Woman claims to have been beaten in line

Larry Mondello

teacupride.gif

OneLuckyMom

I see nothing on one side of her neck and a scratch on the other....OH DEAR LORD GIVE HER A MILLION!!!

The new story states that a judge saw the extent of the injuries, which to me indicates he actually saw them on her or that he saw reasonable medical documentation of them.

Now I'm not saying this woman's story is completely true, or that she's not gold-plating the effects of the injuries some. But just because YOU don't see see any injuries on a grainy photo on a news webpage doesn't mean they weren't there. A judge saw something folks, and simply put - he's in a much better position to judge (pun intended!) than anyone looking at a webpage.

How about everyone not be quite so quick to rush to judgement, and letting the legal process take the proper course?

erasure fan1

"The alleged attacker's family claims that Krause pushed the woman first, and was ignored. When Krause pushed at the woman a second time, they started tangling. When the seriousness of Krause's injuries were noted, the authorities decided to press felony assault charges on the woman."

Now I am no expert but if she pushed first doesnt that make it so she cant press charges? It seems that she was the one instigating. If she pushed the other lady twice first, cant that be considered assault? Of course I could be reading it wrong.

TestTrack

"The alleged attacker's family claims that Krause pushed the woman first, and was ignored. When Krause pushed at the woman a second time, they started tangling. When the seriousness of Krause's injuries were noted, the authorities decided to press felony assault charges on the woman."

Now I am no expert but if she pushed first doesnt that make it so she cant press charges? It seems that she was the one instigating. If she pushed the other lady twice first, cant that be considered assault? Of course I could be reading it wrong.

Haven't you heard? Pushing is the new way to say "Isn't this an absolutely magical place!?". Apparently this woman did not understand that and took offense when she should have just responded "YES!". Hence the second push...the woman didn't answer her question so she asked again.

OneLuckyMom

Haven't you heard? Pushing is the new way to say "Isn't this an absolutely magical place!?". Apparently this woman did not understand that and took offense when she should have just responded "YES!". Hence the second push...the woman didn't answer her question so she asked again.

Oh, and we all know that people who are arrested tell the truth 100% of the time.....

If you are going to assume that the person making the complaint isn't telling the truth, then at least apply the same doubt to the person arrested!

TestTrack

Oh, and we all know that people who are arrested tell the truth 100% of the time.....

If you are going to assume that the person making the complaint isn't telling the truth, then at least apply the same doubt to the person arrested!

I prefer to use logic. The "victim" says she "thought she was going to die". Yet can't show anything more than maybe a slight scrape. Sensationalizing a story gets you no where in my book. Had the attack been vicious enough to warrant a person "thinking they were going to die" I bet that Disney would not hesitate to get authorities involved.

As you said, I can let the judicial process take its course but that does not mean I can't believe one side more than the other. It's my opinion :drevil:

erasure fan1

I do think they are telling the truth, thats my point. You would think that the family would be on her side not the attackers. It seems to me that the family didn’t help much by basically saying the victim started it. If you push someone twice and you did it first, then the person you pushed kicks your butt, you are just as responsible as the other if not more. Again I could be wrong, that’s just what I got from the article that was posted.

TestTrack

I do think they are telling the truth, thats my point. You would think that the family would be on her side not the attackers. It seems to me that the family didn’t help much by basically saying the victim started it. If you push someone twice and you did it first, then the person you pushed kicks your butt, you are just as responsible as the other if not more. Again I could be wrong, that’s just what I got from the article that was posted.

pretty sure you are reading it wrong...its the "Alleged attacker's family" not the victim's family.

OneLuckyMom

I prefer to use logic. The "victim" says she "thought she was going to die". Yet can't show anything more than maybe a slight scrape. Sensationalizing a story gets you no where in my book. Had the attack been vicious enough to warrant a person "thinking they were going to die" I bet that Disney would not hesitate to get authorities involved.

As you said, I can let the judicial process take its course but that does not mean I can't believe one side more than the other. It's my opinion :drevil:

And I find it hard to believe that the woman arrested did absolutely nothing to help start the fight except stand there and retailate after being pushed a couple of times. They're lines for pity sakes - everyone gets pushed on a bit standing in them. We don't all start fights, now do we? What exactly sent this woman over the edge - funny how her family doesn't mention that. I find the story both sides are telling equally sensationalized: one towards the I've-been-damaged dramatic side, one towards the I-didn't-do-nothin-but-go-to-church-and-read-my-bible innocent side. I think a judge and jury, with access to ALL the information, not just a news bite here and there, are the only ones who can sort this mess out, if it's even possible at this point. :brick:

ssidiouss@mac.c

I hope Disney is forced to pay like millions to this woman because she was bumped and bruised in line..

maybe only then will Disney start to do something to protect its customers from their magic being destroyed by the Brazillian Tour groups because the risk of not doing anything would be too costly.

bladerunner

I hope Disney is forced to pay like millions to this woman because she was bumped and bruised in line..

maybe only then will Disney start to do something to protect its customers from their magic being destroyed by the Brazillian Tour groups because the risk of not doing anything would be too costly.

I agree. I've been going to WDW for a very long time and lately it seems there are more problems with rude people at all parks than ever before. Just a few weeks ago my family and I had to complain several times about a group smoking cigarettes and drinking beer from bottles at TL near me and my children. Nothing was done - I felt let down and the thought crossed my mind that we may not be going back.

If Disney doesn't do something then I may stop going or go less often than I do now. When more people feel this way it will hurt the parks either in attendance or quality of experience or both. I hope things get better before they get worse.

all I know is, when working at merge at any atraction and you have to hold the standby line for any amount of time to get your fast pass line cought up. It can be a very scary place. and honestly, it makes no difference who the person you stopped looks like. ive had curse words thrown out at me from guests right in fornt of their chiildren and other' schildren. once had a gentleman threaten me so I called it into security, and they waited for him when he got off. I loved that one. I've had mothers arguing in line b/c one's part family got infront of the other one thus splitting both families in line. and neither would let the other half in front of them. and this wasjust in fast pass line. so when they reached me at merge i split them into the two seperate lines at Thunder mountian going down into the mine. and whitnessed the one woman tearing apart the other as they both went down the mine. I felt so bad for the one woman that luckily the rotation came through and I went down and gave that woman fastpasses and appologied to her for what had happend and just told her that people gt like that when they're hott. she was happy and even hugged me. lol. so it can be scary there, think of what the castmembers have to deal with. they don't teach us how to deal with fights. you wouldn't think it was like highschool, having to catch people. but it realy is.

Marge10369

I agree. I've been going to WDW for a very long time and lately it seems there are more problems with rude people at all parks than ever before. Just a few weeks ago my family and I had to complain several times about a group smoking cigarettes and drinking beer from bottles at TL near me and my children. Nothing was done - I felt let down and the thought crossed my mind that we may not be going back.

If Disney doesn't do something then I may stop going or go less often than I do now. When more people feel this way it will hurt the parks either in attendance or quality of experience or both. I hope things get better before they get worse.

Yes, I can't wait for Disney to start asking people when they buy their tickets "Are you rude? Will you act like an idiot start fights and injure other people?" If they answer yes, they will be charged an extra $$$ to cover the cost of Disney being sued because of their actions!!!!!!!!!:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

scottnj1966

If less people start going to the parks then I will be happier.
The cost of the resorts will go down too. That is awesome.

I know people are upset when someone is rude or you see somethign out of place for Disney, but come on think about it....this very raraely happens. If you were at a mall it happens numerous times in one day.

Disney can no more control peoples actions then the police can at times.
If you hear or see someone that upsets you, go to another area. they have to live with themlsevles, dont let it mess up your day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom