Why Hollywood Studios is being rebuilt

elchippo

MILF, being a comedy club, would totally fit in the urban area of NY Street/Pixar Place. But let it be known, I don't want big changes to the studios, despite what is rumored to be on tap...

Seabasealpha1

MILF, being a comedy club, would totally fit in the urban area of NY Street/Pixar Place. But let it be known, I don't want big changes to the studios, despite what is rumored to be on tap...

I guess my only question is what parts would you prefer stay as they are? I'm open minded enough...

Captain Neo

So IF the Miceage rumor of a Star Wars 3D Movie/show/thing replacing EO is true and since we know Disney corporate will only greenlight things they can clone at multiple parks to recoup costs does that mean this new 3D movie will replace Muppetsvision 3D at the Studios?

I think it would be fantastic if they swapped muppets for Star Wars and then made a real Muppets Dark ride (with animatronic muppets) in a different area of the Park. But I think that would simply be too difficult for Disney.

Captain Neo

Lutz is a big Disneyland guy, and has been a major online character for 15 years. He's had some amazing scoops over the years, although he's been in poor health recently and his staff has explained publicly that they are helping with his articles lately. I'm not sure how that all works behind the scenes, but perhaps some other folks who know these people in the real world know more. I don't attend the regular Sunday meetings at Disneyland with these various personalities in attendance, but some folks do.

In this latest article from Lutz and/or his staff the following new info popped up for Disneyland that would theoretically also impact WDW:

1. WDI is backing away from their plan to add the Laugh Floor to Tomorrowland in the Captain EO space. Instead they are working on a new 3D show based on the Star Wars franchise. Lutz didn't mention WDW, but this would obviously be an option for the Captain EO space at Imagination in Epcot.

2. WDI now has plans to update Star Tours in 2015, using the upcoming 2015 Star Wars movie and its destinations/characters as plotlines for the updated Star Tours. Lutz didn't mention WDW, but this would obviously also be an option for Star Tours at DHS.

That's in addition to a thrill ride attraction being developed for Disneyland's old PeopleMover track in Tomorrowland, according to Lutz. What we haven't been able to piece together if that concept is also being proposed for the rumored Star Wars Land being cooked up for DHS. All of these rumors have come forward very recently, after Disney bought Lucasfilm 10 months ago. Previous to that there were rumors of Cars Land being cloned for DHS, and Pixar, Tron and Marvel properties being used for attractions at Disneyland's aging Tomorrowland. The Lucasfilm purchase turned everything upside down on those previous attraction proposals for WDW and Disneyland, which Lutz talked about in some detail in this latest article.

Your mileage may vary. And as always, anything read on the free Internetz must be taken with a GIANT grain of salt.
Those articles aren't by Al Lutz. He left last year because he is dealing with Parkinson's disease. I'm not even convinced the info is coming from him since the information changes every week. I think the person who is writing now is literally just reading everything by WDW1974 and Jim Hill and trying to fill in the gaps.

elchippo

I'm just saying I love the park, it was my favorite as a kid, and if all of these rumors of overhauling most of the park are true (which is doubtful) I would just be worried about what I think of it afterwards.

Yes, Backlot tour is nothing compared to what it was, but I'm not enough of a CARS fan to get behind gutting it for a Cars land. More Lucas would be cool/needed, but not if it sacrifices Muppet 3D.

I like adding, but not swapping or subtracting.

Wikkler

I agree with only the Muppet Love.

would you say no to this face?
Gonzo-2011.png

TP2000

Those articles aren't by Al Lutz. He left last year because he is dealing with Parkinson's disease. I'm not even convinced the info is coming from him since the information changes every week. I think the person who is writing now is literally just reading everything by WDW1974 and Jim Hill and trying to fill in the gaps.

I do understand that Al Lutz hasn't been feeling well. But to be fair, quite a bit of info in the last few Miceage updates (by Lutz, or with ghost writers using his sources?) have thrown out quite a few things that WDW1974 or Jim Hill haven't touched yet, or the Miceage article mentioned first.

The biggest one is the topic that only Al Lutz/Miceage seems willing to discuss, and that's the Monstropolis Door Coaster project for DCA; Lutz came out with that several months ago out of nowhere, no one else has ever mentioned that, and Lutz is way out on a limb all alone on that topic.

There have been a few other things in the last few months that were scoops first discussed by Lutz/Miceage like the GAC rework at Disneyland and WDW, the Soarin' The World HD plan for Soarin' at DCA, the evolution of the Star Wars plan for Tomorrowland now shelving earlier Tron and Marvel plans, and most recently the mention on Tuesday of the concept that Star Tours would be reworked in 2015 with new destinations based on episode VII.

All of that has only been mentioned on Miceage, or was mentioned on Miceage first and then corroborated by other good online sources like WDW1974 or Mr. Hill.

Lutz and the Miceage staff still have obvious access to some good sources, even if Al Lutz isn't going in to work on the site every day right now. And Monstropolis at DCA is the big one there.

SirLink

So IF the Miceage rumor of a Star Wars 3D Movie/show/thing replacing EO is true and since we know Disney corporate will only greenlight things they can clone at multiple parks to recoup costs does that mean this new 3D movie will replace Muppetsvision 3D at the Studios?

I think it would be fantastic if they swapped muppets for Star Wars and then made a real Muppets Dark ride (with animatronic muppets) in a different area of the Park. But I think that would simply be too difficult for Disney.

Well the show - if I'm not mistaken was for DLP the value engineered show - so ... I would rather they just expand the Muppet presence than replace.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I do understand that Al Lutz hasn't been feeling well. But to be fair, quite a bit of info in the last few Miceage updates (by Lutz, or with ghost writers using his sources?) have thrown out quite a few things that WDW1974 or Jim Hill haven't touched yet, or the Miceage article mentioned first.

The byline isn't lutz - it's miceage. And that's because it's not lutz. Ghost writers would be using his name, and they don't.

I don't doubt lutz still talks with people and gets bits... But come to terms with it... It is dusty and friends now.

TP2000

The byline isn't lutz - it's miceage. And that's because it's not lutz. Ghost writers would be using his name, and they don't.

I don't doubt lutz still talks with people and gets bits... But come to terms with it... It is dusty and friends now.

Okay, so it's "dusty and friends" on Miceage way out on a limb all alone on Monstropolis, Soarin' The World, and the various Star Wars bits.

It's just easier for an old codger like me who has been reading Lutz for 15 years on various forums to say "Al Lutz". Kind of like when I go to Kentucky Fried Chicken but I say I'm going to see "the Colonel". Colonel Sanders has been dead for decades, God rest his good soul. :D

Captain Neo

Okay, so it's "dusty and friends" on Miceage way out on a limb all alone on Monstropolis, Soarin' The World, and the various Star Wars bits.

It's just easier for an old codger like me who has been reading Lutz for 15 years on various forums to say "Al Lutz". Kind of like when I go to Kentucky Fried Chicken but I say I'm going to see "the Colonel". Colonel Sanders has been dead for decades, God rest his good soul. :D

Well the concern is that Dusty and friends are making up their own news and "filling in the blanks" just to get clicks which is probably the oldest game on the internet. I wish there was a way of knowing what's coming from Lutz and whats not. I mean I can start a blog tomorrow where I take the insider news bits from @WDW1974 and then try to fill in the gaps with what else is going on to spice up the story but that destroys the credibility of the news.

Californian Elitist

Well the concern is that Dusty and friends are making up their own news and "filling in the blanks" just to get clicks which is probably the oldest game on the internet. I wish there was a way of knowing what's coming from Lutz and whats not. I mean I can start a blog tomorrow where I take the insider news bits from @WDW1974 and then try to fill in the gaps with what else is going on to spice up the story but that destroys the credibility of the news.

So you're saying it's impossible for Dusty and friends to have genuinely received inside information, and they must have gotten all their info from '74 and Hill? Is it not possible for them to receive the same inside info?

Before these Monstropolis in DCA rumors popped up, nothing was mentioned about it here, or Jim Hill's site.

TP2000

Before these Monstropolis in DCA rumors popped up, nothing was mentioned about it here, or Jim Hill's site.

Yeah, that's the big whopper of a rumor of the last 120 days that "Dusty And Friends" (who?) have out there, plus some smaller items that no one else had mentioned yet like Soarin' The World HD for Shanghai and DCA, Star Tours destinations updated for '15, Star Wars 3D in Captain EO, and some juicy backstory on the GAC drama.

And much of that stuff will eventually translate into WDW news too, in this One Disney era we are in.

The writing style may have changed if Mr. Lutz is not actively at the keyboard each day, but obviously there are still internal sources somewhere talking to the Miceage staff. And for me, Al Lutz = Colonel Sanders so it's still Lutz's website. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom