Who Still Goes To CBJ?

Wilt Dasney

I dragged my friend into it on my last trip. :)

I really think that despite the aged technology, the music and wit of the show are timeless. The whole thing is self-confidently corny in a way that I think has aged well. The music is genuinely catchy, and the themes of the show are pretty subversive. Listen to the lyrics and you pick up themes like swearing, gunplay, alcohol consumption, domestic abuse, adultery...and of course, puddles of blood. It's pretty adult stuff for a "family friendly" show right in the middle of a Disney park!

Penelope

I was browsing through the videos on this site and i came along the Country Bear Jamboree (CBJ).

How many of you still visit this attraction?

I know i did.. :snore:

This attraction is one that we always make time for when at the MK. I am happy to see that it has not been closed like the Diamond Shoe show.

bjlc57

every visit

we go every visit.. Now if I watched the You tube all the time, it wouldn't be special.. but for me, at age 54, Its a MUST..

Patrick_Ears

Original Poster
For some reason i thought it was different when i was a kid.. :shrug: But it's a classic just like some other attractions in the park.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
This is one of the classics that I have zero interest in. I suppose if the heat is unbearable :ROFLOL: (clever i know) I would pop in for a show.

Scooter

Saw it twice...can't stand it. I'd rather have a root canal than see that show again. Outdated technology, really bad audio, political incorrectness to the max. Bears drinking corn whiskey from gallon jugs singing about whipping someone or perhaps shooting them instead. Songs about blood on saddles. I laughed at stuff like that when I was six years old. Now...well...it's just not funny to me anymore.

" Lil ole Tennessee Bear, is featured on the THANG...it's kinda like a geetar but it's only got one strang" :confused::rolleyes::snore::hurl:

meganwdw

I usually go at least once when we are at the MK, but we went 4 times last week w/ our 14 month old twins b/c THEY LOVED IT!! Besides the Carousel, it was their favorite attraction. Now that we are home I have pulled video of it on my Apple TV from youtube so they can see it again. They still smile and point and dance! Priceless!

mickey2008.1

We saw it for the first time last year, and it was the dumbest thing we have ever seen. Clacky bears singing about drinking, shotting, and blood? just absolutely horrible, and to make it even worse, crappy seating.

majorrfb

I, personally, still go to CBJ when visiting the MK. However, my wife REFUSES to enter the building. I love "Blood on the Saddle" and chuckle as Big Al does his thing. My bride can't stand the song and knows I'll be mimicking it for a while as we walk along. Oh well, my gain her loss. :wave:

Definitely a must-do. Love CBJ. My favorites are Little Buford, Swingin' Teddi Barra, and singing "Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier."

And I agree, it's always more fun with audience participation.

OklaHoops

Chuck E Cheese meets Disney (or vice versa). It is lame, dated and boring.
However it was wonderful when the kids were little.:rolleyes:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom