Woman claims to have been beaten in line

wedway71

BREAKING NEWS.......

Walt Disney World has now added to the Fast Pass line system.

Now it will have a 50k a year salary and under line and a seperate
50k a year and over line so this way no different socio economic familes can mix.

DISNEY---MAGIC HAPPENS BABY!!!!!

DVC Dave

Why would the police feel that they couldn't press charges against the aggressor? :confused: I agree with a statement made earlier. I looked at the slideshow of the "victim" and saw no bruises. :shrug: Has she been to a doctor yet? Medical documentation may help her case. Why isn't her friend being used as a witness? The fact that this "viscous" attack was witnessed should make this more of an open and shut assault case, wouldn't you think? There's definitely more to this story than what this woman is claiming. Why is no mention made of the other woman being taken into custody? :veryconfu

I hate to say it, but this looks like an obvious attempt to extort money out the big WDW. :eek: Anyone else feeling the same?

By the way what started the alledged "assault"? There is no mention to any reason why this attack should have taken place. That's a little odd, too.

I feel the same

AEfx

I attribute it to a surge of lower class of visitors to the parks. Disney's big campaign has been focused on being more "affordable" then ever. The taser incident and now this? I'm sure there are more problems to come this summer and beyond.

Wow, so the lower your income the worse your behavior?

Interesting theory. Doesn't really hold up though. I live in a very ritzy , well-known summer community (I'm one of the few year-round residents, and I live on the *other* side of the tracks, LOL), and can tell you that money doesn't buy class, friend. The trashiest people can be filthy rich, and some of the kindest, most compassionate people are dirt poor. In fact, if you really want to split hairs I'd dare say many people with higher incomes have an "entitlement" factor and are the ones who cause a lot of problems at WDW ("But I am staying in a $400 a night hotel! I should get a fastpass for everything!").

I'm sorry, but I don't know how anyone could not take offense at your comments.

AEfx

AEfx

This is exactly what I have been saying in the taser thread. Apparently, in my efforts to not offend, my point was completley lost. What happened to the civility that used to be so apparent at WDW, even after the rest of the world seemed to have lost it?

The civility that only money can buy?

You guys are digging in deep here, LOL.

AEfx

jvenegas

I attribute it to a surge of lower class of visitors to the parks. Disney's big campaign has been focused on being more "affordable" then ever. The taser incident and now this? I'm sure there are more problems to come this summer and beyond.

I think you're reaching here. You will find a_ _ holes in every class in society. The fact that you have a lower income does not mean that you will behave like an idiot the same as the fact that if you belong to a higher income class does not mean that you won't be one.:shrug:

joyDisney

Are you serious? Disney is more expensive than ever. Their 'more affordable' ads are full of it - and if you are (and have been for years) a Disney Visitor - you already know that. The only 'deal' is the ticket price difference between the 7 - 10 day tickets. If you choose to take a long weekend away – your often paying more than a whole weeks visit (park tickets). The resort prices are increasing. They add a summer rate and lengthen the 'value' rates, but still a price increase. Every year, prices 'creep' up $5 - $10 on tickets here and there. So no - I wouldn't say that Disney is more 'affordable', but the packages are better organized. Those few months of the year in early Fall when Disney unusally offers 'big deals' is during the school year. Some do, but most parents are not willing to take their kids out of school for a week so early in the school year. Some do - but most wouldn't think of it. A long weekend maybe, but not a whole week. But we can't forget that the ticket prices are often more or $3 differences for a 7 day vs a 4 day, so many just plan for the summer or spring break, or another break that will not take the kids away from school.

Instead of you equating the taser incident with un-ruled young adults and teenagers you equating their behavior with class – why?:shrug: Teenagers/Young Adults have been a nuisance since the beginning of time. They feel invincible and sometimes 'above the law'. Does their age excuse their behavior - absolutely NOT. Look at the behavior of the so called upper class (Paris Hilton in Jail, Brittney Spears, Nicole Richie, Lindsey Loghan driving drunk - don't forget she's only 20). The list can go on and on. The 'upper class' statement doesn't sit well - you'd do better blaming their age. I'd like to think that the average frequent visitor to Disney is near or considered Middle to Upper class.

AEfx

This isn't a 100% thing, but if you're going strictly by statistics, yes, what he said was true.

Care to expand upon what statistics you are referring to?

If you mean that crime in POVERTY stricken areas is higher, then yes, of course you would be correct. But you sound as if you have statistics about personal behavior and manners, which is what this thread is really about.

People who are poverty-stricken are not at WDW. WDW has simply become a bit more reasonable vacation to stay on site than it has before. $1600 for a family of 4 without airfare isn't a huge bargain when you consider a lot of options a family might take instead (a cabin at a lake for a week, etc.). Most working families do not take vacations that cost thousands of dollars. That is the market Disney has tried to reach, not those so affected by poverty they commit crimes (which is the only statistic you could possibly be talking about).

It is cheaper, comparatively, to go to WDW now with the plans they offer (free dining, magic your way, etc) then it was 10 years ago.

This is exactly true, but again cheaper to stay on-site specifically in most cases. It was only recently with the introduction of MYW that a family could have a 7-day WDW ticket without spending $350 for the whole super-dooper-pass. In broader strokes what Disney has done is make on-site more affordable to middle- and lower-middle class patrons so they stay on-site instead of off-site. This began with the construction of the CBR and progressed to the Values.

AEfx

AEfx

I think you're reaching here. You will find a_ _ holes in every class in society. The fact that you have a lower income does not mean that you will behave like an idiot the same as the fact that if you belong to a higher income class does not mean that you won't be one.:shrug:

As Suzanne Sugarbaker says, "Bad manners is worse than no money." :king:

AEfx

Angelsin616

When I was a kid (long time ago), my trips to WDW were special because nobody cussed, nobody fought. It was a magic place. As my generation grew up, coporal punishment was ended, kids started threatening their parents with CPS for basic punishment, and the lunatics took over the asylum. These factors are why we see more incidents of this type at Disney. It is no one gender, race, socio-economic bracket, religion, nationality. It just is, and I miss the magic.

happymom52003

Yes, if you cannot afford something that someone with more money CAN afford, you are of a lower class than them. Can't really argue that.

/quote]

Actually, I can argue that, and will:). Being able to "afford" or not afford something can have nothing to do with class, and I will use myself and my brother in law as an example. My brother in law is single with no kids, we have kids. He lives in a town where real estate prices are great, we live in a town where real esate prices are crazy high. We have 2 cars, he has one. We have the HUGE costs of raising a family, he does not. We are saving for 2 future college educations, he is not. He takes VERY expensive vacations several times a year, which he can easliy afford. We could never afford to vacation the way he does. My husband makes probably TWICE the amount of money his brother makes. So are we in a "lower" class than my brother in law? No. Just because you make "more money" than someone else does not always mean you can afford more. Everyone has different situations.

AEfx

When I was a kid (long time ago), my trips to WDW were special because nobody cussed, nobody fought. It was a magic place. As my generation grew up, coporal punishment was ended, kids started threatening their parents with CPS for basic punishment, and the lunatics took over the asylum. These factors are why we see more incidents of this type at Disney. It is no one gender, race, socio-economic bracket, religion, nationality. It just is, and I miss the magic.

I'll give you something there, LOL. Not sure I agree all the changes were bad (a lot of behavior that was exposed and is taboo now is wrong, IMO), but there definitely was a difference (and I'm not that much older than Pac-Man, which is why I feel strange saying it) between how a lot of kids are allowed to act today versus how it was even 20 years ago.

I behaved at WDW because...I was at WDW and greatful and I was taught to have good manners everywhere. I come from a small town where you say "Hi" to strangers you walk past, you hold the door at the convenience store for everyone (not just old ladies, but whomever is there), you say "Thank you" and clean up after yourself.

Now there is a great deal more tolerance for bad behavior, plain and simple. When I hear parents in trip reports talking about a non-develpmentally disabled 8-year-old having a "meltdown" I just shake my head and don't get it. Eight-year-olds having yelling-screaming-throwing temper tantrums in a theme park? Hey, we all could have bad attitudes and I'm sure none of us were angels (I sure wasn't), but at that age I would have been embarassed to act that way, yet you do see such behavior at WDW every day.

I'm not sure corporal punishment was the deciding factor, hehe, but I do think it was the move to parents needing to be so "liked" all the time. I certainly didn't "like" my parents a lot of the time, but for the most part the stuff I didn't like really was good for me. Who'd have thunk, LOL.

Of course, I'm sure people a generation or two above us will read this and laugh because they thought our generation were hellions...but the line I think has been crossed now is from private to public behavior. I could be a brat as a kid when I wanted to be (surprising to many, I am sure, LOL) but even my mom tells me today that she never worried about me out of the house 'cause i was only a brat at home, LOL. Other kids moms used to call her and compliment my manners (I kid you not...happened many times). I would have never misbehaved in public, again, because I would have embarassed myself. It seems now even that line has been crossed - I've seen so many of what I would consider grown kids at WDW having fits to get mommie and daddy to do what they want and don't care who sees them throw a fit. :)

Wow, what a thread drift. Sorry about that, LOL.

AEfx

happymom52003

I'll give you something there, LOL. Not sure I agree all the changes were bad (a lot of behavior that was exposed and is taboo now is wrong, IMO), but there definitely was a difference (and I'm not that much older than Pac-Man, which is why I feel strange saying it) between how a lot of kids are allowed to act today versus how it was even 20 years ago.

I behaved at WDW because...I was at WDW and greatful and I was taught to have good manners everywhere. I come from a small town where you say "Hi" to strangers you walk past, you hold the door at the convenience store for everyone (not just old ladies, but whomever is there), you say "Thank you" and clean up after yourself.

Now there is a great deal more tolerance for bad behavior, plain and simple. When I hear parents in trip reports talking about a non-develpmentally disabled 8-year-old having a "meltdown" I just shake my head and don't get it. Eight-year-olds having yelling-screaming-throwing temper tantrums in a theme park? Hey, we all could have bad attitudes and I'm sure none of us were angels (I sure wasn't), but at that age I would have been embarassed to act that way, yet you do see such behavior at WDW every day.

I'm not sure corporal punishment was the deciding factor, hehe, but I do think it was the move to parents needing to be so "liked" all the time. I certainly didn't "like" my parents a lot of the time, but for the most part the stuff I didn't like really was good for me. Who'd have thunk, LOL.

Of course, I'm sure people a generation or two above us will read this and laugh because they thought our generation were hellions...but the line I think has been crossed now is from private to public behavior. I could be a brat as a kid when I wanted to be (surprising to many, I am sure, LOL) but even my mom tells me today that she never worried about me out of the house 'cause i was only a brat at home, LOL. Other kids moms used to call her and compliment my manners (I kid you not...happened many times). I would have never misbehaved in public, again, because I would have embarassed myself. It seems now even that line has been crossed - I've seen so many of what I would consider grown kids at WDW having fits to get mommie and daddy to do what they want and don't care who sees them throw a fit. :)

Wow, what a thread drift. Sorry about that, LOL.

AEfx

I think you are right. And this is a problem everywhere, not just at WDW. And after teaching elem. school in a poor public district and at a rich private school, I can tell you that (at least at elem. age) it was the RICH ones that gave me the LEAST amount of respect. Had to throw that in for this arguement over having less money=bad behavior going on in this thread.

Champion

Yes, if you cannot afford something that someone with more money CAN afford, you are of a lower class than them. Can't really argue that.

/quote]

Actually, I can argue that, and will:). Being able to "afford" or not afford something can have nothing to do with class, and I will use myself and my brother in law as an example. My brother in law is single with no kids, we have kids. He lives in a town where real estate prices are great, we live in a town where real esate prices are crazy high. We have 2 cars, he has one. We have the HUGE costs of raising a family, he does not. We are saving for 2 future college educations, he is not. He takes VERY expensive vacations several times a year, which he can easliy afford. We could never afford to vacation the way he does. My husband makes probably TWICE the amount of money his brother makes. So are we in a "lower" class than my brother in law? No. Just because you make "more money" than someone else does not always mean you can afford more. Everyone has different situations.

You make more money than him, thus you spend more money then him. You would classify into a different tax bracket, thus you are of a different class. I don't see what your point was? He is spending it in different places, yes.

However. If you chose not to spend it on extra cars, and colleges, and everything else that you do (not saying this is logical or smart) then you would be able to afford the vacations the other person can, and even more because, as you said, your husband makes double what he does. Spending your money doesn't change your class. If you make double what he does, you are in a higher class. You CAN afford more than him, but you choose to spend the money elsewhere. Statement doesn't take into account where you spend it, just how much you make. Afford != actually purchase.

Care to expand upon what statistics you are referring to?

If you mean that crime in POVERTY stricken areas is higher, then yes, of course you would be correct. But you sound as if you have statistics about personal behavior and manners, which is what this thread is really about.

People who are poverty-stricken are not at WDW. WDW has simply become a bit more reasonable vacation to stay on site than it has before. $1600 for a family of 4 without airfare isn't a huge bargain when you consider a lot of options a family might take instead (a cabin at a lake for a week, etc.). Most working families do not take vacations that cost thousands of dollars. That is the market Disney has tried to reach, not those so affected by poverty they commit crimes (which is the only statistic you could possibly be talking about).

All I was referring to is that the lower the per capita income, the higher the crime rate. For the most part, this holds true everywhere. Now, this is different from respect and behavior issues, which I would agree, a lot of well-off people have a problem with ($250,000+ a year incomes). I'm not saying there are exceptions to this rule. But take the $30,000 a year income range and a $100,000 a year income range. Which has a higher crime rate? You can find both of those ranges at WDW.

wedway71

There are bad apples in every range of income.

Ive seen people with more money that god act like total trash. I have also seen people with not a pot to ______ in and would offer the one and only shirt of their back to someone in need.

disneydudette

Am I lower class? Yup.. at least thats what the state classifies me as and have been all my life.

So while your in Disney with the girl that opens and holds doors, offers her seat on the bus to the weary mom, helps the CM pick up the mess of a fallen plate, shares her parade spot with a kid standing behind her, and feeds the ducks around disney... be sure to give me a wave!:wave:

Money can buy you a lot of things in life folks... but the idea of respect, what's right or wrong, and appreciation isn't one of them.

OneLuckyMom

All I was referring to is that the lower the per capita income, the higher the crime rate. For the most part, this holds true everywhere. Now, this is different from respect and behavior issues, which I would agree, a lot of well-off people have a problem with ($250,000+ a year incomes). I'm not saying there are exceptions to this rule. But take the $30,000 a year income range and a $100,000 a year income range. Which has a higher crime rate? You can find both of those ranges at WDW.

Hmmm...and men commit crimes at a higher rate than women, according to statistics...so it's all Disney's fault for making it easy for MEN to come to the parks, darn them!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom