• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

iMax

Maybe people should just wait to see it in person?

I mean I've already been able to see the fireworks being that I live real close to MK, I just really wanna hear the music and I probably won't be going to see the show in the park for another month or so.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Current laser technology doesn't really have the flicker you see on videos. The shutter speed of the cameras usually make it noticeable when in person it is not, or barely perceivable.

Well, the ones they added to the Mermaid show and Illuminations flicker when they try to spread out. The laser-written messages on Spaceship Earth flicker.

I hope these don't. But if they have the beam zipping back and forth, it would have to be at a really high velocity not to create visible flicker. There are no phosphor dots on a screen to 'hold' the image temporarily like on the old cathode ray tubes where an electron beams zips back and forth. It would be great if they use laser-projections, where the beam is spread out and then controlled by a masking screen to create intense beams of spread-out light; but, if it's just bouncing back and forth, they need to up their game in how fast the beam is being controlled. And even then, the further you get from the laser source, the more spread out the laser-image which only magnifies flicker since the beam now has to cover more area.

JediMasterMatt

"Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

Seeing the testing videos gets me in the mood to head back to Orlando much sooner than I was planning (this November). It wasn't AK's Smurf Village that's driving me to consider a return trip so soon, it's those delicious search lights. I've been playing around with hotels and airfare all morning long. I think I'll need to head down in early June. Oh well, it's only money and that's why I have a Premier Pass after all.

I'm glad to see it looks like this new show is getting the pyro budget it deserved. When I spoke to a few friends in the know (or somewhat in in the know) in January, the pyro budget was the only wildcard. They were prepping me for the worst case scenario of roughly the same budget as Wishes; but, spread over 17 minutes. It looks like HEA is getting what it needs to fill the extra run time. My only little quibble is that we will be losing the last thread of what used to be a great constant of the Magic Kingdom's Nighttime Spectacular lineup - introductions by Sir Jiminy and the Blue Fairy. It was always an nice tie in that made SpectroMagic and Wishes fit so well. It hasn't been the same since the former departed though.

When you combine the search light package and projections from Disneyland Forever with the larger tableau that is Cinderella Castle, the result should be great. My shutter finger is getting a bit twitchy just thinking about the possibilities. Below are some of the reasons why I'm getting anxious. I still have "undeveloped" my Ultimate Wishes Photos from my trip last January. It took many years and countless hours; but, I finally got the results I wanted. One of these days, I'll get all of these pictures of mine up online for everyone to enjoy. Until then... just use your Imagination.

Disneyland Forever's search light show
dl_f_2016-01-05_017.jpg
dl_f_2016-08-30_001.jpg

The "moment" in the show that created a photography obsession in me - Wishes Blue Fairy's Arrival
wishes_2015-01-30_001.jpg

Wishes with a little help from Celebrate the Magic's projection mapping (Photoshop Sorcery in the Sky)
wishes_2015-01-29_105.jpg

MatthewWho13

Well, the ones they added to the Mermaid show and Illuminations flicker when they try to spread out. The laser-written messages on Spaceship Earth flicker.

I hope these don't. But if they have the beam zipping back and forth, it would have to be at a really high velocity not to create visible flicker. There are no phosphor dots on a screen to 'hold' the image temporarily like on the old cathode ray tubes where an electron beams zips back and forth. It would be great if they use laser-projections, where the beam is spread out and then controlled by a masking screen to create intense beams of spread-out light; but, if it's just bouncing back and forth, they need to up their game in how fast the beam is being controlled. And even then, the further you get from the laser source, the more spread out the laser-image which only magnifies flicker since the beam now has to cover more area.

If they use the right hardware they can minimize it, With spaceship earth they are doing a long long throw and the mirrors on the lasers just can't flutter that fast.. Kinda how the outlines of the countries on SSE look normal but Siemens looks all Janky

brb1006

"Just when I thought I was out... they pull me back in!"

Seeing the testing videos gets me in the mood to head back to Orlando much sooner than I was planning (this November). It wasn't AK's Smurf Village that's driving me to consider a return trip so soon, it's those delicious search lights. I've been playing around with hotels and airfare all morning long. I think I'll need to head down in early June. Oh well, it's only money and that's why I have a Premier Pass after all.

I'm glad to see it looks like this new show is getting the pyro budget it deserved. When I spoke to a few friends in the know (or somewhat in in the know) in January, the pyro budget was the only wildcard. They were prepping me for the worst case scenario of roughly the same budget as Wishes; but, spread over 17 minutes. It looks like HEA is getting what it needs to fill the extra run time. My only little quibble is that we will be losing the last thread of what used to be a great constant of the Magic Kingdom's Nighttime Spectacular lineup - introductions by Sir Jiminy and the Blue Fairy. It was always an nice tie in that made SpectroMagic and Wishes fit so well. It hasn't been the same since the former departed though.

When you combine the search light package and projections from Disneyland Forever with the larger tableau that is Cinderella Castle, the result should be great. My shutter finger is getting a bit twitchy just thinking about the possibilities. Below are some of the reasons why I'm getting anxious. I still have "undeveloped" my Ultimate Wishes Photos from my trip last January. It took many years and countless hours; but, I finally got the results I wanted. One of these days, I'll get all of these pictures of mine up online for everyone to enjoy. Until then... just use your Imagination.

Disneyland Forever's search light show
View attachment 203658 View attachment 203659

The "moment" in the show that created a photography obsession in me - Wishes Blue Fairy's Arrival
View attachment 203660

Wishes with a little help from Celebrate the Magic's projection mapping (Photoshop Sorcery in the Sky)
View attachment 203662
I agree, I will miss Jiminy hosting the nighttime shows at MK the most. Hearing Jiminy's voice from Spectro to Wishes really felt like Jiminy was the announcer for the evening. I always pictured Jiminy doing the narration for Wishes inside the Cinderella Castle.

TTA94

So nobody knows what segments will be in HEA? Aside from what Disney has told us and what appears to be Ursula and Jafar as the only villains?

aladdin2007

How long will it take for them to release the soundtrack for HEA? Didnt Wishes' soundtrack release pretty close to show opening?

it would be nice, Im a junkie for collecting those if your referring to cd, but there isn't even a rivers of light soundtrack available so would not hold my breath for one, park specific merch has been kinda lousy lately. but we can hope.

TTA94

For the Zootopia segment im guessing they will be using the "Try Everything" song lol, maybe a fun segment using a lot of colored lasers and search lights :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom