Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

doctornick

I would more expect a Star Wars 3d film to replace Muppet-Vision 3D or a new venue in DHS, than replace EO. So many rumors about Starwars taking up that whole side of the park and other not-starwars rumors as an EO replacement in Epcot.

Or for that matter, they could use the Sounds Dangerous theater or the AIE in DHS for said Star Wars 3D film.

SirLink

1. WDI is backing away from their plan to add the Laugh Floor to Tomorrowland in the Captain EO space. Instead they are working on a new 3D show based on the Star Wars franchise. Lutz didn't mention WDW, but this would obviously be an option for the Captain EO space at Imagination in Epcot.

2. WDI now has plans to update Star Tours in 2015, using the upcoming 2015 Star Wars movie and its destinations/characters as plotlines for the updated Star Tours. Lutz didn't mention WDW, but this would obviously also be an option for Star Tours at DHS.

1. This is the value engineered show that was going to go in DLP in their 3D space. If it does come expect it to go where Muppets currently is.

2. Obviously but you failed to mention that it has to go through "The Office where 1000 Bonus' Shine" before it gets its way into a WDW park.

SirLink

That just leave us with this Chilling Challenge; to find out what they've got planned for Captain EO in Epcot!

1)Disney will reshoot MuppetVision 3D and replace Waldo with Figment
2)Disney will convert to convert to convention space.
3)Disney will completely gut the space and replace with nothing.

It'll be one of the above.

aladdin2007

There has to be more to the plan than the 2 or 3 option. True EO is going bye bye but if 2 or 3 is all that happens then its the end of Epcot, for me anyway. Prices keep skyrocketing yet they keep taking away, no more large pavilions sitting there empty or convention space its getting ridiculous. With Epcot now under Magnums helm, Im hoping theres got to be something more in the works for that location. Though it will prob take them years to do it.

WDWFanDave

If it's not #1 (not that it's my first choice, but of the three listed it's the only worthwhile one), I am quite certain I will not return to EPCOT for a very, very long time, if ever.

#2 and #3 are depressing :( and maddening :mad: and will end up causing much of this >:banghead::arghh:

SirLink

There has to be more to the plan than the 2 or 3 option. True EO is going bye bye but if 2 or 3 is all that happens then its the end of Epcot, for me anyway. Prices keep skyrocketing yet they keep taking away, no more large pavilions sitting there empty or convention space its getting ridiculous. With Epcot now under Magnums helm, Im hoping theres got to be something more in the works for that location. Though it will prob take them years to do it.

Doesn't matter it comes through "The Office where 1000 Bonus' Shine", cheaper to run with no show than place a 3D show that requires maintenance...I've given up all hope for WDW.

aladdin2007

Doesn't matter it comes through "The Office where 1000 Bonus' Shine", cheaper to run with no show than place a 3D show that requires maintenance...I've given up all hope for WDW.

Then I hope they have another public outcry to deal with like the last time they tried taking figment away. I agree though Ill give up too if the whole thing just gets shuttered with no plan.

Magenta Panther

I would think it would be cool if muppet vision 3d was moved to where captain EO is now at epcot and the figment ride was redone using the muppets.

NO FREAKING WAY. Bring back Figment and Dreamfinder - which are original Disney characters, not overpriced unnecessary acquisitions - and replace EO with something new, original and classic Disney.

Goofyernmost

Figment deserves better.
Well, if Figment was an actual being, I might agree, but just as a reality check he was two things. A hand puppet or a auto-animatronic character.

Fact to deal with...most of today's WDW visitor don't have a clue where Figment originated or why. (OK, maybe Figment of Imagination kind of defines him) That said, when he was separated from the Dreamfinder when they changed over the pavilion, Figment died for most people. It's just us, obsessive compulsive people that are still hanging on to what we remember as a wonderfully, pleasant memory. I would be totally surprised if he doesn't completely disappear just as soon as they close the pavilion.

I hope that they can find something really good to to replace them, but, I am willing to bet that we have seen the absolute last of Dreamfinder or Figment! This isn't 1999. The loud roar to keep him, especially with the personality they gave him in the reincarnation, no longer exists.

doctornick

I bet MuppetVision leaves and MILF comes in as part of the Monsters Inc mini-land. At least the sounds like it makes sense.

My ongoing suggestion would be even simpler than that... Repurpose the current Streets of America (NY & San Fran facades) to Monstroplis, which be cheap and easy -- just switching the cardboard cutouts to a different look. Then they can use the (empty) Premiere Theater to house MILF. Mama Melrose becomes Harry Housen's serving sushi (and maybe other Asian food). The HISTK play area can either be kept/re-themed or that space can be used for a Monsters attraction. Since the SoA will still have the same basic layout, they can still use it for the Osborne Lights.

Muppets is left untouched. Perhaps re-theming Pizza Planet to something actually Muppets like a Swedish Chef restaurant.

This plan is simply, affordable, minimally disruptive to the park and could be up and running quickly. It brings in a big franchise to DHS while still leaving land for Cars/Star Wars/other developments. So, of course, I don't think it is even being considered by TDO.

ToTBellHop

My ongoing suggestion would be even simpler than that... Repurpose the current Streets of America (NY & San Fran facades) to Monstroplis, which be cheap and easy -- just switching the cardboard cutouts to a different look. Then they can use the (empty) Premiere Theater to house MILF. Mama Melrose becomes Harry Housen's serving sushi (and maybe other Asian food). The HISTK play area can either be kept/re-themed or that space can be used for a Monsters attraction. Since the SoA will still have the same basic layout, they can still use it for the Osborne Lights.

Muppets is left untouched. Perhaps re-theming Pizza Planet to something actually Muppets like a Swedish Chef restaurant.

This plan is simply, affordable, minimally disruptive to the park and could be up and running quickly. It brings in a big franchise to DHS while still leaving land for Cars/Star Wars/other developments. So, of course, I don't think it is even being considered by TDO.
TDO is considering a modest retheme of a counter service restaurant and new restrooms where guests can show off the color of their light sabers. Mace Windu's (Samuel L. Jackson's) is purple.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom