Who Still Goes To CBJ?

Motorpro

Not only do I go to The bears every trip but can't understand how anyone can not like them or find the Presidents just a place for a nap. Maybe people who don't get the magic of Disney should stay at Universal instead.

celluloid

Love them but they need the seasonal shows back to keep it fresh. If nothing else at least the Christmas one for the season.

I can't believe Disney won't do that anymore. Funny that Japan's culture loves all three shows and rotates all three throughout the year.

Since1976

CBJ had become sort of a running joke between me and my wife, because in multiple trips over 30 years (including 10 years together as a married couple), neither of us had ever watched the show. We would pass the attraction, shrug, and say "Nah, maybe next time."

This year, we FINALLY watched it with our kids. After it was over, my wife and I looked at each other and basically agreed we could probably go another 30 years without seeing the show again. :ROFLOL:

It's not a horrible show or anything. I bet my kids will have fond memories of it such that they'll want to watch it next time. For my wife and I, however, our guilty pleasure animatronics show will always be The Enchanted Tiki Room, perhaps even moreso when the original Tropical Serenade comes back this year.

disney magic 06

We went to see it for the first time on our recent trip, we all thought it was dreadful. We were so disappointed to have wasted 20 precious Disney minutes on such a poor show :shrug:

GenerationX

We went to see it for the first time on our recent trip, we all thought it was dreadful. We were so disappointed to have wasted 20 precious Disney minutes on such a poor show :shrug:
At least it's indoors and air conditioned. Also, it's good for disciplining the kids. The next time you're at the MK and the kids start to act up, just threaten them with going on it. Works for us. :D

Seriously, none of us find it even remotely entertaining. We'd rather sit through CoP, and that's saying something. At least that show has the kitsch factor and a truly laughable ending.

J.E.Smith

I always catch it every time I go. One of the reasons I still have a soft spot for the bears is because I'm really into old-timey mountain music, the kind that they play at CBJ.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Time for a 13-year-old response here! :cool:

I enjoy it, I never miss it on my trip to MK. I'm not sure whether it's because of some classic "magic", the A.C., or the catchy songs. I completely love it. It is indeed outdated, but I wouldn't say that if they had the vacation and christmas shows still running. Then you wouldn't get tired of the original.

-WondersOfLife

The last original pavilion :king:

muteki

We usually go once a visit, but it has to do more with timing and Fastpassing the surrounding rides. Frontierland is pretty sparsely populated with quick rides to kill time, but CBJ works.

I like the show, but it really depends a lot on the crowd. Kinda hit or miss.

mergatroid

We visit it occasionally but certainly not annually. It has a certain charm about it and it's kind of nice to know it's there if we want to see it.

CaptainJackNO

I was browsing through the videos on this site and i came along the Country Bear Jamboree (CBJ).

How many of you still visit this attraction?

I know i did.. :snore:

I still take the younguns' (ride reference intended), but, for me, it's like trying to play the Atari 2600 after having played Wii, XBox 360, and PS3. It kinda cool to revisit your childhood, but the technology is Waaaaaaaay outdated. Kinda hard to stay awake. I agree. :snore:

jwsimms42

I always enjoy CBJ every time I visit MK. However, I grew up in rural Alabama, and was raised in a tradition of old country/bluegrass music, so there is a nostalgia factor for me there, as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom