why do some people say that WDW has too many water parks?

celticssuck

Original Poster
Some people say that Walt Disney World has too many water parks. They say that Disney should cut 1 of their water parks, so thet can focus on the 4 parks. Do you think that Disney has too many water parks, and if they do should they get rid of 1.

Pioneer Hall

Considering how popular both water parks are, I don't see a problem. They already cut out the water park that wasn't bringing in the crowds. Water parks also fall under a different segment than the theme parks do, so the money for one doesn't usually go to the other.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I can't say that I've ever heard of people saying that Disney had too many water parks. :veryconfu

Ive never heard it either, but both WP's are awesome! I love both of them equally. Last year I went to JUST Typhoon Lagoon and was upset I didnt take more time to hit up Blizzard Beach.

dazzer68

someone just playing the devils advocate?
ive never heard this before,who would ever say disney had too many parks, of any kind?

girlface

Some people say that Walt Disney World has too many water parks. They say that Disney should cut 1 of their water parks, so thet can focus on the 4 parks. Do you think that Disney has too many water parks, and if they do should they get rid of 1.

Cause there dumb...The end.:D:D

krankenstein

I've never heard that at all. I've heard more about people wanting River Country to open back up than closing either BB or TL. :shrug:

DisneyPrincess5

Hmm never heard that :shrug:
I think 2 is appropriate, especially considering the large summer crowds and the need to escape to a cooler environment like a water park.

Jeff456

As others have said that's certainly something I have never heard myself:shrug:. Its just fine as it is at the moment in my opinion especially with the fact that they both need to be closed for maintainence at certain points of the year. If there was only one there would most likely be times of the year when there were no waterparks on disney property to visit during a trip. With regard to more water parks, although i would welcome a third park its definately not needed and it would put more pressure on me during my trip as I would feel i needed to visit all of them :ROFLOL:.

C&D

Had three (closed River County, maybe because of the amoeba scare; thinking it used the lake water), leaving two: Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach; each of these requiring a shut down during the off season for yearly maintenance (shutting one or the other down at separate times) thus keeping one open always. Sounds perfect to me.

Pete C

Why do some people hate on Blizzard Beach? Sure it is not as pretty as Typhoon Lagoon, but there are WAY more slides at BB. Typhoon Lagoon doesn't have much in the way of slides outside of Crush and Gusher, which admittedly are the best water slides I have ever been on. I love BB just as much as TL.

Sorry to thread hijack, back on topic I have never heard anyone say they should get rid of one of them, and you hear it all on these boards. They are both great parks and closing one would just make the other unbearably busy. WDW needs 2 water parks to balance out the resort.

Lucky

Apr 10, 2009
Blizzard-Beach_50.jpg
Blizzard Beach has now (1:40pm) reopened after being closed due to capacity
Typhoon-Lagoon_50.jpg
Typhoon Lagoon closed (12pm) to all arriving guests due to capacity
Blizzard-Beach_50.jpg
Blizzard Beach closed (11:30am) to all arriving guests due to capacity

durangojim

Why do some people hate on Blizzard Beach? Sure it is not as pretty as Typhoon Lagoon, but there are WAY more slides at BB. Typhoon Lagoon doesn't have much in the way of slides outside of Crush and Gusher, which admittedly are the best water slides I have ever been on. I love BB just as much as TL.

Sorry to thread hijack, back on topic I have never heard anyone say they should get rid of one of them, and you hear it all on these boards. They are both great parks and closing one would just make the other unbearably busy. WDW needs 2 water parks to balance out the resort.

I think they're both great and serve different purposes. I see Blizard Beach being a park primarily about the rides/slides. There's not much shade and it doesn't seem like a park where you can have a relaxing time. Typhoon Lagoon is the perfect park for me as much of the time we just like to go around the lazy river, drifting in and out of the sunlight and getting wet from the waterfalls and mist. I love the shark reef aspect and the tropical theming of the park. Typhoon lagoon is my favorite and I remember when you used to be able to "body surf" in the wave pool back when they would actually let you use rafts there. It was great!

KCMO

They help suck a lot of people out of the other four parks during peak midday, summer hours - what could possibly be bad about that? Would you rather have all of those folks at BB and TL standing in line next to you for Splash Mountain?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom