Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

huis14

Beauty and the Beast Live Show...been there done that..try to update the show with Rapunzel and you have a packed audience. Move over to the Voyage of the Little Mermaid...transform this theatre into a live Frozen show and you have utter madness. Meet and greet for the frozen sisters in the animation building and you'll need to have increased security. Turn the backlot hot sets by Toy Story Mania into a version of Ratatouille from Paris and you have an instant hit. Bring a watered down Carsland to the area covered by Lights, Motors, Action! And you will have incredible lines. Keep the backlot but turn Honey I Shrunk The kids playground into Bugs Life..... there's room to bring additional kiddie rides to make it kid friendly (like DCA) ...instant hit. Take out the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular and use the ground to add a huge addition onto StarWars. Mega Hit on your hands....Last, but not least, update the tired Great Movie Ride..it deserves a major facelift. You instantly have a two day park on your hands for the full family to enjoy. P.S. Move the hat over to Fantasmic. What an entrance! It would be a great addition to the show.

That post right ^there^ is awesome. I loved almost every single one of your ideas. Good stuff.

Beholder

So what is their motivation to remove it? Keeps folks occupied. :)

True perhaps, there are bigger issues that should be addressed, but maybe, for some, the BAH is sort of symbolic of what some feel is wrong with WDW/TDO? I don't fixate on the hat, but I get the discontent. I wish it would be removed, but, It's all good though.

Fantasmicguy

Our kids grew up at the three parks....we've been DVC members since 93'. When they put the hat up in front of the Chinese Theatre my teen son said, 'WHY THERE?'

We discussed it between the family and agreed that as a STUDIO park the GMR was a focal point when entering.

I have no further dollars to spend in the Orlando area....as a DVC member and Annual Pass holder I'm not losing travel time to leave the property.

I am sorry they aren't bringing Carsland to Orlando. I went west and it was great fun (Even Luigi's ride).

Our kids (25,28 and 36) ride all the RRC and TOT but hubby and I would rather do Toy Story Mania over and over...which is impossible because all the FP have been given out the last 3 trips we've been there.

They lost the glamour when they stopped developing and advertising the film work done on the property.

Fantasmic is a crap shoot, if you sit close you miss the scope of the show, if you set back you can't see the details (or you need binoculars). It's one of those shows that if you see it once....you don't have to go back. WHAT COULD THEY PUT THERE??

Seems that if they built a resort around DHS it may claim more people....or add a small water park that would be useful in the heat of July/August. They could call it Sunshine Alley.

In Ohio and Pa. the amusement parks have the wave pools and flumes and lounge chairs giving attendees a chance to cool off in the water and STAY in the park instead of leaving to relax.
Wait you don't like the fantasmic? Smh..
:jawdrop::eek::(:(

doctornick

I don't like the fact that Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror is a dead end

They need to build a pathway from around RNR to Animation Courtyard. That would also free up some currently backstage areas for use for more guest space. Yes, that would mean having to move around backstage services (probably the key thing is to move the CM dining area to a different location -- bulldozing that would enable a pathway to be placed into a courtyard).

GoofGoof

Premium Member
They need to build a pathway from around RNR to Animation Courtyard. That would also free up some currently backstage areas for use for more guest space. Yes, that would mean having to move around backstage services (probably the key thing is to move the CM dining area to a different location -- bulldozing that would enable a pathway to be placed into a courtyard).
While they are building new pathways hopefully they will throw in a few new rides too;).

doctornick

While they are building new pathways hopefully they will throw in a few new rides too;).

Personally, if they were to build a connection between Animation Courtyard and RNR, I think that is the perfect place for some smaller scale dark rides to round out the park -- stuff like Mr. Toads or a copy of the Roger Rabbit ride, which don't really fit thematically anywhere else. Or just make a Toontown type mini-land, which was considered for DHS in the past, with the premise being that this is where Mickey and company "work" as opposed to DLR where they "live".

Disneyhead'71

Personally, if they were to build a connection between Animation Courtyard and RNR, I think that is the perfect place for some smaller scale dark rides to round out the park -- stuff like Mr. Toads or a copy of the Roger Rabbit ride, which don't really fit thematically anywhere else. Or just make a Toontown type mini-land, which was considered for DHS in the past, with the premise being that this is where Mickey and company "work" as opposed to DLR where they "live".
What about some really nice benches with FP+ priority seating.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
What about some really nice benches with FP+ priority seating.
Sadly, I'd take that too.
Agreed. They need to add some additional capacity, even small stuff, if they ever plan to close Indy and some other stuff to make room for SW.

Disneyhead'71

Sadly, I'd take that too.

Agreed. They need to add some additional capacity, even small stuff, if they ever plan to close Indy and some other stuff to make room for SW.
Hahahahahhaha!!!!! People actually think Disney is going to build new rides at DHS. It has taken them 25 years to work their way up to 6 rides. At this rate, we will be up to 8 rides by 2075.

RSoxNo1

I'm on board. This would be a cool area to build facades for use for the Osborne Lights as well.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
That post right ^there^ is awesome. I loved almost every single one of your ideas. Good stuff.

I thought it was perfect too, but I'd change the location of the rapunzel and frozen show and swap them out. It would make more sense to put the utter chaos in a bigger facility :p

omurice

Suggested thread title change: Why (next to) nothing is being rebuilt at Hollywood Studios at this time.
That is the real question, isn't it?

doctornick

Suggested thread title change: Why (next to) nothing is being rebuilt at Hollywood Studios at this time.
That is the real question, isn't it?

The ironic real question is that the factors that @pheneix talked about in this thread are absolutely still in play. TDO/Burbank still have every reason to do a major "Project Sparkle" renovation to DHS. The Frozen stuff is a nice little diversion for the summer, but the park needs a huge investment. And needs it now.

doctornick

They need to add some small stuff regardless -- DHS is really lacking "filler" C-ticket type rides to round out the experience and be more family/non-thrill seeking accessible. The park actually has solid headliner rides (though it can use some more) but completely lacks the rides that fills out the day. The park also kinda lacks the walk-aroundable/atmosphere aspects of other WDW parks; part of that problem is the haphazard layout.

Putting some on stage stuff in the area between RNR and Animation Courtyard would help to open up the park (not only connecting those areas, but you could also have a path from the middle of the quick serve stuff (i.e. Fairfax Fair, et al) on Sunset. Would really help with the traffic flow in and out of Sunset Blvd. And I think the area that I'm talking about would be easy to use. You'd have to remove "Take Five Cafe" (CM cafeteria behind Disney Jr) but other than that it's mostly just parking in the area. There's plenty of room for something like 2 rides + quick serve + M&G and since it's all backstage currently, it could be accessed pretty easily to add stuff.

Hell, you want to put in a Frozen miniland? That's where you do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom