Why did you pick your online name?

Rooster

A nickname my friends/coworkers made up. Remember the song "Here comes the Rooster" well my last name rhymes with rooster and since my friends were drunk at the time the rest is history. It could be worse I guess.:lol: :D

Luau Cove

Mine derives from my real name Sir. Luasington Covearovsky III. Any similarity with real life is pure coincidence. :rolleyes: :lookaroun
-->LUAU

Sheri

My first name is Sheryl, but my nicknams Sheri, my last name starts with a D and my favorite number combo is 013 :D I wanted to change it, but I can't think of anything to change it to, that would be appropriate :lookaroun :p

Debbie

I couldn't think of anything at the moment I needed to complete the login info. My screen name for everything else is DebbiedoesDon.:D

Goofster

Hmm, I think on the old forum, I tried to be Mickster, but that was taken, so I tried Goofster instead, and that wouldn't work either, so I added an 11, or maybe it was an 87, but when we went to the new forum, I quickly grabbed Goofster, and I've kept it. It even sounds a little more disney than Mickster.

Camelot

Re: Online Name

Mine is a nickname given to me about two years ago by some friends, with whom I started going camping one weekend every year, and on each Saturday, a big game is played. That time, the game was based on "Monthy Python and the Holy Grail"...

The game involved answering questions, while staying "in character", and if you are familiar with the movie, you know that means galloping around ( yeah, I know it sounds goofy, but it was loads of fun). Though I am female, I was chosen to be King Arthur, because I had "studied" the movie, in preparation.

ANyhoo, by the time the game was nearly finished, everyone was tired, and when it came to the part where the King, and the knights have to answer 3 questions, I was so tired that I flubbed the simplest one..."what is your name", and said "I am Camelot, King of the Britains..." without even realizing my mistake.

Everyone ribbed me about that and thus was born the nickname.

Dumbo Deprived

I chose mine because as a child I never was able to ride Dumbo much. Here's my sad, sad tale :( :

I was the youngest of a large family and my parents often got mixed up as to what I had already done (really, they did :lol: ). They would tell me I had rode Dumbo plenty of times and they would not wait in that long line, when in reality it was my siblings who had ridden. It was just horrible. I was probably the only 5 year old who never had rode Dumbo despite being to Disneyland several times. Are you in tears yet? I was so deprived.

Well, now I ride it every trip~~ sometimes more than once. This last trip I rode Aladdin's Carpets. Don't tell Dumbo, but I liked it better. :lol:

NowInc

Originally posted by Dumbo Deprived
I chose mine because as a child I never was able to ride Dumbo much. Here's my sad, sad tale :( :

I was the youngest of a large family and my parents often got mixed up as to what I had already done (really, they did :lol: ). They would tell me I had rode Dumbo plenty of times and they would not wait in that long line, when in reality it was my siblings who had ridden. It was just horrible. I was probably the only 5 year old who never had rode Dumbo despite being to Disneyland several times. Are you in tears yet? I was so deprived.

Well, now I ride it every trip~~ sometimes more than once. This last trip I rode Aladdin's Carpets. Don't tell Dumbo, but I liked it better. :lol:

That is truely a sad sad story....if i was less of a man..id be crying right now...

CalDisney

Well you all have such Nice stories behind you`re names.
Mine is Just Cal which stands For California and Disney
Cal Disney!!
I know I know Most of you are in Florida.

Dumbo Deprived

That is truely a sad sad story....if i was less of a man..id be crying right now...

Real men aren't afraid to cry. In fact, my husband cries everytime I remind him of the sad tale and drag him onto Dumbo with me (he likes Aladdin better too.). :lol:

DisneyPhD

Original Poster
Originally posted by Dumbo Deprived

I'm sorry but I can't stop laughing. My first ride on Dumbo was at 25 for pretty much the same reason. Fortunately, we just took our 9 month old daughter on it and we have video and pictures to prove it. So if the line is long we can whip out the pictures and say "see how much fun you had, what a great memory ... Let's go watch the birds in the 20K Leagues lagoon.";)

"Come see the violence inherent in the system. Help Help I'm being repressed"

GRUD

Because . . .

Waaaaayyy back in late August/early September of 1984, while going through training for the Missouri Army National Guard, I was stationed at Fort Gordon, Georgia. I met some of the local civilians at a Godfather's Pizza restaraunt, and created a character for an Advanced Dungeons & Dragons game campaign. Being lousy at creating original names, I was at first going to use the name "Groo", but decided that would not do.

For those that don't know him, Groo is a barbarian, that uses twin Samurai swords, loves guacamole dip, has the intelligence of moss, and has the unfortunate side-effect of causing any ship he boards to sink, EVEN if it is still tied-up at the dock!

While looking through a gaming magazine (called White Dwarf), I came upon a cartoon character by the name of Thrud the Barbarian. Imagine Conan the Barbarian, with the head of a toddler, who was roughly the same intelligence, and could swing a mean battle-axe!

I took Groo and Thrud, squished them together, and came up with GRUD. GRUD the swordsman was an Elven Fighter/Magic-User/Thief, and I used him in many adventures. He's died twice by fire, but was brought back both times. :sohappy:

Back around '85, when I got my first car, I decided I wanted personalized license plates. Feeling that just my initials (TLC) would be too boring, I instead chose "GRUD", & have renewed it ever since. While stationed at Schofield Barracks, Hawaii, after I'd gone Active Duty Army in March of '92, I had most of the people (around 130 or so) in my company calling me Grud before I left, for about the last year-and-a-half I was there.

I've seen MY name used in two paperback books, and 2 role-playing game adventures, and I've had an EXTREMELY hard time on some websites, signing-up with it. I don't know how anyone else has created the name, but that's how I did it, and I consider myself to be the "Original" GRUD! :cool:

markymark

It is nice and easy for me to remember, oh and it's my name of course. Not markymark though, just the first bit, you know, Mark, my last name isn't Ymark you understand, just mark.

Oh no........ my last name isn't mark. Oh hell......forget it, it's Monday morning.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom