World of Color Making It's Way to Animal Kingdom?

brb1006

agree 100% with you. World of Color is just a projection show with no real story line at all. For us it was a see it once and never have to see it again.

Rivers of Light was the same way. It just wasn't much of a spectacular to be called a Disney nighttime spectacular. Animal Kingdom should have never gotten rid of Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade. That drew in the crowds, could be ran late in the day to keep people in the park. If it was me in charge of entertainment, I would bring the parade back instead of trying to do something on the water.
While I understand Jammin Jungle Parade alongside any future parade at AK never coming back due to the addition of Pandora altering pathways. I miss that parade since it made the park more energetic during the daytime. I remember an anniversary addition featured other Disney Animal Characters that you didn't seen often at WDW.

Last edited:

doctornick

While I understand Jammin Jungle Parade alongside any future parade at AK never coming back due to the addition of Pandora altering pathways. I miss that parade since it made the park more energetic during the daytime. I remember an anniversary addition featured other Disney Animal Characters that you didn't seen often at WDW.
I think the solution is to have a “parade” on boats in the water. You could offer something similar to MJJ without clogging up the walkways.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Me too. Just needed a bit more oomph especially at the end.

I’ve posted this little clip before. I mean c’mon! It’s beautiful. Flaws notwithstanding.

Never saw the show myself but I agree, that was well done.

Wait, I mean - It sucks. Terrible show. No movie IP, how can we sell merch with no movie IP? Add some characters to it. ;)

mightynine

Oddly enough, that was when Disneynature was still a thing, so you could say RoL was IP-driven (and if I’m not mistaken, used footage from those movies).

Which goes to show using IP isn’t a bad thing, but it can be used, uh, badly? Lazily? Shoe-horned-in-ly?

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
The water screens were clear and the on water features were plentiful? Then count yourself lucky and I hope it wasn't too hot in the stadium your night
My husband and I had the luck of seeing RoL on our honeymoon when it soft opened, on a beautiful night in April. We were absolutely mystified by it. The shaman, the music, the imagery - it had this beautiful spiritual quality that felt like the perfect way to end a day at Animal Kingdom. When we moved to FL a few years later, we were perplexed at what had been done to the show. It felt like the heart was taken out of it.
We saw RoL for the first time on April 6, 2018. It was stunning. These performers really elevated the show.
476BC113-B385-4D6F-BE28-EAEF50A9D5E1.jpeg
4A77AC50-3C5B-40D6-A030-AC011FF7369E.jpeg
DAA9FF78-8A34-4A29-B7EE-0A83DFB6FDF9.jpeg
37277859-250A-4849-9941-ED414DC37B01.jpeg
8CED2261-5569-4832-84EC-0A9E2B428E46.jpeg

trainplane3

Me too. Just needed a bit more oomph especially at the end.

I’ve posted this little clip before. I mean c’mon! It’s beautiful. Flaws notwithstanding.

Ew.
Needs more IP to fix all of the shortcomings:

(we had a solid night too)
Oh, what do you mean it made the show worse?

The finale was by far the weakest point of the show. Weaker then Harmonious's awkward "shows over, goodnight" speech to make sure you know that it's done.

rle4lunch

Agreed with the RoL comments. Pretty, but at the end your sitting there waiting for the big finish, only to be let down. Same goes for Harmonious, except that whole show is boring.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom