Who's Who on WDWmagic

Kplay7881

Hi, I am Keith. I'm from Westwego, Louisiana. As you can see from my avatar, I am a career firefighter and a Disney fan just about my whole life. My first trip wasn't until Dec. 2002 with my wife and son. We have now been 5 times and we have a daughter now also. Now my wife goes to WDW with her 3 kids now :lookaroun. We just bought DVC in 2007 and will be going a least once a year now. Next trip is during Thanksgiving week 2008. Might see some of you there.
Favorite Park: Do I have to pick just one
Favorite Rides: Magical Express Bus from the airport, Big Thunder Mountain
Worst Ride: Magical Express Bus to the airport
Favorite Resorts: Wilderness Lodge Villas (Home Resort DVC), Polynesian
Favorite Disney Movie (Animated): Lilo & Stitch...I Know, I Know....but I like the little blue dude.
Favorite Disney Movie (Live-Action): Pirates of the Caribbean (all 3)
Best Disney Moment: When my wife surprised me with our trip (no kids) in Dec. 2006 for our 10th. wedding anniversary.

so anyway here I am, our server thought I was thirsty :lol:.
ME.jpg

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
For those who can't post pictures:

First, you have to upload the picture to a hosting site [flikr is an example, I use WDWMagic :D]. To upload to your album on WDWMagic, click on "Photo Albums" on the banner at the very top of any page. Log in and follow directions to "Upload Photos", you can browse to the folder on your computer and upload them to the site.

Once you have the photo stored somewhere on the internet, go to the photo wherever you put it and right-click on it. Select "copy image location" [or something like that depending on your browser]. This will copy the URL of where the picture is stored.

Then, in a "Reply to Thread" or "Create Thread" text entry window put your cursor where you want the picture displayed and click on this Icon above the window:
insertimage.gif
A pop-up will appear where you can paste [CNTL-V] the URL you copied earlier. And voila! Your picture will be in your post.

You can't use pictures from Myspace or Facebook that require a login to view the pictures. But there are lots of free web hosting sites you can put pictures on. Like I said, I put mine right here on WDWMagic!

KnK

For those who can't post pictures:

First, you have to upload the picture to a hosting site [flikr is an example, I use WDWMagic :D]. To upload to your album on WDWMagic, click on "Photo Albums" on the banner at the very top of any page. Log in and follow directions to "Upload Photos", you can browse to the folder on your computer and upload them to the site.

Once you have the photo stored somewhere on the internet, go to the photo wherever you put it and right-click on it. Select "copy image location" [or something like that depending on your browser]. This will copy the URL of where the picture is stored.

Then, in a "Reply to Thread" or "Create Thread" text entry window put your cursor where you want the picture displayed and click on this Icon above the window:
insertimage.gif
A pop-up will appear where you can paste [CNTL-V] the URL you copied earlier. And voila! Your picture will be in your post.

You can't use pictures from Myspace or Facebook that require a login to view the pictures. But there are lots of free web hosting sites you can put pictures on. Like I said, I put mine right here on WDWMagic!

Thank you!!!!! I can't wait to go home a get a picture to post!

gustavobergesio

Catamarca - Argentina -

Image165.jpg

Hi, my name is Gustavo, I live in Catamarca, Argentina, I am married and we have two daughters, Trips: 1988, 1998, 2001, 2003 (disneyland Paris) and 2006.
We are big disney fans for many years, and for us to travel from Catamarca to Orlando is a great adventure, 16 hours by bus to Buenos Aires, 10 hours by plane to miami and 6 hours by bus to orlando, counting the transfers and another steps two days of trip at least.
I don´t speak English and this mail has been very difficult for my, greetings to all.

Bug715

Hi I'm Kate. For pictures go to www.kateindisney.myphotoalbum.com

My parents were going to take me to The World when I was 5, 10 & 15 to do their parental duties of taking their child to experience Disney. Well we went when I was 5. Then went back with my grandparents for my 8th birthday. Went back when I was 10 and joined DVC. We started going every or everyother year. We went on a Disney Cruise for my 16th birthday and I only saw them in the Bahamas and at dinner cause I was having fun with some people I met there. We've started going with my aunt, uncle, and 2 little cousins which is really fun and makes me really excited to take my kids one day.

One rainy day as a kid we were hiding from the rain in a store when a CM told me about The Disney College Program. I thought it sounded cool and looked at the website once I got closer to college. I applied last year and my dream of becoming a CM came true in August 2007. The night before I left i told my mom I didn't want to go because I'd miss my now ex-bf too much. I'm so glad I went! I didn't really know anyone going down but came home with 3 friends (1 maybe more than) who I know I'll keep in touch with.

I am now a campus rep at my school in Kentucky and am spending all my money making trips to The World to deal with my Disney Depression. I'm going down March 15th-19th for Spring Break, July 14th-18th for my 21st birthday, sometime in October for Fall Break to go to Food & Wine & MNSSHP, and December with my parents (yay I won't have to pay) since they loved being in Florida at Christmas time and enjoying the pool & sunshine!

JustPlainBill

Ok, now you've met me...who are you?
This is me and my wife and kids at one of our favorite WDW restaurants.

This picture was taken this past summer, it was my kid's first trip to WDW ever and mine and my wife's first trip in 17 years. A wonderful CM took the picture for us. We are all going again this summer the first week of August and staying this time at the Contemporary, it will be during our 21st wedding aniversary and it will be our first time back to the Contemporary since our honeymoon. I have mentioned now and again the following facts about myself on other posts here but I'll give it a go again.
I'm 42 years old soon to turn 43 next week, I was born on the west side of Chicago near Austin and Chicago avenues. I have lived on the northside in Uptown (Lawrence & Sheridan aves) for awhile and worked downtown. I'm a loyal Cubs and Bears fan. I now live and work in the Northwest suburbs of Chicago very close to the Illinois, Wisconsin border. I've worked in a few different capacities over my career starting when I was 16 as a stockboy at a grocery store, currently I'm a Production/Maintenence Supervisor in a small but rather affluent machine shop that makes parts for the military as well as aerospace, we just recently made some parts for the space shuttle which we're all quite proud of here. I spent a little time in the US Navy.
My love for WDW started just about when WDW started itself. My Grandfather brought me down to Florida as sort of a Christmas present to visit my Uncle and his family who was stationed in Tampa, Fl at MacDill Air Force base. He was a helicopter mechanic and had just recently come back after serving a tour in Vietnam.
While staying there in early February 1973 my Uncle brought us to WDW, which then was just the Magic Kingdom with only three hotels on property and was a little over two years old. I was only 7 years old at the time and had never been out of state before (other than Wisconsin) let alone to a Disney park. I remember being in a total state of awe the whole day I spent there. I had never seen anything like WDW before and have never seen again since. We couldn't ride on everthing because he only had so many tickets, and didn't have tickets for every ride. My favorite ride was and still is the HM. I first rode it at night for the first time and standing in the queue anticipating what was coming really built the suspense, instead of being frightened of what was inside as I was waiting in line, I was amazed by what I saw. I had never been back as a child, my parents divorced soon after my return so any future trips were not to be. I would, however, during the dark periods of my childhood reflect on my WDW experience and hold a promise that I would someday make it back. My siblings didn't get to go with me as I was the oldest and they were too young. I would tell them stories of what it was like and the look of disbelief on their faces is something I'll always remember. When I first met my wife it was as mutual friends of another friend. One of the things we had in common was our love for WDW. She had just returned from a "High School graduation trip" (her first trip) with her Mother and Sister. I shared my fond memories with her of my trip 13 years earlier. We planned a trip together for the summer of 1987 and earlier the same year (as a coincidence) I asked her to marry me. Our summer trip to WDW turned out to be our honeymoon, as an afterthought. We went again in 1990 and didn't make a return trip until last summer, we waited so long because we wanted our kids to be at least as old as I was for their first time.
My favorite hotel is the Contemporary, though the YC is a close runner up.
My favorite Park is MK and my favorite restaurant is the biergarten.
I may not be as passionate about WDW as most of you are here, I probably won't ever own a DVC or devote all my future vacations there, but I will visit more in the future then I have in the past, so long as I have the means to do so. I have entertained thoughts of maybe one day moving to Florida, working at WDW someday, possibly closer to retirement age, which is only about 20 years away, Jeesh...for you younger lot, believe it when we elders say the clock turns faster as you get older, just a blur! Whenever I've expressed any negativity about any WDW subject it has always been in the spirit of my ideal of what WDW is supposed to be, based on my first experience, which can almost be described as mythical, One of my faults is that I can get carried away, just like a lot of people not really meaning to. I do regret the attractions that are now history that I adored as a child never being able to ride again or watch my children experience, but I do appreciate the attractions that are still there.

Jason21783

Hey, I'm Jason. I'm 25 and live in St, Charles, IL, a suburb of Chicago. I first went to WDW when I was about 4. I remember loving it, but after not returning for many years, it kind of became a fantasy place I knew I had been, but couldn't quite remember specifics of. Kind of like Narnia, or Willy Wonka's chocolate factory. I knew my little kid mind had been blown, but after a while I didn't know why.

I returned when I was 14 and fell in love all over again, and have been going every few years since. I recently got engaged there this past August. I thought our last trip, after a good 3 year absence would keep me complacent for a while, but its been only 6 months and I'm dying to get back. I blame the internet and this site. Here's my fiance and I in the AK.

dsc03279dy9.jpg

WDWFigment

My name is Tom and I have been going to WDW since I was an infant (1986 was my first trip). My best guess is that I've been to WDW 13 times (although it could be anywhere between 10 and 14...someday I will do some 'research' into it. I have been three times with my fiancee, Sarah.

I have stayed at Shades of Green, Fort Wilderness, Dixie Landings, All Star Sports, Saratoga Springs, and Port Orleans: Riverside. My favorite is Saratoga.

My favorite park is probably MK but back in the day of Figment's reign, it was EPCOT Center (which I still love).

My favorite attractions are Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, Great Movie Ride, JII, Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, ToT, MuppetVision3D, Finding Nemo: The Musical...and so many others.

My favorite fireworks presentation is Magic, Music, and Mayhem followed by Holiday Wishes.

My favorite places to dine are Cosmic Ray's, California Grill, Narcossee's, Crystal Palace, Cape May Cafe, and Ohana.

Here is a picture of Sarah and myself at the Osborne lights this Christmas (two days after our engagement on the beach of the Poly):
11172007246copy.jpg

Uponastar

Hi!
My name is Dot and I'm from Philadelphia.
I always wear my avatar (I know, I'm such a dork!) and my WDWMagic pin on every trip...and no one ever notices!
Here's my husband George and I at AK on our April 07 trip.
DSC02427.jpg

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Thank you!!!!! I can't wait to go home a get a picture to post!
:lookaroun

Don't thank me until it works... :lol:

We've got some good looking folks here on Magic.

Monty's also here, too. :lookaroun
Hey! :fork:

If you can't say anything nice, Jamie (male), don't say anything at all! :mad:

j/k Jackie, I remembered... But I'm gonna have to keep a list somewhere... :eek:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Jackie and I at C25
Jackie Steele Joel Maxwell 10.01.07.jpg

Richard and I MNSSHP 07 (the night before)
Joel & Richard MNSSHP 07.jpg

My lovely wife sam in September 06
Sam Teacups.jpg

as you can see (below) we are expecting our first child in May. We are both in Marketing. I am work for an medical imaging company in the marketing department and sam works for a print broker.

I cant believe I have been on wdwmagic for 4 years this past January :sohappy:

EDIT: i feel so embarrased that i almost forgot this.... thanks for the reminder Richard. :wave: This is Isabeau Silvia at 20 weeks. we have roughly 65 days to go.
Our girl.jpg

Tinkrbell

I'm Kristin. I have been to Disney seven times & 3 of those have been since October 2006. I'm currently a high school senior & I'm hoping to do the College Program next spring.
I love all things Disney & have for as long as I can remember.
I'm 18 years old with both of my last 2 birthdays were celebrated at Disney World.
The picture is from my 18th birthday. My mom gave me breakfast in Cinderella Castle as a present & after we were done eating, they brought me a little cake with a candle.

I'm single & looking for a fellow Disney freak.
kristin101.jpg

will341

My name is Will as you can most all tell from my user name
I am currently 17 years old from NJ, Been completely addicted with the whole WDW universe since birth
DVC member since 00'
I have been to WDW 18 times going a couple times throughout a year
My favorite attractions are- Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin, Rock N Roller Coaster, ToT, Everest, Dinosaur, SpaceMountain, Splash Mountain, Mission Space, Soarin' and others but do not have the time to list out every attraction at WDW !
Favorite food at WDW- Dolewhips, chicken strips, burgers mostly everything there
My favorite restaurants are Mama Melroses, I love pizza planet, Tonys Town Square, and many others
I will post pictures to the thread when I get home
Hope to talk to you all soon

David

huh, 45 minutes away in t-town. you should go get a pic infront of the stadium or somehting

I work about 4 blocks away from the stadium.. Had a football signed by NS last week--didn't get to keep it though. Part of a Relay for Life Auction.

RTR!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom