Why Does everyone hate sitich?????

DigitalDisney

Besides the appalling nature of the attraction itself, I really don't like it because it's forced.

A character's appearance in the parks shouldn't be forced. Unfortunately, Stitch is forced upon us during our WDW visit. He used to be on the front of every monorail, he's at the World of Disney store, he's now got his own attraction, he used to have a part in the monorail spiel, etc. Winnie the Pooh used to be this bad, but that's been toned down significantly.

Brer Rabbit doesn't get that kind of love, yet he's got one of the most popular attractions in all of WDW.

As for the attraction, I'll only see it when there's absolutely no wait for it, and I only go for the high quality AAs (which is surprising considering the overall show quality)

Mansion Butler

Not everyone hates it. It's not my favorite attraction, but I dont mind it. I think a lot of people hate it because of what it replaced. Kinda why it may seem that a lot of people hate Pooh, when I've always seen the ride's queue packed :lookaroun

I don't personally know anyone that likes it, and I know alot of people that never did Alien Encounter, so I think it's mostly just a hated attraction based on its merrits alone.

For those of us that actually liked Alien Encounter, it's even worse.

disney1077

I dont hate the ride but i prefered Alien Encounter better. I mean I love the movie stitch but as for the ride for me one time is enough.

MotoDisney

Stitch isn't necessarily one of my favorite rides/attractions but I do it once every few years since it's got great animitronics but it's not a must do everytime I visit. My DW hates the ride not because it's Stitch but because she hates the effects of the water and blowing on your neck. She feels similar about It's tough to be a bug in Animal Kingdon as well.

dxwwf3

Everyone on these forums say that there are those types of line in the rides, but I've never heard them, even when I was an effort to specifically listen to those lines.

The only thing I've ever heard is "Whoa!," but no line where the kid mentions Stitch's name.

They added those lines and they stayed for a few months, possibly the only time certain people saw the attraction, and then they wised up and took most of them out. I'm pretty sure I have the audio from when they had the kid recordings in there and it stood out as being terribly bad in an already terribly bad attraction.

Launchpad

Account Suspended
Actually, AE did the exact same thing.
I disagree. In Stitch the lights stay off and all it is is him running around and being crazy. In AE things were actually happening (the guy coming in with the flashlight and being eaten), in Stitch all that really happens is he eats a chili dog and burps. After AE you felt like you had just survived something that went whack. With Stitch you feel like you just sat through a bunch of pointless havoc.

dxwwf3

I disagree. In Stitch the lights stay off and all it is is him running around and being crazy. In AE things were actually happening (the guy coming in with the flashlight and being eaten), in Stitch all that really happens is he eats a chili dog and burps. After AE you felt like you had just survived something that went whack.

Exactly

PintoColvig

After AE you felt like you had just survived something that went whack.
And with Stitch, you felt like you had just survived something that was wack! :lol: :lol:

Actually, for me, Stitch is just so-so. Not that good. Not that bad. My four year old son loves it and that's a good thing, I guess. I miss AE somewhat and hated to see it go. I just wish that AE had not needed to be sacrificed so that Stitch could exist. :cool:

MickeyTigg

Why does everyone hate Stitch's Great Escape? I love it, so I don't know why everyone hates it! But, I certainly don't want it to be gutted and turned into something else (like yet ANOTHER pixar project).

I personally enjoy the attraction. I never really liked AE....SGE could be better, but I still enjoy it.

polarboi

I said this in another thread, but I'll say it again.

I love Stitch, the character. And although I loved AE and was very sad to see it go, I know that attractions change and I'm willing to let go of the past.

In my opinion, the problem with SGE is that it didn't change AE enough. Some of the key elements of AE's design (the darkness, the restraining harnesses, etc.) were developed intentionally to make the attraction scarier. Unfortunately, the show doesn't work without them, so when it became a more kid-friendly attraction, we wound up with a problem: a show that feels like it's supposed to be scary, with darkness and uncomfortable restraining harnesses, but isn't scary.

SGE isn't awful, but it isn't Disney's best, either. It feels too much like what it is: one type of attraction that got shoehorned into a set designed for a completely different kind of attraction. It wasn't changed enough from AE to really be as kid-friendly as it wants to be, so it ended up sort of halfway between adult-oriented thrills and kid-friendly silliness, with the result that neither objective is met solidly.

This is totally different from, say, Winnie the Pooh, where the whole experience is different enough from Mr. Toad to provide a totally new type of fun. I loved Mr. Toad, but I love Winnie the Pooh too, especially the way the vehicles move during certain sequences. That's how it ought to be done, IMHO.

For the record, I didn't at all mind Stitch taking over the parks. I really enjoyed it. I think others might have enjoyed it more too, if they didn't dislike his attraction so much.

-p.b. :cool:

marzbars

I may be one of the few that dislike Alien Encounters and kinda liked Stitch better. I do agree though that I would not wait in line for it and if I don't get to it that trip it's ok.

NadieMasK2

No one in my family likes the Stitch character and what he represents, so we have never actually tried the attraction. I am going on others opinions on the quality of the actual attraction. As someone else eluded to, Stitch's humor and appeal is based on bodily functions, lying, getting Lilo into trouble, and causing lots of trouble himself. I see the creation of this character as an example of the deterioration of our culture. When I thought of Disney as a child, I thought of Princesses and fairytales, not chili-dog burping aliens. I have not taught my children to behave this way, and I do not want them to learn it from Disney.

Just my opinion, I'm sure others won't agree, but that's ok.

dxwwf3

In my opinion, the problem with SGE is that it didn't change AE enough. Some of the key elements of AE's design (the darkness, the restraining harnesses, etc.) were developed intentionally to make the attraction scarier. Unfortunately, the show doesn't work without them, so when it became a more kid-friendly attraction, we wound up with a problem: a show that feels like it's supposed to be scary, with darkness and uncomfortable restraining harnesses, but isn't scary.

I think that is 100% correct and is something I've been saying for years. Well put.

goofyfan13

I enjoy the character, but I hate the attraction. It replaced an attraction with a FAR superior story line. Stitch basically take a lot of the effects of AE, uses them again but in an extremely corny way (chili dog, tickling...). In my opinion it ranks up there with one of the worst things Disney has built in their parks. AE was simply a victim of poor placement, it probobly would have lasted a lot longer if it wasn't in MK, case in point, parents took kids on when they shouldn't have and complained when their kids got too scared (give me a break).

I think my favorite flaw with the attraction is it's supposed to be a prequel to the original movie, so why does Stitch refer to himself as "Stitch" when it should be 626. On top of which, he didn't learn English until he met Lilo, which hasn't yet happened if we look at the point in time that this attraction takes place.

Choya

Stitch's humor and appeal is based on bodily functions, lying, getting Lilo into trouble, and causing lots of trouble himself. I see the creation of this character as an example of the deterioration of our culture. When I thought of Disney as a child, I thought of Princesses and fairytales, not chili-dog burping aliens. I have not taught my children to behave this way, and I do not want them to learn it from Disney.

Ditto!!!!!

Miss Stitch

People don't like him for one of these reasons:

1. He replaced an attraction they liked
2. They just don't like the attraction (understandable)
3. They feel like he's taking over everything merchandise-wise..

So you feel like Stitch has grabbed your park by the horns and taken over it. Alright, that's understandable. But complaining about it ISN'T because if you knew the true history of Stitch's character, you'd understand that he was created by an 18 year old who had no plans of turning him into a franchise.

Stitch, you're right, is incredibly popular. He's even in the Fab 5 now, appearing in almost every parade and every single park is dipped in pins, shirts, plushies..what's wrong with that? Really, think about it. You absolutely despise him, but this little guy has brought in sooo much profit to the company, it's unbelievable. Disney's made MILLIONS on this and it STILL continues.

I love Stitch. He's my favorite cartoon character, ever, and he's a lot of kid's favorite as well. WHERE is the problem? He's designed for kids, just like Pooh, Mickey, the princesses, but there's no complaint about them, just Stitch, because he's a new addition you haven't gotten used to. That is NOT a bad thing, but the big uproar about him is ridiculous. Everyone needs to realize that Stitch is NOT leaving the parks because he is incredibly popular and loved by so many people. Just like Pooh still has his place, just like Tinkerbell has hers..it's not just going to disappear. Get used to him or don't visit the parks, if you hate him THAT much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom