Woman claims to have been beaten in line

Vernonpush

Must be something in the air around the teacups. Vern and I saw two adults (men) nearly come to blows over a kid cutting in line at the teacups. This was about a year ago. We were right next to the two, and it got kind of scary, but never got beyond raised voices.
No, it was the smallest boy first (next to the turnstyle, not really through it[only about 4.5" clearance] says he has to "meet his family"), then the older boy saying "i'm with my brother", then the Mother and Father " OH' WE'RE JUST JOINING OUR KIDS". When the guy in front of us saw that the whole family basicaly sent a "scout" in front of all of us waiting in line, to secure their place, he went ballistic! I was ready to support the guy in front of us!
Some people!

joyDisney

I wonder what really happened. I have a strong gut feeling this isn't all. The 'victim' was eager to share her attack, but I think she’s missing the before the attack information. I have a feeling something was said/done. Now, yes, I know there are people that really are legally nuts (and quite a few non-diagnosis mentally ill individuals), but still something else was said and/or done.

FYI, no I do not think its okay to hit anyone - even if something horrible was said, but I'd just like to think, the CM's had a 'reason' for not calling the Police so quickly. Some people think they can say anything to anyone without consequences. And yes, beating the ‘crap’ out of someone is often enough – the consequences. Its makes you think twice.

ele

Account Suspended
have you seen the rock on her hand? and you mean to tell me she dosen't have a cell phone?? I am a retired police officer andprivate property or not if we are called to an assault we respond we have to. If she called the police and reported a assault in progess opr just happened Police will respond and Managers or nothing else can really stop us from investigating this. Just like a domestic dispute if a lady screams help in her house or calls the police and the husband says you cant come in its private property guess what "it dosnet really matter"

Testtrack321

She looks just fine to me.
It sounds like someone just wanted to make some money off a lawsuit. :lookaroun

Just because they look fine doesn't mean any internal damange hasn't been done. This is coming from a kid who had a few neck problems back in the day.

Not saying she's right, not saying she's wrong, but it always seems that there's more to the story than what local news likes to show, especially those "On Your Side" stories...

US 192

I attribute it to a surge of lower class of visitors to the parks. Disney's big campaign has been focused on being more "affordable" then ever. The taser incident and now this? I'm sure there are more problems to come this summer and beyond.

happymom52003

I attribute it to a surge of lower class of visitors to the parks. Disney's big campaign has been focused on being more "affordable" then ever. The taser incident and now this? I'm sure there are more problems to come this summer and beyond.

:eek:ooooh....you're gonna take some heat for the way you worded this comment! So....if you need a more "affordable" vacation, you are "lower class"?? And therefore will act up in the parks?

wedway71

No, it just makes the news when it's at WDW. ;)

A couple of women got into a real fight while waiting in line at checkout at a nearby grocery, and they left more than bruises. (Started hitting each other with the dividers) Bet you didn't hear about that.

RLMAO

I can see these 2 woman SWORD FIGHTING with the dividers in line...

Maybe the just got done seeing POTC3????

US 192

:eek:ooooh....you're gonna take some heat for the way you worded this comment! So....if you need a more "affordable" vacation, you are "lower class"?? And therefore will act up in the parks?

You can centainly twist that any way you want to stir up controversey.

Look at Universal's clientel vs. WDW. Now look at what Universal does with deeply discounted packages if guests stay at their resorts. There is a result.

bgraham34

Its a shame that things like this happening. If I saw this in Disney World I would be in shock. But if it happened on a street here I would not be. Come on Disney if they want the cops let them come.

happymom52003

You can centainly twist that any way you want to stir up controversey.

Look at Universal's clientel vs. WDW. Now look at what Universal does with deeply discounted packages if guests stay at their resorts. There is a result.

I apologize if I misinterpreted you comment, and I am not trying to stir up controversy. I was just a little shocked at your comment...at least at the way I interpreted it. Is there really enough info to say that the few incidents at WDW lately are a result of people from a lower income level visiting the parks?
In my neighborhood recently, we had a string of nightly breakins that had everyone terrified....even made the local news. Many people (including the police) thought it might be a vagrant coming up from greenbelt areas. Turned out it was two teenagers who actually live in my "upper class" neighborhood. Goes to show that there are people from all income levels that can act like idiots.
I just think alot of people might be offended by the way you chose to word your comment.

Mr Bill

Pretty much everyone in Central Florida knows that the Mouse would rather settle for a nice sum rather than go to court.

Looks like some strip mall lawyer with a commercial during Judge Mathis or Tyra is going to be getting themselves 20 or 25K for the cost of filing. Didn't see any injuries - just another local with $$$ in her eyes. Three cheers for Flori-duh!:brick:

Not when Disney honestly believes the case is frivolous. They'll go to court over it, if nothing more than to show that they won't settle. If they think it's a legitimate case, however, they'd likely settle out of court.

rad_rat

security video

Almost every inch of each park at WDW is covered by security cameras. I would be very surprised if Disney did not have video of the "incident."

wherewhy

I told tigger to behave himself!:ROFLOL: No, seriously though, did anyone else notice that she said that she and her attacker were alone and then said there were 80 people in line? how is that possible?

AEfx

A couple of women got into a real fight while waiting in line at checkout at a nearby grocery, and they left more than bruises. (Started hitting each other with the dividers) Bet you didn't hear about that.

I feel horrible as a person, but I have to say I did my biggest ROTFL ever after reading that. For some reason people using those little divider things as weapons just strikes me as absolutely hilarious - until I get sad for the world that people like that exist.

Thanks for the (brief!) laugh!

AEfx

Champion

Almost every inch of each park at WDW is covered by security cameras. I would be very surprised if Disney did not have video of the "incident."

You are greatly overestimating Disney's security presence.

Yes, if you cannot afford something that someone with more money CAN afford, you are of a lower class than them. Can't really argue that.

More likely to act up because you are lower class? That depends on the people involved, but I suppose you can say that if you had to compare families with $100k a year income and a $30k a year income, the $30k a year would be statistically more likely to "act up" in one way or another. This isn't a 100% thing, but if you're going strictly by statistics, yes, what he said was true. It is cheaper, comparatively, to go to WDW now with the plans they offer (free dining, magic your way, etc) then it was 10 years ago.

Angelsin616

This is exactly what I have been saying in the taser thread. Apparently, in my efforts to not offend, my point was completley lost. What happened to the civility that used to be so apparent at WDW, even after the rest of the world seemed to have lost it?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom