan and groan on here that DHS needs new things to pull guests in. And how old and run down Fantasmic is. We don't need a new fantasmic from TDLR, b/c that one while it has different props, etc, isn't so impressive. Why not put WOC there? The area exists that it would work. I mean, if you definitely NEED WOC at WDW.
Many of us on here just don't see WOC workable and the thing that needs to bring in the people and revenue to AK with it staying open longer. There could be other options to keep it open longer that would work with the existing dining options etc, but sorry WOC isn't it.
I think the best location for a water show in DAK is in the giant plot of land north of Kali River Rapids/Maharajah Jungle Trek. A long queue can work for an end of night show, but is a harder sell as a walking path to the expansion area. This is also enough room to separate this from the Animal Care facilities.

RSoxNo1

It could still happen.

I want them to integrate the mythical animals into the individual continents. Much like the Yeti in Asia. It adds that sense of deep culture and supernatural to a world otherwise rooted in reality.
I definitely agree. My long term plan for DAK would be as follows:
  • North and South America in the Camp Minnie Mickey plot
  • Entrance to Europe between Africa and the Caravan Stage, utilizing part of the plot north of Kali/current Maharajah Jungle Trek
  • Animal walk through and Caravan Stage be relocated to the plot North of Kali/current Maharajah Jungle Trek
  • Australia to be built around the Nemo theater area
  • Dinorama to be demolished and replaced with more Australia content or more prehistoric content

djlaosc

I definitely agree. My long term plan for DAK would be as follows:
  • North and South America in the Camp Minnie Mickey plot
  • Entrance to Europe between Africa and the Caravan Stage, utilizing part of the plot north of Kali/current Maharajah Jungle Trek
  • Animal walk through and Caravan Stage be relocated to the plot North of Kali/current Maharajah Jungle Trek
  • Australia to be built around the Nemo theater area
  • Dinorama to be demolished and replaced with more Australia content or more prehistoric content

For me, I would put...
  • Australasia/Antarctica in the Camp Minnie-Mickey plot
  • Beastlie Kingdomme/Mysterious Island on the cleared land
  • Europe behind Kali River Rapids
  • South America behind Maharajah Jungle Trek (probably until the Rafiki's Planet Watch Train Station)
  • North America above South America (Rafiki's Planet Watch to Conservation Station)
  • Arctic available for entrance from Europe and North America
  • Dinorama demolished, The Living Seas moved beside Nemo and more prehistoric content added to Dinoland.
Then, if you turned Animal Kingdom around 90 degrees anticlockwise, it would look like a map of the world.

From left to right -
  • Top - (Rafiki's Planet Watch), North America, Arctic, Europe, Asia, (Oceans, Prehistoric Life)
  • Bottom - South America, Africa, Antarctica, Australasia, (Mythological Creatures)

lazyboy97o

For me, I would put...
  • Australasia/Antarctica in the Camp Minnie-Mickey plot
  • Beastlie Kingdomme/Mysterious Island on the cleared land
  • Europe behind Kali River Rapids
  • South America behind Maharajah Jungle Trek (probably until the Rafiki's Planet Watch Train Station)
  • North America above South America (Rafiki's Planet Watch to Conservation Station)
  • Arctic available for entrance from Europe and North America
  • Dinorama demolished, The Living Seas moved beside Nemo and more prehistoric content added to Dinoland.
Then, if you turned Animal Kingdom around 90 degrees anticlockwise, it would look like a map of the world.

From left to right -
  • Top - (Rafiki's Planet Watch), North America, Arctic, Europe, Asia, (Oceans, Prehistoric Life)
  • Bottom - South America, Africa, Antarctica, Australasia, (Mythological Creatures)
I think you're putting things on top of each other...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom