Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

Rteetz

All they have to do is move it to the other end of the street...you pass under the hat which symbolizes your entrance into the magical world of Hollywood and the Movies... ... The Hat is still used but as more of an entrance thing, it doesn't mess up any of the sight lives, and everyone would be happy...
I actually like this idea. The hat is the entrance to the park which it's still an icon and reopens the view of the theater. Personally I like the hat it self just not where it is. Sorcerer Mickey is a big thing in Disney the Disneyland hotel has a hat, and one of the Disney company buildings has one too. So far this is the best idea I've seen.

Travel Junkie

I respect your opinion but I disagree. It's a combination of things that allowed WDW to slip so low. I do not believe the argument over the hat is a microcosm of the current problem with Disney as a whole, but evidently, you do.

We can both agree though, that quality has slipped substantially.

You are right in that a number of things have led to WDW slipping, one of them being customer acceptance of a declining product at an ever increasing price. Whether or not the hat is a part of that argument is up for debate, but in my opinion it is indicative of WDW customers accepting and even liking an item that doesn’t belong in a particular land. An item this grossly out of place would simply not last this long in most other Disney resorts around the world.

lazyboy97o

All they have to do is move it to the other end of the street...you pass under the hat which symbolizes your entrance into the magical world of Hollywood and the Movies... ... The Hat is still used but as more of an entrance thing, it doesn't mess up any of the sight lives, and everyone would be happy...
All that accomplishes is restoring the view of the Chinese Theater. It still perpetuates the notion that Disney theme parks have to be what people already know as Disney.

TheBeastMom

I've not been to one of their water parks since 1999. They take too much out of the day and the weather is 'iffy' for swimming when I visit.

Hershey Park has a wave pool and some other water features. Since we go to the Animal Kingdom in swim suits with cover ups for the water ride....I wouldn't mind doing it to enjoy a water break in DHS.

They could integrate it into the Star Wars area with underwater stuff from that one planet (WITH OUT Jar Jar Binks)

Big Bad Wolf

Beauty and the Beast Live Show...been there done that..try to update the show with Rapunzel and you have a packed audience. Move over to the Voyage of the Little Mermaid...transform this theatre into a live Frozen show and you have utter madness. Meet and greet for the frozen sisters in the animation building and you'll need to have increased security. Turn the backlot hot sets by Toy Story Mania into a version of Ratatouille from Paris and you have an instant hit. Bring a watered down Carsland to the area covered by Lights, Motors, Action! And you will have incredible lines. Keep the backlot but turn Honey I Shrunk The kids playground into Bugs Life..... there's room to bring additional kiddie rides to make it kid friendly (like DCA) ...instant hit. Take out the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular and use the ground to add a huge addition onto StarWars. Mega Hit on your hands....Last, but not least, update the tired Great Movie Ride..it deserves a major facelift. You instantly have a two day park on your hands for the full family to enjoy. P.S. Move the hat over to Fantasmic. What an entrance! It would be a great addition to the show.

CDavid

Since we go to the Animal Kingdom in swim suits with cover ups for the water ride....I wouldn't mind doing it to enjoy a water break in DHS.

That's a really big reason for not having water parks integrated within or adjacent to the theme parks. Swimwear is appropriate for water parks; It is decidedly inappropriate for theme parks. Consider especially Epcot, with its roster of indoor, more sophisticated attractions and finer, table-service restaurants - and just imagine swimsuits in The American Adventure or dining in France.

Guest attire is sometimes bad enough already.

doctornick

I'd love to see the hat moved to another location and add the two "ear" ferris wheels from the original plan -- that would be a nice addition to DHS if they put it in the corner of the park somewhere.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
the hat is recognized everywhere.. which means is iconic. even if its theme ruining "decoration".
It should have been put somewhere else, but the Hat itself isnt that bad.
You guys are putting a lot of hate and fury towards the hat itself when in reality the real problem is the PLACEMENT (as in position of it.)
...as has been discussed to death in multiple other threads...

Beholder

If the bha existed in a place of appropriate context, then of course it wouldn't be "bad". The problem though is that it located completely out of context and what's worse, it destroys a thematic idea that was DESIGNED into the creation of the park. It's a big, goofy looking cartoon hat placed among what was supposed to be a realistic, with embellishment of course, idealized Hollywood. Not everything has to have DISNEY slap you across the face when you look at it. It's such an affront to MGM/DHS look, it makes looking at pre-BAH photos just more frustrating.

Goofyernmost

It probably because many people find it wise to choose what hill they want to die on. Besides being a massive amount of over thinking why someone would like the hat, it is incorrect. There are now a large number of guests who have never seen DHS any other way. I don't think that they are ignoring everything around it, in fact, they probably appreciate it more then we do because they have seen it no other way. As far as giving approval to those complacent in allowing it to happen, well, I guess they either, 1) weren't aware that they were supposed to get all about a stupid hat in a theme park, or 2) if it bothered them, didn't figure it to be worthy of a lot of concern.

Kman101

If people want to speculate and discuss the BAH, what's the big deal in that? It's not like they're giving us much else to discuss at the moment.

Beholder

If people want to speculate and discuss the BAH, what's the big deal in that? It's not like they're giving us much else to discuss at the moment.

This actually may have a lot to do with some of us railing against the BAH. It's a vacuum, so were going to fill it. And besides, it's kind of fun beating up on the BAH.

Cesar R M

...as has been discussed to death in multiple other threads...
yet people keep bring it up to stir the hate.. is it my fault then?

Apart from that....Reading a lot of these threads makes me wonder if people hate the hat and show said hate with such ridiculous fervour to look "cool" in the eye of other "true disney fans".

This actually may have a lot to do with some of us railing against the BAH. It's a vacuum, so were going to fill it. And besides, it's kind of fun beating up on the BAH.
Seems its a new sport in the forums (the blasting the hat thing I mean..).

It probably because many people find it wise to choose what hill they want to die on. Besides being a massive amount of over thinking why someone would like the hat, it is incorrect. There are now a large number of guests who have never seen DHS any other way. I don't think that they are ignoring everything around it, in fact, they probably appreciate it more then we do because they have seen it no other way. As far as giving approval to those complacent in allowing it to happen, well, I guess they either, 1) weren't aware that they were supposed to get all about a stupid hat in a theme park, or 2) if it bothered them, didn't figure it to be worthy of a lot of concern.
Agree!

My annoyance is;l how you instantly get labelled as "idiot" if you did not hate the hat.
Its like there is some sort of vibe in the forums where, to be part of the "cool group".. you MUST hate the hat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom