"Woooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report

"Wooooooooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report

Ladies and gentleman.... Boys and girls... Welcome to my wonderful trip report!! From April 26th - May 7th, my sister, my mother and I went on a grand adventure to Walt Disney World. We laughed.. we cried.. we argued.. we ate lots of food, rode lots of rides and even met a character or two. It was the longest trip we have been on but felt like it went by in the blink of an eye. Always seems that way, right?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my story tonight; "Wooooooooo!!" .. "Where's Adam?" - A Spring 2012 Trip Report! :)

Overview:
This trip carries the same cast of characters as all my previous trip reports: Ashley (sister - 26) Terryn (Mom - 21 again..) and me (Darolyn - 29)

DSC07746-1.jpg

Me, Marie and Ashley - November 2011

DSC07869-1.jpg

Mama Dukes! - November 2011

If you have read my PTR, you know most of what I'm about to review. So you can skip to Thursday if you want. If not, here's a little bit of info:

This trip, we decided to drive to save more money so we could attend the Tower of Terror 10 Miler in September. While driving wasn't that bad, I'd definitely rather fly. Unfortunately flights were all $300+ per person with terrible times and I think we ended up driving for about $500 total! We left Thursday evening April 26 and left the world on Sunday May 6th. Our timeshare is located off property and since its within 30 miles of WDW, we cannot exchange it for DVC! :( Such a bummer. And since we didn't book our resort until January, our home resort was booked. Sooooo we ended up at Orange Lake Resort on 192. It was on the AK side of 192 and we could see the top of Expedition Everest and fireworks from Epcot outside our room. More on how we liked the property at the end of the report!

We were staying at the timeshare Friday 4/27-Friday 5/4. We weren't leaving to head home until Sunday so we needed a room for the last 2 nights. There was no question that we would stay on property. We had originally decided to stay in a regular room at the Wilderness Lodge. After a bit of researching though, I figured out we could rent DVC points at get a studio room at the Wilderness Lodge villas for $140 less. WOOT WOOT!!! So we changed over and rented the points. I'll review how well we liked this process vs dealing with Disney direct at the end. (All of my reviews will be done at the end including resorts, dining and just general things)

So now that the recap is out of the way.... My friend is dropping off a copy of Photoshop for me so I can edit my photos! I will hopefully post some more tonight or tomorrow. I have a busy weekend planned so I can't promise anything!! I just wanted to get it started! :)

PartOfYourWorld

I tried to close my eyes too, and when I woke up we weren't in the studios :( makes me sad. Hurry up and update more! And can't wait to see you in a week and a day! :)

enchanted_belle

I tried to close my eyes too, and when I woke up we weren't in the studios :( makes me sad. Hurry up and update more! And can't wait to see you in a week and a day! :)

lol I actually did just try the same thing... though, I think I'd like a bit more time to train. I'm still hurting from yesterday's 10k (and that evil, painful coaster from Friday grrr)... so being able to walk normally would be helpful for a race, right?

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster

Wooooooo!! Can't wait for Saturday either! I'll text you and we can make a plan!! I'm gonna try and update tonight. I just got back from Rhode Island so I'm resting before I have to go running tonight.

lol I actually did just try the same thing... though, I think I'd like a bit more time to train. I'm still hurting from yesterday's 10k (and that evil, painful coaster from Friday grrr)... so being able to walk normally would be helpful for a race, right?

what coaster did you go on?! Yeah, being able to walk normal might be a good thing!!! lol my sister and I are going to try and get in a 5k or 10k before September. I already know we're going to be so slow because we're so busy right now that running has kind of taken a backseat :(

clee687

Oh how I long for a Dole Whip now! Yummy refreshing deliciousness!!! Loving your amazing pics and really liked the one of the train station from INSIDE the park before the crowds hit! Don't see that often...the empty park pics are usually of the castle.

enchanted_belle

what coaster did you go on?! Yeah, being able to walk normal might be a good thing!!! lol my sister and I are going to try and get in a 5k or 10k before September. I already know we're going to be so slow because we're so busy right now that running has kind of taken a backseat :(

It's called Skyrush, and it's at Hershey PA... the videos on YouTube make it look nice and tame, but that thing cuts off all blood circulation to your legs! ICK. Today has NOT been fun at all, let me tell you.
I think I need to do another 10k to get a better time... we had 14:13 mile/minute, but it was really slow since we've been slacking (I hate school).

PS, I'm jealous of both you and Jess... I wanna be a part of this meetup! :(

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Oh how I long for a Dole Whip now! Yummy refreshing deliciousness!!! Loving your amazing pics and really liked the one of the train station from INSIDE the park before the crowds hit! Don't see that often...the empty park pics are usually of the castle.

Mmmm... Dole Whip!! :)

I'm super sad we won't get to be inside MK before it opens on our trip in Sept. We opted to do the Akershus breakfast at Epcot instead of Crystal Palace.

It's called Skyrush, and it's at Hershey PA... the videos on YouTube make it look nice and tame, but that thing cuts off all blood circulation to your legs! ICK. Today has NOT been fun at all, let me tell you.
I think I need to do another 10k to get a better time... we had 14:13 mile/minute, but it was really slow since we've been slacking (I hate school).

PS, I'm jealous of both you and Jess... I wanna be a part of this meetup! :(

Hershey Park is so much fun!! I like Storm Runner! We went before they opened Farenheit and Skyrush. I LOVE coasters!

Ashley and I are averaging about 13:30 min miles when we run but we're still only doing 60 second run / 90 second walk. I'm hoping we at least get it down to 12:30 min mile and I'll be happy. I'm sure I'll end up walking most of the ToT race lol

And please come up to Boston and join us! It'd be wicked fun!!! :D

enchanted_belle

Hershey Park is so much fun!! I like Storm Runner! We went before they opened Farenheit and Skyrush. I LOVE coasters!

Ashley and I are averaging about 13:30 min miles when we run but we're still only doing 60 second run / 90 second walk. I'm hoping we at least get it down to 12:30 min mile and I'll be happy. I'm sure I'll end up walking most of the ToT race lol

And please come up to Boston and join us! It'd be wicked fun!!! :D

I love love LOVE Hershey... and we only live like an hour and a half away, so it's awesome. We got on Storm Runner with no line too, so yeah... but Skyrush was a bit intense, I'm STILL having trouble walking today.

We were doing minute walk/minute run almost the whole time, with some points where we did 30 second walks... but our pace was just slower than we'd hoped for all around. We're getting back into full-out training not next week but the week after.

I would love to come join you but... I'm gonna be at my Kamp then! boo! :(

ps, I love this alert system... it's great for when someone replies to you!

PartOfYourWorld

Wooooooo!! Can't wait for Saturday either! I'll text you and we can make a plan!! I'm gonna try and update tonight. I just got back from Rhode Island so I'm resting before I have to go running tonight.

Yes I can't wait either!!! And you just texted me!!! :) And you went to RI?? Weren't too far from me then! And where is this said update? I am disappointed...tsk tsk :)

I love love LOVE Hershey... and we only live like an hour and a half away, so it's awesome. We got on Storm Runner with no line too, so yeah... but Skyrush was a bit intense, I'm STILL having trouble walking today.

We were doing minute walk/minute run almost the whole time, with some points where we did 30 second walks... but our pace was just slower than we'd hoped for all around. We're getting back into full-out training not next week but the week after.

I would love to come join you but... I'm gonna be at my Kamp then! boo! :(

ps, I love this alert system... it's great for when someone replies to you!

Thank you for mentioning the alert system..because I just realized that replies were part of the alerts lol :) And I wish you could come too! Hoping I can make it down to Delaware sometime this summer. Wish there was another long weekend besides Labor Day before the 10-miler!

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
After Jungle Cruise we wandered over to Frontierland towards Liberty Square. We saw that Hall of Presidents was going to start in like 5 minutes so we decided to go see it. I think i have seen it before but I don't really remember.

DSC_0578-1.jpg

DSC_0579-1.jpg

DSC_0580-1-1.jpg

It was really good. I bawled like a little baby at the end when they showed the montage of all the history of America (the Space Shuttle passangers, 9/11, etc..) I'm very proud to be an American and the show definitely touched me. Also when Lincoln recited the Gettysburg Address... That took me back to 8th grade when the whole class had to memorize it and recite it in front of everyone. I'm not sure if it's more sad or rather really cool that I remembered a lot more of it than I thought I would. lol

DSC_0581-1.jpg

We strolled over to the Haunted Mansion but the like was about 20 minutes so we pressed on. Fantasyland was pretty crowded (per usual at 1pm)

DSC_0584-1.jpg

DSC_0585-1.jpg

We grabbed Fastpasses for Pooh and what should pop out but FP for Mickey's Philharmagic. Not that there is ever a line for this, but we decided to see it anyways. Definitely one of my favorite MK attractions!

DSC_0586-1.jpg

After seeing Mickey save Donald's butt (again) we strolled through Fantasyland and Sir Mickey's.

DSC_0587-1.jpg

DSC_0588-1.jpg

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
Haunted Mansion line at 20 minutes = 5 minute wait if you go through the graveyard (at least, that's what happened with us each time...)

Normally I would agree with you but this time the line was streched out all way almost down to where you get on the Liberty Belle boat. It was bizarre why the line was so long....

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
I decided to try my hand at photographing some merchandise. I feel like people might have thought I was weird sine I was taking pictures of hats and shot galsses but eh, whatever!

DSC_0590-1.jpg

DSC_0592-1.jpg

I just love this shirt!! hehe

DSC_0591-1.jpg

After leaving Sir Mickey's, we decided to head over to Tomorrowland

DSC_0593-1.jpg

DSC_0595-1.jpg

We took a spin on the PeopleMover

DSC_0600-1.jpg

DSC_0601-1.jpg

DSC_0604-1.jpg

After getting of the PeopleMover we saw everyone's favorite intergalaztic hero coming out for his meet and greet. There was no one in line so we skipped over and struck our best space ranger pose with Buzz!

DSC_0606-1.jpg

DSC_0607-1.jpg

corey154

Great trip report! Thanks for sharing! I love the photot's!

Sometimes I forget and take for granted how close I live to Orlando, I couldn't even imagine having to drive that long! I'd be in trouble too, my husband would never travel that far for Disney...lol!

jenseib

I've been away for awhile...I was having problems with the boards and I just gave up...but back again. I am now finishing up my TR I started way back when and working on another one too.

I am loving your trip.. Looks like you really like the new camera.

PolynesianPrincess

Original Poster
That's REALLY bizarre... silly Haunted Mansion! lol. Maybe it had just reopened or something, who knows.

Don't you go stealing my man, he worked hard to steal me away from Dan! ;)

Haha, don't worry, Buzz isn't my type. I'm more of an Aladdin kinda gal! lol

Great trip report! Thanks for sharing! I love the photot's!

Sometimes I forget and take for granted how close I live to Orlando, I couldn't even imagine having to drive that long! I'd be in trouble too, my husband would never travel that far for Disney...lol!

Thanks for reading!!

The drive wasn't all that bad. I think I'm set though doing it once every like 3-4 years lol

I've been away for awhile...I was having problems with the boards and I just gave up...but back again. I am now finishing up my TR I started way back when and working on another one too.

I am loving your trip.. Looks like you really like the new camera.

Hey so glad you're back!! :) And yay for more TR's!!

I LOVE my camera! Still not fully used it yet and it's been almost 2 months since my trip lol

Your camera takes such amazing photos!!

Thank you!! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom