World of Color Making It's Way to Animal Kingdom?

RunnerEd

ya know... come to think of it... an electric water parade of some sort might be kinda cool - something to draw people in (not that they'd need something like this but it would be nice).

We were able to get a reservation at Bay Lake Tower a few years ago. One of the things that I was most looking forward to was seeing the electric water parade "up close." After I saw it, my reaction was pretty much "that's it?" It's nice and a value add but I don't see it being any type of draw to pull people into an area.

ToTBellHop

We were able to get a reservation at Bay Lake Tower a few years ago. One of the things that I was most looking forward to was seeing the electric water parade "up close." After I saw it, my reaction was pretty much "that's it?" It's nice and a value add but I don't see it being any type of draw to pull people into an area.
Well, the water pageant is 41 years old (and hasn't received any updates since the mid 1990s). Hopefully, any water parade built now would be substantially more impressive.

Tim_4

Well, the water pageant is 41 years old (and hasn't received any updates since the mid 1990s). Hopefully, any water parade built now would be substantially more impressive.
Yep... The water pageant isn't meant to impress, per se. It's more just a tribute to nostalgia.

Off topic: One of my favorite WDW stories is when, on September 11, the parks were closed and the boat drivers were told not to come in but the guys who drove the flag boats showed up anyways and people stood around the lagoon cheering.

Funmeister

Yep... The water pageant isn't meant to impress, per se. It's more just a tribute to nostalgia.

Off topic: One of my favorite WDW stories is when, on September 11, the parks were closed and the boat drivers were told not to come in but the guys who drove the flag boats showed up anyways and people stood around the lagoon cheering.

Where did you hear this one this time Tim?

mattpeto

9 year bump? 9 year bump.
Thanks to Google. (and sorry)

Maybe somebody can enlighten me, why WoC was always considered a non feasible option? Water conditions/filtration correct? Story issues?

Right now they have nothing going on at Discovery River Amphitheater, it’s time for them to reinvent and do something they will be a huge draw and a popular success. Look at the dessert parties demand in California, this would be a perfect 100th add.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No

Maybe somebody can enlighten me, why WoC was always considered a non feasible option? Water conditions/filtration correct? Story issues?

Right now they have nothing going on at Discovery River Amphitheater, it’s time for them to reinvent and do something they will be a huge draw and a popular success. Look at the dessert parties demand in California, this would be a perfect 100th add.
I always heard that it wouldn't be possible to have a WOC style show in this space because it's a natural waterway, which presents its own challenges with the WOC style equipment.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I still can’t understand what happened with Rivers of Light. Why did it need to go? The version we saw in 2018 was fabulous.

TTA94

I big fountain show can work at DAK but it just can’t be the WoC infrastructure. Im thinking permanently installed floating FLAT barges. What should have been done for Harmonious.

Kamikaze

It might be perfect for the 100th, but its a multi-year build. The area it goes in has to be completely drained, and then a stable bottom (and a room under it - not easy in FL) has to be built. It took nearly three years for the original build at DCA, and they just had it go down with a major issue for 8 months or so. Its not easy to maintain or operate.

But it is the best show they've ever done.

J4546

WoC is such a good show, and gives California Adventure a top notch nighttime spectacle. I think CA is a pretty good sister park to DL at this point but since we are talking about AK, yes please bring something fantastic to AK because it needs it....maybe something with drones?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom