Who's Who on WDWmagic

Expo_Seeker40

I'm in this photo :lookaroun

j73yi0.jpg

fizzle75

Original Poster
i assumed what fizzle looked like from the characature its quite accurate :p

Yeah, I love it. I have it framed in our living room. The artist really captured my "essence"!:lol:

It was done by an artist at the Wilderness Lodge back in December of '06. I have yet to find another artist who's as good at charicatures as he is. My wife has PROMISED me that she's gonna have one done in April and set it as her avatar.:animwink:

By the way, here's my myspace address if anybody wants to send me a friend request...

www.myspace.com/fizzle1975

sbkline

Hi, I'm Steve. As Matt said, we plan to meet up a few different times on our upcoming April trip. I am married with one son, who we deem to be too young to take just yet, as he is not even two years old yet. You'll never see me refer to him as DS or DS 1 1/2 or DS 1 3/4 or anything else, nor will you ever see me refer to my wife as DW as that just irritates the snot out of me. :ROFLOL:

My first trip to WDW was in the summer of 1987 when my parents took my brother and I to Jacksonville to visit Dad's sister. Mom and Dad then took my cousin and me and my brother to Orlando for a couple days and visited Magic Kingdom and Epcot Center. I was only 11 or 12 at the time, so I don't remember very many of the rides. I only remember going on Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain and, I think, World of Motion, although I'm sure we went on several other rides that I'm just not remembering right now.

Next trip was a short trip over spring break to Kissimmee, FL at a Super 8 motel with a few buddies from work in 2000. We only had two full days in Florida and one of them was spent at the Magic Kingdom.

My wife and I stayed at that same motel in 2003 (on our honeymoon) and 2004 and spent 10 or 11 days each and spent four of those days visiting the 4 Disney parks. We did a brief whirlwind trip to Kissimmee again in 2005, visiting only Epcot and DTD (the only time so far that we have done DTD) and we did our first on property stay last April.

If anyone wants to see pictures of me, you can visit my myspace page at www.myspace.com/sbkline.

As far as favorites, part of me picks MK as my favorite, while part of me picks Epcot. I tend to be kind of a traditionalist in that I hate to see rides replaced as in El Rio and The Seas. I don't know if my objections would be silenced if they simply did the refurb better, but I think my biggest beef is that I have memories of these rides from my honeymoon trip with my wife and consequently have a sentimental attachment to the parks and the rides as they were when my wife made our first memories there together, and it pains me somewhat to say goodbye to them.

The Mom

Premium Member
Yeah, I love it. I have it framed in our living room. The artist really captured my "essence"!:lol:

It was done by an artist at the Wilderness Lodge back in December of '06. I have yet to find another artist who's as good at charicatures as he is. My wife has PROMISED me that she's gonna have one done in April and set it as her avatar.:animwink:

By the way, here's my myspace address if anybody wants to send me a friend request...

I was able to recognize you from your caricature. However, you weren't able to recognize me from my photo. :lookaroun I will admit that I was wearing a hat and sunglasses, had my hair pulled back into a ponytail, plus I KNEW you were there (in your workplace), and you didn't know I was. ;)

wedway71

Great looking myspace. Looks like you took alot of time to do it.:wave:

elizs77

I'm Elizabeth, and I live in central NC. Growing up, we would go to Ormond Beach most summers (my gparents went every year to the same place for 31 yrs), and it was quite common to trek over to Disney. Thus started the addiction. My favorite resort is WL, and my fav park is Epcot. I still use a lot of the old terms like Epcot Center, Disney Village, etc., which elicits harrassment from DH.

I'm a SAHM, 2 kids. One of the things that makes me more excited than Disney and my fam is my alma mater, UNC-Chapel Hill, so we're quite the Tar Heel family!

My first job in college was working PT at the local Disney Store one summer. The best part was that back in the day, we got free 1 day passes twice a year, and we got something like a 50% discount on rooms. But we also had to wear those stupid letter sweaters, shorts, hose, socks and plain white shoes with no emblems. I guess that's better than the poodle skirts that they wore before that!

fizzle75

Original Poster
Hi, I'm Steve. As Matt said, we plan to meet up a few different times on our upcoming April trip. I am married with one son, who we deem to be too young to take just yet, as he is not even two years old yet. You'll never see me refer to him as DS or DS 1 1/2 or DS 1 3/4 or anything else, nor will you ever see me refer to my wife as DW as that just irritates the snot out of me. :ROFLOL:

My first trip to WDW was in the summer of 1987 when my parents took my brother and I to Jacksonville to visit Dad's sister. Mom and Dad then took my cousin and me and my brother to Orlando for a couple days and visited Magic Kingdom and Epcot Center. I was only 11 or 12 at the time, so I don't remember very many of the rides. I only remember going on Space Mountain, Thunder Mountain and, I think, World of Motion, although I'm sure we went on several other rides that I'm just not remembering right now.

Next trip was a short trip over spring break to Kissimmee, FL at a Super 8 motel with a few buddies from work in 2000. We only had two full days in Florida and one of them was spent at the Magic Kingdom.

My wife and I stayed at that same motel in 2003 (on our honeymoon) and 2004 and spent 10 or 11 days each and spent four of those days visiting the 4 Disney parks. We did a brief whirlwind trip to Kissimmee again in 2005, visiting only Epcot and DTD (the only time so far that we have done DTD) and we did our first on property stay last April.

If anyone wants to see pictures of me, you can visit my myspace page at www.myspace.com/sbkline.

As far as favorites, part of me picks MK as my favorite, while part of me picks Epcot. I tend to be kind of a traditionalist in that I hate to see rides replaced as in El Rio and The Seas. I don't know if my objections would be silenced if they simply did the refurb better, but I think my biggest beef is that I have memories of these rides from my honeymoon trip with my wife and consequently have a sentimental attachment to the parks and the rides as they were when my wife made our first memories there together, and it pains me somewhat to say goodbye to them.

Remind me not to irritate you in April!:hurl:

:wave:

fizzle75

Original Poster
I was able to recognize you from your caricature. However, you weren't able to recognize me from my photo. :lookaroun I will admit that I was wearing a hat and sunglasses, had my hair pulled back into a ponytail, plus I KNEW you were there (in your workplace), and you didn't know I was. ;)

Mom, I'm tellin' ya...you need a new avatar!:lol:

:wave:

Cmdr_Crimson

Greetings and Salutations Comradigans! Cmdr Crimson here AKA Ted. WDW Fan since 1986 and enjoying the World ever since. And Top 7 Must see & HCOE Crew fan. I currently reside in Des Plaines Il. I'm literally a Hop, Skip and a Flight away to O'hare! I was a former Character at Six Flags Great America..Bugs Bunny and me were buddies. And I also have my own cartoon characters The Virtuepals. I go to the resort solo (Being Single has it's privlages) And my favorite park is Epcot..Now it's time for the pics!
My cartoon family The Virtuepals.
vpcast-1.jpg

Me At Epcot..And as you can tell me and My main character of The Virtuepals named Digidog have the same look..hmm wonder why?
Genie.jpg

SeaBreeze

I love this thread since I just sort of popped up on this forum without ever really introducing myself.

I'm Jennifer. :wave:

Florida Gator.

Did an amazing PI and hope to get hired on full time at WDW someday. My favorite park to work at was AK and while I love them all, I think Epcot is my favorite to visit as a guest.

InfernalPenguin

Well, I see my wonderful GF got ahead of me...

magicpenguinij7.jpg

Yep yep... been to Disney I think it's 8 times since about 1991...or at least I'm assuming since I'm told I was about 3 or 4 my first time.

Took that lovely lady with me the last time and it was the BEST time of my life. She's been instrumental in recovery of my severe ride-a-phobia.

We're going back next year in either January or early May... but until then I'm coming back with a gang of golden gals headed by my grandmother.

As of March 1st be on the lookout for angry ECV ladies being led by what looks to be Ursula sans tentacles.

mpaul32001

Here comes ME!

I'm Matt from Inverness, FL. I love Videography and Photography and visit WDW almost every weekend.
17 here so ladies, I'm free!

Me.PNG

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Hi! I'm Monty. DS and I have been going since 2001. We took his mother along the first few trips, but she was Debbie Downer most of the time, so we've been bachin' it since :D

We were making annual trips for a while, then in February '07 we got APs thinking it would save money going later in February one year and earlier in February the following year. This would have worked, except that having APs led to temptation... So we went in February, June and August '07 and February '08 all on the APs! :lol:

Now I'm reticent to take hime out of school any more, so we're switching back to annual trips, but starting this August we'll be there the week leading up to Labour day every year for a while.

Here's DS12 and I at MK dressed for P&PP:

100_1419.JPG

Oh, and ladies... I'm available too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom