Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

WDW1974

Well the concern is that Dusty and friends are making up their own news and "filling in the blanks" just to get clicks which is probably the oldest game on the internet. I wish there was a way of knowing what's coming from Lutz and whats not. I mean I can start a blog tomorrow where I take the insider news bits from @WDW1974 and then try to fill in the gaps with what else is going on to spice up the story but that destroys the credibility of the news.

Dusty is an honorable guy and I don't for a second think he'd ever steal 'my news' or anyone else's. I am quite sure that his info is coming from Lutz and Al's sources. That site broke the news of Monstropolis (any typos belong to the effing keyboard I am using, I love tech!), which turns out to be true. They didn't break. Star Wars. I'm not sure who did exactly. It all was leaked around the same time. The Soarin' news was simply explained on their site. The Soarin' theaters have been on the SDL renderings from Day 1 and it didn't take a genius to figure out there would be a new film and that the very cheap WDC would immediately want to stick it in the USA parks.

There are plenty of slugs out there in the social media realm who cruise my posts and 'borrow' the info with no credit, but Dusty/Todd isn't one.

Anyway, time for some Spirited musings on another MAGICal thread near you.

flynnibus

Premium Member
It's just easier for an old codger like me who has been reading Lutz for 15 years on various forums to say "Al Lutz". Kind of like when I go to Kentucky Fried Chicken but I say I'm going to see "the Colonel". Colonel Sanders has been dead for decades, God rest his good soul. :D

It's simple... the decision on what is posted, and whose credibility on on the line is now Micechat's crew... not Lutz. So even if some of the info is coming from Lutz or his sources... what else is in or out is no longer Lutz's editorial.

This isn't simply a name change like a brand renaming where you still prefer to call it MGM instead of DHS. This is a change in staff, writers, whose name is on the line, and decision on what gets posted or not.

While you may associate Lee Iacocca with Chrysler due to his history with the company and he used to speak for the company.. when Chrysler acts today, you don't assume Iacocca's image and credibility.. even if Iacocca was consulted prior to the company acting.

RSoxNo1

Well the concern is that Dusty and friends are making up their own news and "filling in the blanks" just to get clicks which is probably the oldest game on the internet. I wish there was a way of knowing what's coming from Lutz and whats not. I mean I can start a blog tomorrow where I take the insider news bits from @WDW1974 and then try to fill in the gaps with what else is going on to spice up the story but that destroys the credibility of the news.
The sources are still there.

Jimmy Thick

Lets bump this thread and watch "insiders" try to explain all these supposed rumors that just...

Haven't panned out yet.

Or been announced.

Where is Carsland? Star Wars land? Anything at DHS?

Maybe something will happen by 2020, I still have hope the "insiders" know what they are talking about.

* Chuckles *

Jimmy Thick- So open ended, something is just bound to happen eventually, and then someone, somewhere will be "right".

Tim_4

Lets bump this thread and watch "insiders" try to explain all these supposed rumors that just...

Haven't panned out yet.

Or been announced.

Where is Carsland? Star Wars land? Anything at DHS?

Maybe something will happen by 2020, I still have hope the "insiders" know what they are talking about.

* Chuckles *

Jimmy Thick- So open ended, something is just bound to happen eventually, and then someone, somewhere will be "right".
Cars is out. Star Wars is in. Avatar plods along.

lazyboy97o

So I guess Western River Expedition was never real since it was developed but never actually opened. Same goes for Discovery Bay and Dumbo's Circusland. Or Edison Square and Liberty Street. Or the Spain, Switzerland, Israel and Equatorial Africa Pavilions. Or Beastly Kingdom. Or the Space Pavilion. Or Cyprus Point. Or Hyperion Wharf. Need I go on?

SirLink

Cars is out. Star Wars is in. Avatar plods along.

Well my trip to DHS in 2018-2020 will increase my hours in the park by 45-60min extra so what is that 12pm that I'll be departing. Oh well hope the next CEO is going to invest 'big' into what drives attendance at theme parks.

BrianLo

I just don't see Disney in a position where they have to add anything to DHS.

DHS has less attractions than WDS, but I definitely concede it is the 2nd worst park, not the 1st. Still, that's a remarkable problem.

Nothing has changed, they said all along budgets would be approved (or not) in the fall. If someone says something is six months out and you whine nothing has changed at the 3 month mark, it doesn't make them wrong, just makes you impatient.

It also doesn't take a genius to read between the lines from D23 (where the insiders accurately said all along nothing would be officially announced just hinted). Star Wars is blatantly coming.

Fairybuzz

DHS has less attractions than WDS, but I definitely concede it is the 2nd worst park, not the 1st. Still, that's a remarkable problem.

Nothing has changed, they said all along budgets would be approved (or not) in the fall. If someone says something is six months out and you whine nothing has changed at the 3 month mark, it doesn't make them wrong, just makes you impatient.

It also doesn't take a genius to read between the lines from D23 (where the insiders accurately said all along nothing would be officially announced just hinted). Star Wars is blatantly coming.

Wait Walt Disney Studios paris? the park with like 6 rides and a fountain?

I think and people are going to hate me for this, that HK disneyland is a worse park than DHS. Other than the latest stuff, it seemed like a watered down disneyland where one ride in each land represents the entire land, like pooh for all the darkrides small world for all the boat rides etc.

Anywho, I really do like the old time atmosphere of the park. At least the front of the park. It's all very nice old hollywood style and reminds me of old movies I saw in the early 90s like Roger Rabbit and Dick Tracy then suddenly past star tours its just like a jumble of sets and backstage stuff and that stunt show that wrecked residential street and made the tour really lame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom