Woman claims to have been beaten in line

Champion

Hmmm...and men commit crimes at a higher rate than women, according to statistics...so it's all Disney's fault for making it easy for MEN to come to the parks, darn them!!

I'm not trying to make an argument that people who make less money shouldn't be allowed to go to WDW. All I was stating is that the poster who originally made the statement was correct in what he said, statistically.

sknydave

I attribute it to a surge of lower class of visitors to the parks. Disney's big campaign has been focused on being more "affordable" then ever. The taser incident and now this? I'm sure there are more problems to come this summer and beyond.

Walt Disney World is heavily staffed with low income employees.

Champion

Walt Disney World is heavily staffed with low income employees.

Extremely true. And the low payment of the employees is directly in proportion to the relatively low cost of vacationing at WDW. If everything cost 20% more, the employees wouldn't have to be so underpaid.

smk

Am I lower class? Yup.. at least thats what the state classifies me as and have been all my life.

So while your in Disney with the girl that opens and holds doors, offers her seat on the bus to the weary mom, helps the CM pick up the mess of a fallen plate, shares her parade spot with a kid standing behind her, and feeds the ducks around disney... be sure to give me a wave!:wave:

Money can buy you a lot of things in life folks... but the idea of respect, what's right or wrong, and appreciation isn't one of them.
I'll help you pick up broken plates , I love to feed the ducks and I could care less if I can see the parade if there is a little one who can't see becasue I am in the way. :wave:

Rabflmom

Wow, so the lower your income the worse your behavior?

Interesting theory. Doesn't really hold up though. I live in a very ritzy , well-known summer community (I'm one of the few year-round residents, and I live on the *other* side of the tracks, LOL), and can tell you that money doesn't buy class, friend. The trashiest people can be filthy rich, and some of the kindest, most compassionate people are dirt poor. In fact, if you really want to split hairs I'd dare say many people with higher incomes have an "entitlement" factor and are the ones who cause a lot of problems at WDW ("But I am staying in a $400 a night hotel! I should get a fastpass for everything!").

I'm sorry, but I don't know how anyone could not take offense at your comments. >>>>>>>>>>

I am so glad you posted that. I started to reply but just couldn't get it to say what I meant. You did a much better job saying what I was thinking.

JCorduroy

Yeahhh...getting back on topic. :)

I haven't seen anything else about this come up on any of the local news websites, so I'm thinking this may have been swept under the rug already as a quick money making scheme.

That being said - this hasn't been my main focus of internet browsing today.

BuzzComplexCM

I am having a hard time believing this.

In July of 2005 I was at the Muppets 3D show when I asked a family of 7 to please quiet down. After the show they had some words for me, mainly it was the wife dropping the f bomb in every way possible. When I told her to be quiet, her husband came over and pushed me causing me to almost fall over the theater seats.

The first words out of my mouth....well I can't say here, but they were not "Call Orange County" or "Call security" for that fact. A CM saw it happen and they took it upon themselves to contact OCSD, Disney Security, and the manager of the attraction. They asked me what I wanted to happen and I requested that the family be removed from the park, and Disney and OCSD honored my request.

Even as a CM when I was backstage on breaks I would often see multiple OCSD officers wandering around.

Me thinks a fishy smell is around us!

YungManBones69

Ohhhhhhhhhhh!

:dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: OUCH!!!:dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle: :dazzle:

Yeah what DonaldDuck34 said! He is always right!

WDWFigment

Its her own fault, shouldnt she have been at home doing housework?

While this is true, I think it also can be inferred that there are no marks on her neck because women are biologically inferior, so the female 'perp' here simply didn't have the strength to make any marks. That doesn't mean it didn't happen, though! :lookaroun

jmvd20

I attribute it to a surge of lower class of visitors to the parks. Disney's big campaign has been focused on being more "affordable" then ever. The taser incident and now this? I'm sure there are more problems to come this summer and beyond.

Yes, millions of visitors and 2 bad incidents.

WOW WDW is turining into a slum real quick here.

At least they can claim that 99.99999999998% of vacations are crime free...

Perhaps they could open a new super value resort themed like low income housing with constant sirens, gunshot sounds etc... to make these lower class visitors feel more at home...

scottnj1966

Disney knows what happened. Camera's everywhere. If they say different they are lying.
They probably just will not tell any news reporter anything more then they feel they have too.
They will settle it, then try to figure out why it happened and somehow make sure it wont again.

Enderikari

Disney knows what happened. Camera's everywhere. If they say different they are lying.
rad_rat said:
Almost every inch of each park at WDW is covered by security cameras. I would be very surprised if Disney did not have video of the "incident."

:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:
Don't you love when people just start making things up? As Champion said so astutely,
Champion said:
You are greatly overestimating Disney's security presence.

Love_RnR

That's some statement on a board where so many people (including me) were waiting on Free Dining to make their trips more "affordable". I guess we'll trash the place when we go too!
:goodnevil

including....

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=168306

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom