Woman claims to have been beaten in line

PigletIsMyCat

Is this what they mean when they refer to a storm in a teacup :shrug:

Isn't it a tempest in a teapot????

And thanks for the replies to my question. Stupid of me not to realize that people can call 911 on private property... but it kind of makes you wonder why no one did....

I think that in light of the recent incident by Space Mountain (those five kids) this woman might be in the market for a quick payout. People are well aware of Disney's desire to avoid bad press, and think they can get what they want out of them. I just feel that CMs, Security, and Managers would be extra careful about incidents/assaults this soon after the incident with the five kids, and on the same day of the KRR accident.... I can't imagine WDW flat out refusing to call in Deputies if the assault was as serious as claimed.

hrcollectibles

I have a few problems with this story
If I saw someone being attacked I would either help or get help for them
Who's to say those "injuries" even occured with the incident that was reported.

lilclerk

I don't even see a bruise... Which, I guess, is possible, but why show off your neck like that if you don't even have a bruise?

Jeff3888

Fishy

Its funny that there are no videos of this assualt. 1 out 5 five people have a video camera or cell phone camera in the parks (probably more) and no video.
I would think someone that is being attacked would cause enough commotion that someone would see what is going on and turn the camera on.

Slipknot

There is not mention of the 'attacker' and what happened to her. Nothing about her running away or even a description of her.... I don't know about you, but at 80:1, if there were that many 'witnesses' I do believe that someone, guest or CM, would have at least tried to stop them from leaving.

NeNe1298

That's when you whip out your cell phone. If the incident is really as reported, Disney isn't the only one who can call the Orange County cops. If I were ever assaulted on Disney property that would be the first thing I did, before I even got Disney involved.

AEfx

I was thinking the same thing about cell phones...you know if it was worth calling about, dispatch would have received a lot of calls about the attack. :confused: I know that would have been my first action as a witness.

But, I wasn't there so I don't know what really happened. :shrug:

PurpleDragon

I honestly think this is a case where a small incident is being blown waaaaay out of perportion because someone has dilusions of a big payoff from it. I think there was a small arguement and at most some pushing, and that was it.

This lady is simply looking for a get rich quick scheme. But honestly her complaint is so ludicrous it will more than likely not even get heard by a judge.

NeNe1298

Oh yea, and what about medical help. It didn't say anything about being treated by paramedics. Did it? If it was serious and needed treatment the medics would have been there pronto. I know they are on property.

A few weeks ago my daughter and I were standing in line for the tea cups and they shut it down because a lady had fallen and cut her head on one of the cups and was bleeding pretty bad. Medics were there in no time. The ride was reopened later that day after all the reports, inspections and whatever else is needed to deem the ride safe.

jmvd20

Since I'm in the mood of jumping to conclusions...

I think this is a pure scam to get $$$$ out of WDW. Most likely the aggressor and the victim know each other and had this perfectly planned out. Wait for all of the witnesses to disperse then claim WDW would not call the police, then pocket some money...

:dazzle:

Oh yea, and what about medical help. It didn't say anything about being treated by paramedics. Did it? If it was serious and needed treatment the medics would have been there pronto. I know they are on property.

A few weeks ago my daughter and I were standing in line for the tea cups and they shut it down because a lady had fallen and cut her head on one of the cups and was bleeding pretty bad. Medics were there in no time. The ride was reopened later that day after all the reports, inspections and whatever else is needed to deem the ride safe.
Exactly!
This story is starting to sound like a bunch of bologna to me. *shakes head dissaprovingly*

The Mom

Premium Member
If I were being pummeled in line, and an employee did nothing to stop it after I told him/her, BOTH the attacker and I would be talking to the police, because I would start hitting back. ;)

hcswingfield

Must be something in the air around the teacups. Vern and I saw two adults (men) nearly come to blows over a kid cutting in line at the teacups. This was about a year ago. We were right next to the two, and it got kind of scary, but never got beyond raised voices.

The Mom

Premium Member
And it always seems to be at Disney World...

No, it just makes the news when it's at WDW. ;)

A couple of women got into a real fight while waiting in line at checkout at a nearby grocery, and they left more than bruises. (Started hitting each other with the dividers) Bet you didn't hear about that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom