Who Still Goes To CBJ?

WishIwasThere

We do it once every trip. Not a do multiple times type of show, but at least see it once a trip. They must have done some upkeep the last few years because the audio seemed much, much better in Jan when we did it then the time in Sept 09 when we saw the show that trip.

Much like U of E...can only take that show once per trip...too much Ellen is bad for the brain. I could see the CoP multiple times per visit if needed. Love that show.

David S.

Country Bear Jamboree is a lifetime Top 5 MK attraction for me! It has everything I love best about Disney attractions - cute, lovable animal AA critters, a warm and happy vibe, and catchy and addictive songs! It's also, very, very funny! :) I enjoy clapping my hands and stomping my feet, and I always like to stay in the room until the exit music completely stops, to hear all the funny dialogue from Melvin, Buff, and Max - they are kinda hung up there! But I always BEAR with them until the BEAR end, and can't wait to BEARel around to see them again! :)

For my taste, CBJ it is absolutely ESSENTIAL, as is it's sister attraction in nearby Adventureland, The Enchanted Tiki Room (which thankfully will have the original show back soon! ;) ). I've said this before, but the way most fans feel about Pirates and the Mansion, is the way I feel about the Bears and the Birdies! ;). The Bears and Birds are the main Headliners in the west quadrant of the park for me (Liberty Square/Frontierland/Adventureland), along with Splash and Thunder.

Being one of my Top Tier MK attractions, CBJ is one I NEVER miss on a full day in the park. Missing the show would be unBEARable! :) If I have time (on those nice long operating days) for late night encores where I can repeat faves, I sometimes do it twice a day!

When I park hop to MK from another park after the first park closes, and only have a few hours (or less) at MK, CBJ is always one of the main favorites I consider visiting on these short park-hops where I just have time for the fireworks, night parade, and a few faves. It usually closes before the park does, so on some evening park hops, it is already closed when I get there.

One thing I REALLY wish is that they would bring back the Christmas show. I never got to see it in person, as the first time I visited WDW during the holidays (2006/07, and I have since been every year for the Holidays) was the first Christmas they didn't do the show. I have the soundtrack and have seen video of the show, and I know I'd LOVE it! It would also be swell if they would bring back Vacation Hoedown on a seasonal basis as well, although I guess that would be expecting too much, and if given a choice between the Original and Vacation, I'd go with the original.

TxNewsies

I am not a fan. I went as a kid and didn't like it. My first couple of trips with DH, he kept wanting to see it for he never had but we just kept on walking. 2 years ago, I finally caved - I guess it's only fair, everyone should see it at least once. Afterwards, he decided he never wanted to see it again. However, he is thankful he did finally see the show since it is a classic.

TropicalFig8

I remember our past trips, we didn't go because we thought the attraction was closed. I didn't see anyone going in. Last year,my friend dragged me into it and I didn't want to go in. Once the show was over,I really wanted to see it again! I loved it! Now,I'm dragging my family into it this year!

JIMINYCR

Love it. Go see it every time we visit MK. Enjoy the corny jokes and songs. I will continue to go see it and enjoy it if it stays the same, however I think more people would like it if they would do an upgrade to make it more present time specific.

Cmdr_Crimson

I do and Still do....I would also like to see vacation and christmas howdowns to return..Tho it won't happen I'll still go and see it..It's a 71 WDW Original and be greatful it never got Farked up.

WDWGoof07

I go see the CBJ on every visit to the MK. I love this show - one of WDW's best. The humor and music are timeless. Fewer and fewer family comedies are this funny and charming anymore. (Favorite part: "Mama, don't whoop little Buford! I think you should shoot him instead!" "BANG...Yes, folks, we only have high-class stuff on this show.")

As a WDW original, our show occupies a special place in Disney history. Disney should definitely upgrade the animatronics periodically to keep the technology current, but I'd prefer that the show itself stay the same (save for the occasional temporary or seasonal enhancement like the Christmas show or Vacation Hoedown).

WorldKey

Love CBJ! Always remember, if there is something you don't like, it is often hard to understand how someone else can like it. The same is undoubtedly true about something you really like!

pumpkin7

this is a must do. i love the CBJ and couldn't wait to take my husband to see it when we went last.
it could do with a bit of tlc, but it's still awesome and i will carry on going every time we're there. :)

Lunamis

I love CBJ but when I saw it with my husband (his first time seeing it) in 2009, the show was AWFUL. You could barely hear the audio over the machinery. I hope that didn't ruin for him since it's classic....

PeoplemoverTTA

I go to CBJ every time that I attend the MK. I would not mind some changes or upkeep, but I go and enjoy it nonetheless. Additionally, I would buy a Big Al t-shirt if they would sell them again. :cool:

I was just at my grandma's house for Memorial Day, and she has an awesome Big Al cookie jar (carved wood). The detail is really great, and she's had that cookie jar since the late 70s/early 80s (never put any cookies in it, but still).

I wish they still sold cool stuff like that. Random tangent, but I also bought my dad a carved Donald figurine (wearing a Davy Crockett hat) in the early 90s. Such a neat, unique souvenir, but you really don't see stuff like that anymore :(

CBJ is definitely long in the tooth, but the jokes are still hilarious, and the songs are catchy. Instead of thinking how outdated it is, listen to the lyrics of the fun songs..."Momma don't whup little Buford. Momma don't pound on his head. Momma don't whup little Buford. I think you should shoot him instead."

That, and Big Al drawing out "puhhh-uddle" in Blood on the Saddle get me every time :ROFLOL:

cheezbat

As a huge animatronics fan, it's a must for me. I don't see it EVERY time I go, but often. I'll be sad the day it leaves....hopefully that won't be for a very long time.

Spinlock

My Family, even my brother who is too cool for everything, goes EVERY trip. We love the show, with its old Animatronics that make funny noises and the GREAT songs like 'Mamma Don't Woop Little Buford'. That show has never gotten old! Does anyone else play the "who can get the rest of the audience clapping" game????:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom