With Disney buying Marvel what park in WDW will be impacted by this?

EpcotServo

Well I think we are all pretty sure it would be DHS... and I'm also sure we all hope it won't be seen anywhere else. There is no need for it in the 3 other parks.

Even in DHS, it doesn't fit the formula. Nothing about superheroes fits with the theme of hollywood and putting you into the movies. They would have to make a show similar to Indy, but using superheroes. Im not sure about rides.

Not necessarily. Studios' theme is about you taking center stage, and being in the middle of Entertainment action. Comic Books are a HUGE part of Entertainment now and being a superhero is a universal entertainment dream. If done right, and done separately enough from Universal's attempt, Studios would be the park.

But I think it's not anything to think about in the immediate future. I think Disney will focus much more on what Marvel actually does before they consider the parks.

I do agree that plopping Marvel right in the middle of Studios is a highly stupid and unlikely idea though. Natural cooperation, like Disney and Pixar is what I'm looking forward too.
:D

jakeman

This seems like an interesting discussion about WDW. If only we had a section for that...

No park will be impacted in the forseeable future would be my guess.

JWG

According to a WDI insider, Uni may be looking to pull Marvel from IoA.

Yea, I just don't see it. To be replaced with what? In the long run I could see it once they have a replacement lined up. But that will take time.

While obviously a much much smaller scale, The Mall of America in Minnesota gave up the rights to use the Peanuts characters thus having to remove all related logos and merchandising of Camp Snoopy (the amusement park). They then coined it as "The Park at MoA" until they came to an agreement with Nickelodeon and it became Nickelodeon Universe. The 2 years or so it was "Park at MoA" were a worthless waste of time.

I just don't see Universal doing that until they've come to terms with DC or whoever. I'd agree they don't want to pay royalties to Disney, but in the short-term that's better than not having a theme.

In 5-10 years, yea I could see Universal exiting. In 1-3, I just don't.

LudwigVonDrake

For the foreseeable future, they will have the 5,000 Marvel characters take over as bus drivers. Wolverine will be driving your bus to the AK and they'll make it all part of the "magic" :lol:

DisneyPrincess5

After i read the news of Disney buying Marvel Entertainment i was wondering what WDW park would be impacted by the purchase. What sort of attractions could we see in the near future.
I'm not sure what kind of attractions, but I can only picture (and want) anything Marvel at DHS.
It just feels like it would belong there over any other park.

Unless they added the planet Krypton to the Epcot :lookaroun :lol:

WDWFREAK53

Nah, Beast would be better...endless banter about all the scientific names of the animals while he drives the bus hanging from the ceiling.

If it was DC, you could recreate the Amazon river at the Animal Kingdom and have Wonder Woman there. (You could plop her right into the Jungle Cruise! LOL)

Mr Toad

If it was DC, you could recreate the Amazon river at the Animal Kingdom and have Wonder Woman there. (You could plop her right into the Jungle Cruise! LOL)
I hear ya...would love to see Wonder Woman if it were DC. Could do the Savage Lands in AK or have T'Challa (Black Panther) be there.

fotofx

There wont be any change or impact at WDW. Universal has licensing for the Marvel characters East of the Mississippi and that would prohibit WDW from using them. Disneyland could do something but it would have to be marketed locally and not on a national level. I think Disney will just sit back and collect. They now not only get paid by Universal for the use of the characters but also a cut of the mandatory merchandising of the Marvel characters at the Universal Park. It is almost like Disney taking partial ownership of IOA... If you can't beat them...Buy them..

Tinkyroo

I think it could be reasonably easy to insert some of the Marvel characters into New York Street at the Studios. And perhaps instead of the old, dated, since I was in 5th grade Power Rangers thing could be replaced with Marvel characters. I would hate it though if they went anywhere near Epcot or MK with those guys.

^^ I agree! Disney would be lowering themselves to have Marvel in their parks. If I wanted to see super heroes I would get a $82 annual pass to Uni/Islands like my sister-in-law did. Does Disney really want to lower themselves to that? Why change the best, only magical, like no other park in the world? I am hoping this is just for licensing. I would have rather them spent the money on new much needed dark rides. :(

Tinkyroo

There wont be any change or impact at WDW. Universal has licensing for the Marvel characters East of the Mississippi and that would prohibit WDW from using them. Disneyland could do something but it would have to be marketed locally and not on a national level. I think Disney will just sit back and collect. They now not only get paid by Universal for the use of the characters but also a cut of the mandatory merchandising of the Marvel characters at the Universal Park. It is almost like Disney taking partial ownership of IOA... If you can't beat them...Buy them..

I hope so.

deWild

I think it could be reasonably easy to insert some of the Marvel characters into New York Street at the Studios. And perhaps instead of the old, dated, since I was in 5th grade Power Rangers thing could be replaced with Marvel characters. I would hate it though if they went anywhere near Epcot or MK with those guys.

This could definetely be an easy thing to do, put some webs around New York and Spiderman could swing down every so often, etc.. I, too, would hate Disney for even attempting to bring the Marvel characters within 500 feet of either MK or Epcot.

And panther726 I just have to say I like your signature :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom