Why Does everyone hate sitich?????

Choya

Stitch's humor and appeal is based on bodily functions, lying, getting Lilo into trouble, and causing lots of trouble himself. I do not want my children learning it from Disney either.

darthjohnny

I disagree. In Stitch the lights stay off and all it is is him running around and being crazy. In AE things were actually happening (the guy coming in with the flashlight and being eaten), in Stitch all that really happens is he eats a chili dog and burps.

I have to disagree, the lights go on and off in Stitch a few times, and other things happen, like the guns misfire at the guests. I can't quite remember what happened in Alien Encounter, other then it was mostly dark almost all of the time.

Miss Stitch

Stitch was never designed to teach your kid a moral, you know that, I know that, we all know that. He was made to teach this: You, no matter how outcasted you are, can still find people who care about you; Your family.

At the end of the movie, Stitch is taught to be good and he ends up saving his family.

But complaining about Stitch then turning around and supporting AI doesn't really make sense. Do you want to teach your kids to eat people? :lookaroun

Glasgow

I think Stitch is the antithesis of what Disney intends to represent -- being rude, inconsiderate and shallow. Maybe they are trying to personify in an alien how they feel many guests are acting these days?

darthjohnny

No one in my family likes the Stitch character and what he represents, so we have never actually tried the attraction. I am going on others opinions on the quality of the actual attraction. As someone else eluded to, Stitch's humor and appeal is based on bodily functions, lying, getting Lilo into trouble, and causing lots of trouble himself. I see the creation of this character as an example of the deterioration of our culture. When I thought of Disney as a child, I thought of Princesses and fairytales, not chili-dog burping aliens. I have not taught my children to behave this way, and I do not want them to learn it from Disney.

I respect you opinion.

But no offense, I think that is going a little overboard.

Stitch's true appeal comes from the fact that even though he was a trouble maker, he has a good heart, and does seek out family and love.

Miss Stitch

Stitch's true appeal comes from the fact that even though he was a trouble maker, he has a good heart, and does seek out family and love.
Yeah. Rewatch the movie and see his change. The "Lost" scene says it the best, Lilo asks if he misses a family, he's overcome with guilt and runs away to escape the results of what he's done to the family.

goofyfan13

But complaining about Stitch then turning around and supporting AI doesn't really make sense. Do you want to teach your kids to eat people? :lookaroun

I think thats taking it a little far. Like I said, I enjoy the character, but come on, that's a stretch.

I do agree though that people saying they can't support Stitch because he causes mischief really need to come back to Earth. Parenting is what makes a kid good or bad, not an animated Disney character. :rolleyes:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
WHERE is the problem?
The problem isn`t with the character or the film; more with the attraction. Stitch (the character) is a scapegoat for Stitch's Great Escape. Alien Encounter had many fans, who`d be the first to turn on Stitch (again, scapegoat). The real problem is the resentment caused by having a good attraction removed for no good reason, and the current one (SGE) replacing it.

Resentment towards the minority of guests (here we go again) who were too ignorant or stupid to head the AE warnings, then complain when their kids got scared.

Resentment towards a concept (SGE in AE's infrastructure) that was flawed from the start. By it`s very nature, SGE will always have problems since it uses darkness, binaural audio and physical effects as part of the show it inherited from AE. SGEs height limit (a loose term, more a method for governing age limits) has been raised several times since opening, thus alienating it (no pun intended) from it`s target audience - a move that adds to the resentment and thought that AE was removed unnessecarilly. Furthermore, the fact SGE has been added to and re-tweaked since it opened can be seen by some as proof it was a cheap, rush job (despite the new A-100s) - although AE did fully close after it opened, but to make it MORE scary.

With all this resentment you add into the mix the monorail spiels and decor (messing with the monrails in this way is sacrilige to some) and the castle decorations at SGEs opening and there is no escaping the fact marketing are trying to drive home an attraction that was ill-received to begin with.

Stitch isn`t the target. I, like many, others enjoyed the film. The attraction is the real target.

dxwwf3

The problem isn`t with the character or the film; more with the attraction. Stitch (the character) is a scapegoat for Stitch's Great Escape. Alien Encounter had many fans, who`d be the first to turn on Stitch (again, scapegoat). The real problem is the resentment caused by having a good attraction removed for no good reason, and the current one (SGE) replacing it.

Resentment towards the minority of guests (here we go again) who were too ignorant or stupid to head the AE warnings, then complain when their kids got scared.

Resentment towards a concept (SGE in AE's infrastructure) that was flawed from the start. By it`s very nature, SGE will always have problems since it uses darkness, binaural audio and physical effects as part of the show it inherited from AE. SGEs height limit (a loose term, more a method for governing age limits) has been raised several times since opening, thus alienating it (no pun intended) from it`s target audience - a move that adds to the resentment and thought that AE was removed was unnessecary. Furthermore, the fact SGE has been added to and re-tweaked since it opened can be seen by some as proof it was a cheap, rush job (despite the new A-100s) - although AE did fully close after it opened, but to make it MORE scary.

With all this resentment you add into the mix the monorail spiels and decor (messing with the monrails in this way is sacrilige to some) and the castle decorations at SGEs opening and there is no escaping the fact marketing are trying to drive home an attraction that was ill-received to begin with.

Stitch isn`t the target. I, like many others enjoyed the film. The attraction is.

I'm one of the few who didn't like the movie or the character, but again Martin is able to hit the nail on the head completely.

goofyfan13

I'm one of the few who didn't like the movie or the character, but again Martin is able to hit the nail on the head completely.

Exactly. Parents who are negligent enough to not read the warnings should be forced to make their kids sit through that thing all day and watch them cry.

jcc0621

:brick: Ugh, if your kids learn to do the things that Stitch does, then you aren't correcting inappropriate behavior and that is unacceptable. My son, age 3, loves Stitch, but we teach him the difference between what is apropriate and what is not. That comes down to teaching right from wrong. On that note, I woldn't take a 3 year old on SGE, even if he meets the height requirement, common sense says when he is not thrilled with things flying at him in Philharmagic, he's probably not going to like SGE. Oh right, I said common sense - apparently not too many people have that - Sorry :)

Just remember:

STITCH NOT BAD, STITCH FLUFFY:sohappy:

NadieMasK2

Parenting is what makes a kid good or bad, not an animated Disney character. :rolleyes:

We agree then! As a parent, I decided that the behavior that Stitch represents is not one that I want to encourage or glorify. Kids model the behavior they see around them. It's just one of many decisions that a parent has to make to promote good values and hopefully make polite, considerate adults out of them some day.

slappy magoo

Yeah, maybe, in the movie. But in SGE, there's no indication that he has a "Good heart." He's just raising a ruckus, causing problems, seemingly intentionally. It's not like an intergalactic Gilligan, whose disasters spring from good intentions. I mean Heck (spoilers) the last minute of the ride has Stitch mischeivously sneaking into the castle looking for Cinderella. For what I wonder? Panty raid? Kiss the girls and make 'em cry? Or maybe a host body so we can have a proper alien for the return of AE? :lol:

Seriously, though, because so mant of Stitch's antics in SGE seem like the character means to do damage, I can see people's point about the mixed message. They glorify his worst traits without showing any sort of redemption or attempt to become a better "person."

Launchpad

Account Suspended
With Alien Encounter we were apart of something that went wrong and we survived it.
With Stitch we are apart of transporting in an alien to guard, and fail miserably as he runs around crazy and then escapes.

With AE we were there for a purpose, something bad happened, but we were successful in making it out alive.
In SGE we were the to guard him, we failed, and he escaped.

We don't feel like we accomplished anything with SGE, where as with AE we feel like we lived through a huge mishap where we could have been eaten alive.

rbrower

There are many people out there that like SGE.
However, there are many people that don't like it.
It all depends on your taste. With every attraction, there are going to be some people that like it and some that not. On here, you usually hear the people that complain about it more than those who like it. That is the only reason why it seems like so many people hate it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom