Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
For me I am only paying $13.50 to go to DHS. At that price it's not a bad deal. Here's the math. If I'm at WDW I'm doing 2 days at MK and 1 at EPCOT minimum. 3 day ticket = $262. A 5 day ticket costs $289. For the extra $27 I get a day at DHS and a day at AK so $13.50 each. I would have a hard time paying $90 to go to DHS for 1 day, but I have never had to.
But what if you decided to go to DHS during the first three days?

Then that park just cost you 87.33. :D

GoofGoof

Premium Member
But what if you decided to go to DHS during the first three days?

Then that park just cost you 87.33. :D

Then I get into MK for $13.50 which is a great bargain:). Plus I always do DHS last in case I get sick or a hurricane rolls in or something crazy...gotta get the good stuff in first.

doctornick

What Disney SHOULD do is bring the budget of a 5th gate to fix the current parks.

MK needs another ride in Adventureland
EPCOT needs an Imagination, Seas, and Energy overhaul and a new WS attraction
DHS needs 3-4 family rides
AK needs about five more rides

After that, THEN they have my permission for a 5th gate.;)

I certainly agree. Though I would argue that MK doesn't need another ride (would be cool, but not as necessary as all the other parks need them) and I'd focus on putting actual attractions in WoL in Epcot before worrying about modifying currently working attractions. I also think Seas with Nemo is fine as is, even if it is not my favorite.

My main concern about the DHS overhaul is that they are taking out 3+ current attractions to put in the planned new stuff. So, not only do they have to make up for what is being replaced, but they have to also create the needed additional rides for the park. As I've said elsewhere, I hope they come up with something like 7-9 total attractions among the Star Wars/Cars/Pixar stuff that they plan to add (not all need to be rides, other attractions are fine, though it should be ride heavy given the current offerings).

RSoxNo1

Quite true that FP+ will make the stand-by lines worse, and in part (or in full) is why there will be interactive queues (Disney also said it was because they asked guests in surveys what the number one dislike of a visit was, and it was waiting in lines.)
Wait... people don't like waiting in lines? Has Disney's crack team of survey takers revealed anything else? Do they like high prices? I won't know unless there's a survey.

Where are the surveys about the decline in food quality since the Dining Plan has overtaken all things food related? What about the surveys after Everest about how guests feel about the broken yeti?

Dear Disney, if you want meaningful survey results, ask meaningful questions.

Goofyernmost

Wait... people don't like waiting in lines? Has Disney's crack team of survey takers revealed anything else? Do they like high prices? I won't know unless there's a survey.

Where are the surveys about the decline in food quality since the Dining Plan has overtaken all things food related? What about the surveys after Everest about how guests feel about the broken yeti?

I'm pretty sure that in a past survey that found out that the public is tired of getting more than they paid for and that cutting things to do would make their trip easier to plan. I'm also positive that during that same survey they discovered that Disney has been making the resort rooms to large. If they are going to spend all kinds of money on reservations, they surely do not want to have to wander around a room that is so big that it takes forever to decide where to sit. :rolleyes:o_O:confused:;)

Captain Neo

Continuation of my last post:

WHAT YOU LOSE WITH BACKLOT
Backlot Tour
Lights Motors Action

WHAT YOU GET WITH CARS LAND
Cars Dark Ride
Junkyard Jamboree
Flo's V8 Cafe
Cozy Cone Food Court
Radiator Springs Curios
Sarge's Surplus Hut
Ramone's Paint Shop
Fillmore's

That sounds like a lot more of an expansion than replacement

Lmao we now count gift shops and food courts as major attractions here at Disney World? What a sad state of affairs

Pixiedustmaker

My main concern about the DHS overhaul is that they are taking out 3+ current attractions to put in the planned new stuff. So, not only do they have to make up for what is being replaced, but they have to also create the needed additional rides for the park.

And don't forget that if they take out 3 current attractions, and put in Carsland, you'll have more guests visting DHS, and ever more strain on what is left.

Also, assuming it takes them years to build Carsland, they'll be in the hole 3 attractions . . . building Carsland was OK at DCA because DCA only got about 5-6 million visits, and they had opened Mermaid and had World of Color as new offerings, and most importantly, Carsland was built on a parking lot that was not a guest area. DHS does have a yearly attendance target, after all.

LMA is sort of like the Fantasyland theatre in Disneyland, a space hog, but because it can be repurposed with new shows indefinitely, they wouldn't want to get ride of it. Wasn't residential street demolished in 2003? And LMA built in 2005? Even if they did away with the stunt show, can't see Disney junking that seating area that is very new when you realize that Videopolis/Fantasyland theater has been around since 1985.

If DHS got Carsland, I think they would build it in the parking lot while the hordes at DHS are, for the most part, blissfully unaware of the construction. The bonus would be that DHS would have Carsland, plus all of the old stuff, which could then be upgraded. If Backlot can't be fixed, then most likely it, and it alone, could be closed and used with that empty soundstage for a Pixar attraction.

Even if they built Carsland in the parking lot (and built a parking garage), it would still be so hot in the summer . . . I think that the custom-built areas of NFL are the best parts, BoG, ETwB, and 7DMT looks better than Mermaid, which was cloned and kinda doesn't fit with its queue.

FrankLapidus

Pixiedustmaker, I think one of many posters issues with your posts is that you ignore reality to push your fanboi dreams. You keep mentioning a 5th gate and tie capacity at DHS and DAK into you reasoning that a 5th gate is not only inevitable, but just around the corner. Yes, both DAK and DHS have HORRIBLE capacity issues, but it is not too many guests (i.e.:capacity) that is the issue as much as the fact that both parks are PAINFULLY (I can't capitalize that enough) short on rides. WDW will be ready for a 5th gate when all 4 parks have at least 25 rides. and since DHS has 5 and DAK has 6, we are at least 25 years away from breaking ground on a 5th gate.

You've well and truly struck the nail firmly on the head there.

Captain Neo

Just a returning "friend" trying to yet again crash the party....:rolleyes:

damn what did I miss? I dislike how this forum deletes and censors stuff. I wish it was like other forums where they just lock the thread and ban people if things get out of hand instead of hiding stuff.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
damn what did I miss? I dislike how this forum deletes and censors stuff. I wish it was like other forums where they just lock the thread and ban people if things get out of hand instead of hiding stuff.

The poster was banned, and his posts were deleted. Nothing was hidden.....

baymenxpac

big, big ups to @pheneix for his insight and his patience in dealing with the nonsense.

i seem to say this every 6 months or so, but the insiders don't get nearly enough credit for sharing the valuable info they do. i hope everyone takes a step back from time to time and realizes just how much incredible business insight is shared during our discourse.

thanks to pheneix, @Lee, @WDW1974, @articos, @marni1971, and anyone else i'm leaving out.

The Empress Lilly

I think it is much worse.

I think surveys perfectly well reveal to TDO that guests, in fact, are on the whole not at all bothered by the Yeti, nor do the swine care much about what garbage you throw in their through.

There is however a very real collapse in guest tolerance for lines.

Maybe it is all connected. Maybe classic, sophiticated WDW swapped its audience of discerning, patient, middle class guests for a collection of undereducated, ADHD, piggies without taste.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom