Why Does everyone hate sitich?????

SirGoofy

Not everyone hates it. It's not my favorite attraction, but I dont mind it. I think a lot of people hate it because of what it replaced. Kinda why it may seem that a lot of people hate Pooh, when I've always seen the ride's queue packed :lookaroun

While it is true that many mourn the loss of Toad, at least Pooh is a respectable dark ride in the Disney mold. SGE is just a horrible attraction through out. The story makes no sense what so ever. If it wasn't for the terrific AAs it wouldn't even warrant a 5 minute wait.

DubyooDeeDubyoo

I like Stitch the character, but SGE the ride is kind of half-done. I get the feeling they ran out of funding or something, because it starts off well but feels like it hits a wall at some point and had to compromise. And why does a guest have a chili dog in the first place? Not only is that kind of thing forbidden on an attraction, but the guests were supposed to be trainee prison guards. Weren't they? It just doesn't make any sense! I enjoy breaking the fourth wall when it's clever but SGE isn't too clever and is too inconsistent.

That and the line "I just oiled myself" is pretty bad. I mean, even the JC skippers would groan.

Mansion Butler

People don't like him for one of these reasons:

1. He replaced an attraction they liked
2. They just don't like the attraction (understandable)
3. They feel like he's taking over everything merchandise-wise..

So you feel like Stitch has grabbed your park by the horns and taken over it. Alright, that's understandable. But complaining about it ISN'T because if you knew the true history of Stitch's character, you'd understand that he was created by an 18 year old who had no plans of turning him into a franchise.

Stitch, you're right, is incredibly popular. He's even in the Fab 5 now, appearing in almost every parade and every single park is dipped in pins, shirts, plushies..what's wrong with that? Really, think about it. You absolutely despise him, but this little guy has brought in sooo much profit to the company, it's unbelievable. Disney's made MILLIONS on this and it STILL continues.

I love Stitch. He's my favorite cartoon character, ever, and he's a lot of kid's favorite as well. WHERE is the problem? He's designed for kids, just like Pooh, Mickey, the princesses, but there's no complaint about them, just Stitch, because he's a new addition you haven't gotten used to. That is NOT a bad thing, but the big uproar about him is ridiculous. Everyone needs to realize that Stitch is NOT leaving the parks because he is incredibly popular and loved by so many people. Just like Pooh still has his place, just like Tinkerbell has hers..it's not just going to disappear. Get used to him or don't visit the parks, if you hate him THAT much.

And my favorite is Roger Rabbit. If he took things over the way Stitch has I'd be ed about that, too. No character should dominate the parks the way Stitch has.

Choya

We agree then! As a parent, I decided that the behavior that Stitch represents is not one that I want to encourage or glorify. Kids model the behavior they see around them. It's just one of many decisions that a parent has to make to promote good values and hopefully make polite, considerate adults out of them some day.

Well Said!!!!!!

DisneyMusician2

People really hate Stitch because it is poorly done. Not necessarily the designers' fault, but it really hampers what they can do in that theatre. It may be time for a complete rebuild of that area so that it doesn't even resemble the FLight to the Moon design anymore to facilitate a different approach to a show there. I like the concept of the attraction, but the final result does leave something to be desired.

Luige11

Why does everyone hate Stitch's Great Escape? I love it, so I don't know why everyone hates it! But, I certainly don't want it to be gutted and turned into something else (like yet ANOTHER pixar project).

Because it replaced my favorite attraction. They took like 3 months to make stitch if they made it scary then ok they shoulda taken sometime to "Seize the future".

happymom52003

The other day my toddler started screaming and I ran into the room to see what was the matter, and Stitch was on the tv screen. She was terrified!:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom