• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

SpectroMan93

I went out yesterday (Saturday May 6th) to see Wishes one more time. The final weekend + unseasonably beautiful weather meant MK was SLAMMED busy. We picked a spot 30 minutes before Wishes and the Hub was already packed. (pic I took with my cell of the view ahead of me)

View attachment 203374
Imagine how that will look on Thursday. My family plans on staking out a spot 2-3 hours before the final performance. Hopefully that will be enough time.

MissM

Imagine how that will look on Thursday. My family plans on staking out a spot 2-3 hours before the final performance. Hopefully that will be enough time.
Yeah the entire park was just one, massive line. It was SO busy. The good side was I was able to pick up the Passholder Wishes tee and see it once more. But it was definitely not enjoyable in terms of crowds and wait times. (FP+ had lines!) Thursday should be a nightmare. Good luck!

SpectroMan93

Yeah the entire park was just one, massive line. It was SO busy. The good side was I was able to pick up the Passholder Wishes tee and see it once more. But it was definitely not enjoyable in terms of crowds and wait times. (FP+ had lines!) Thursday should be a nightmare. Good luck!
Haha, thanks! Definitely going to be a nightmare, but I think it'll be worth it. The energy of the crowd is going to be insane, and I couldn't pass a chance to say goodbye.

Figment82

I went out yesterday (Saturday May 6th) to see Wishes one more time. The final weekend + unseasonably beautiful weather meant MK was SLAMMED busy. We picked a spot 30 minutes before Wishes and the Hub was already packed. (pic I took with my cell of the view ahead of me)

View attachment 203374

We were there last night too; we were further back by Casey's and the Ice Cream Parlor. Crowd control was non-existent before, during, and for about 10 minutes afterwards. It was downright frightening for a while. I remember there being a crosswalk taped on the ground in that area before, and apparently others did too, as people tried to shove double wide strollers across the street when there was barely enough room to even turn in place.

After having been in DL just a week ago, I was appalled at how poorly the MK crowds were being handled. I haven't watched Wishes from the Main Street/Hub area in years and now I remember why! I wouldn't touch Thursday night with a 20-foot pole, but good luck to all you brave souls who will be!

jrhwdw

For the Wishes finale does anyone think they will do anything special? Extra fireworks maybe? Perimeters?

I hope they do one last perimeter glow with the show.

I'm missing the Castle Dream Lights right now! That Wishes finale was stunning!!!! I'm assuming HEA won't use the lights once November comes.

Speaking of 180, any media nights or park buyouts coming? HEA with the 180 would be interesting! I'm not expecting 180 this week. Could be wrong but doubt it.

Anyone know what time testing starts tonight? Maybe closer to park close?

InsideDisney

After having been in DL just a week ago, I was appalled at how poorly the MK crowds were being handled. I haven't watched Wishes from the Main Street/Hub area in years and now I remember why! I wouldn't touch Thursday night with a 20-foot pole, but good luck to all you brave souls who will be!
I hope Mk won't do what DL does with the crowds, I like it the way it is. It gives you freedom to walk around during shows unlike in DL where you have to be standing in the very tight spot for hours.

Surfin' Tuna

Okay...Okay...I'm still going to miss Wishes, but this new show looks pretty amazing! Well that and they announced this test, so I'm hoping we can avoid a repeat of the other night.

SpectroMan93

Searching Twitter shows that testing has been going for the past hour. OrlandoUnited posted an 18 second clip of testing from the MK parking lot. There indeed are a lot of pyrotechnics, and one very colorful one suggests there will be quite a wide variety of them. And hopefully that will be the last of the spoilers for me. :joyfull:

Surfin' Tuna

The wife pulled out the camera for the very end of the test, so I don't have anything to show for spoilers. I'm not sure anyone wants to see them anyway, but they look great! I'm still worried it will not have that same emotional pull that Wishes seems to have on so many, but I'm sure I'll buy a HEA T-shirt of two in a few years when they announce it's ending.

Kylo Ken

Local Idiot
Screenshot_2017-05-07-09-18-46.png
I was there on Saturday night as well and can attest to the fact that it was incredibly busy. CMs lost control of the crowds over by Liberty Square and Adventureland entrances to the Hub. It was pure chaos. I have to admit though, guests were being respectful towards each other and were squishing as much as possible to let people watch.

Also, last night I was able to see and hear the pyrotechnics being tested. It sounded pretty impressive. Can't wait to see the show!

MatthewWho13

And insert my anti-laser rant here:

Lasers that go pew pew or simply point are fine. But when they try to 'draw' a planar shape in the smoke in the air or a illustration on a surface, they suck. They suck mightily. Because they flicker and that is annoying. Like shows where the spotlight hits your eyes or the view is blocked or a speaker is busted, doesn't matter how good the show is, there's something annoying and taking you out of a show.

And lasers using 70's technology still to 'draw' things and flicker worse than an old office fluorescent light is that annoyance.

To me.

Otherwise, looks and sounds great!!

Current laser technology doesn't really have the flicker you see on videos. The shutter speed of the cameras usually make it noticeable when in person it is not, or barely perceivable.

iMax

Can we talk about how videos of the show on opening night won't even be watchable due to the fact that all the guest (75% cast members) are going to be "WOOOO"ing and screaming throughout the whole show..:bored:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom