Who's Who on WDWmagic

sophie_the_pooh

Hello everyone! :wave:

My name is Sophie, I'm a 26 yrs-old Disney freak from Montreal. I went to WDW and DLR many times with my family as a child/teenager, and I have thousands of wonderful memories!

I have worked as a CM at Disneyland Paris with my husband in 2001, in a shop located inside Sleeping Beauty's castle (La Boutique du Château), and I loved the experience! Being part of the world and magic of Disney was a dream coming true for me, I'll never forget how wonderful it felt!

My husband and I went to WDW last May (his first time), now he's as hooked as I am and we plan on going back next September! My favorite park is Magic Kingdom, my favorite attraction is PotC and my favorite character is Pooh, obviously! I also love every princess movie, especially Sleeping Beauty and Enchanted (I already saw it 3 times, can't wait to buy it when it comes out on DVD!).

dixiepixie

I work at Biltmore Baptist. That's cool. It is always interesting who you meet in cyberspace...could even be your next door neighbor.

North Carolinian's Unite! There is alot of us on here. Yeah!
Also, our high school ( South Point High School / Belmont, NC) played a high school in Ashville, Thanksgiving weekend-2003, for the finals of the high school football playoffs. We went up for the game, it snowed big time (you couldn't even see the field), the Ashville High School was just up the street from the entrance to Biltmore House Estate.
I was just wondering if any of you guys from the Ashville area might have been there too?
And yes, we skipped our regular WDW trip that year to attend the playoff game. We are a very small town and everyone in town supports our high school students. We ate dinner at the Texas Roadhouse there, and over 80% of the resturant was our town. But we had been in 2002 and went right back Thanksgiving 2004.
Oh yeah, and our school did win the game....and went on to win the championship game the next weekend at Chapel Hill.:kiss:

MouseMadness

N.E.V.E.R. Remember what happened last time you sent me something? They lost that Saturday. :drevil:

But they beat Michigan.
hehe.gif

sublimesting

My name is John, I am 32, and I direct the QA Dept. for a Pharmaceutical Research company. My lovely wife is named Micki, she is 30 and works as a counsellor at the VA. We live in Pittsburgh but I am from West Virginia and she is from Ohio (we met at Cedar Point when we were housekeepers). We are both Disney nuts and try to go every other year or so....although if it were up to me we'd go every year. My favorite park is MK and hers is AK. Micki LOVES her animals. We have a black lab named Biff that was so bad as a puppy that he had 4 owners in 4 weeks and was actually scheduled to be euthanized until Micki rescued him. Now he is so good and gentle it's unimaginable that he was a bad puppy at all......although sometimes he has his moments....like at Christmas I left the room to run some presents out to my car and in about 2 minutes he ate 60 dark chocolate cookies and an unopened box of crackers and was holding his dish in his mouth as if he were hungry.:veryconfu

wedway71

Pause thread-

Sort of, most graduates don't want to leave there home/college area, so they all try to wait it out... and wait and wait and wait. All the while, every semester the graduates just keep on coming.
The other issue is that NY pays educators in general better than most states so they want to stay there. (Although NY teachers will disagree until they do research)

Ok, resume thread!

Just had the same conversation with wife other night. She is a Teacher.We lived in Florida prior to moving here to Indianapolis 2 years ago.

Before Florida I am too a New Yorker (Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn). Florida is VERY in need for Teachers. I can say from her experience that Florida is one of the few states that if you get a Degree in Education there is a 100% job placement rate.

When she Graduated from FGCU she walked across the stage and the SECOND she got off the stage in back room there were 7 Florida Counties handing her their cards for a job with them.

We sold our Gulf Water Access home and cashed in on the crazy home market few years back and moved here.

We thought about moving to NY but even with the higher pay it is almost impossible to afford a decent place to live in NYC or even close unless you are lucky enough to have Rent Control.

Jekyll_Baker

did you see the timeline of the "other" park in that other post. i havent been since the Viper was there. that was in the late 90's i think.

Same here - I think the last time I was at the "other" park was in 1995. Used to go a couple times a year while I was Ga Tech ('85-'90).

WDWFigment

Hi, my name is Chris and I like long walks on the beach, puppy dogs, fuzzy kittens, and moonlight. My measurements are 21-38-12, my bust size is 8R, and my fondest wish is for world peace. Downers include war, people who don't shop at Saks, parsnips, and kumquats. I hope to someday help starving children everywhere, especially those in the deserts of England. For the talent portion, I would like to sing "Wind Beneath My Wings" while twirling my flaming batons.

In real life, however, my name is indeed Chris. I'm good with the stuff in the first sentence, and I'll go along with the fondest wish...though admittedly my greediness makes me confess that my true fondest wish is to own Disneyland. I've been going there for longer than I can remember, I've been more times than I can count, and I even had the pleasure of working there for a couple of years.
I am a Disney Geek in every sense of the word. I'm 37 and suffer terminably from Peter Pan's Disease. Fortunately there is no cure. I've been visiting Disney World since 1996, when I fell in love with EPCOT Center - even if it was called Epcot then. It was THE Disney Park for me at the time, showing me that education and entertainment could co-exist and I could have a wonderful time experiencing both. Since around 2000, though, Epcot's shift in tone helped Disneyland regain the top spot in my heart.
Spaceship Earth (Irons version) was my favorite attraction, followed by Horizons. My favorite existing attractions would probably be The Great Movie Ride, The Indiana Jones Adventure, Carousel of Progress, and Muppet-Vision 3-D.
Warning: To view the following you should be in good health and free from heart conditions. Pregnant women and those with easily upset stomachs should refrain from viewing this photo.

Castle_22.jpg

That shirt is AWESOME. Do you know (approximately) what year you got it?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Same here - I think the last time I was at the "other" park was in 1995. Used to go a couple times a year while I was Ga Tech ('85-'90).
i tried to go in about 99 but we drove all the way there and it was "Band Camp Day".... we went all the way over there for nothing, i almost strangled the guy at the ticket booth. So i offered a boycott for 10 years. i think i have proven my point. :D

AZDISNEYDVL

My name is David and I graduated from Arizona State. I found out recently that Sparky the Sun Devil (see my avatar) was designed by a Disney Animator way back in the 40's. I am originally from Chicago and am now a VIP coordinator at a resort here in the Valley. I don't like to think of myself as a lurker, just a hit and run poster! Nice to meet you all.

islesgirl

Hey Liz, I just wanted to point out that unlike NY (where we moved from), Florida is in desperate need of educators.

I'm just saying...

:animwink:

Haha my friend that is planning on moving down there keeps telling me the same thing.

NY definitely does pay their teachers really well. I don't know why so many of them complain. But even though the pay is great, NY is so expensive to live. But I love it here, and my whole family is here. I give myself one more year and if I can't find anything then I am leaving, so sad.

wedway71

Haha my friend that is planning on moving down there keeps telling me the same thing.

NY definitely does pay their teachers really well. I don't know why so many of them complain. But even though the pay is great, NY is so expensive to live. But I love it here, and my whole family is here. I give myself one more year and if I can't find anything then I am leaving, so sad.

Love NY. Wife wanted to teach there. Yes pay is better than most states-I think only 2 other states pay more than NY. Just as you said pay is higher but the cost of living is high,no wait,REALLY HIGH.

I have an old Air Force buddy is NYPD. He has told me after 5 years with the force-even at a non-Dectective pay grade you can hit 70k. For a non-Detective thats great money buuuutttt thats like making 30k somewhere else.

Disneykidder

Hey, Liz~~

I am from LI, NY. The district where I teach loves to hire from within, as do most districts. I teach 3rd grade in Longwood. We have lots of retiring coming up for this year!:)
Oh, my pay is really not all that great compared to the amount of bills I have each month. Plus I have a class from you know where this year and I should get paid double!! State test tomorrow to give...whoo hoo!!

Great thread. Most posts I have ever seen!:)

UKHelen

I'm Helen, I'm 33 and I live just outside Manchester, England (hence the user name!) I was introduced to Disney by my then boyfriend (Ian) - now husband - 5 years ago and am now obsessed, more so than him I think.

Until I visited WDW I never understood why people went on holiday to the same place year in, year out but now I do!

This year we will be taking my parents and I am looking forward (if a little apprehensive) to showing them the things we love about the world.

My one wish is that we lived closer so we could go more often!

Here is a picture of me and Ian at Liberty Tree Tavern in April 07 on Ian's birthday - we used this picture on our wedding website!!!
helen_ian.gif

fizzle75

Original Poster
Jackie, it looks like you've put on just a little since we ran into each other at Maelstrom last year. :lol: Of course, I'm sure I've put on a little, too. :eek::ROFLOL:

Don't worry bro, that piggy back ride around the Tree of Life that you promised me should help those pounds melt right off! Now that I think about it, maybe we should add a few laps, and just to help you stay fit & trim I've asked mousekeeping to confiscate any Pringles that they may find in your room...

...and promptly deliver them to our room at AKL!:D

islesgirl

Hey, Liz~~

I am from LI, NY. The district where I teach loves to hire from within, as do most districts. I teach 3rd grade in Longwood. We have lots of retiring coming up for this year!:)
Oh, my pay is really not all that great compared to the amount of bills I have each month. Plus I have a class from you know where this year and I should get paid double!! State test tomorrow to give...whoo hoo!!

Great thread. Most posts I have ever seen!:)

Yea they definitely do hire from within. That is why I am subbing, hopefully I can get my name in there. I will definitely be sending my resume to Longwood now, thanks for the heads up, haha. I have been proctering the Grade 4 Math test the past 2 days and today's section gave a lot of students a lot of trouble.

Totally off topic, sorry everyone, haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom