Who else does not buy souvenirs?

Kristamouse

Original Poster
I have been to WDW 6 times in 4 years and have puchased the following things from the parks, two gold mouse ears w/free names for my babies first trip, pacifer and 6 ornaments (one from each trip). I hate clutter of any kind and tee shirts aren't my thing or DH's and we buy our kids toys for the parks at the Disney store on clearnce before we leave. I can't justify the price of some things and we don't have time to shop, there are rides to go on and shows to see :) I love the place and see some cool items but just don't buy them.
I can't be the only one right?..... Buller?.....?

Scar Junior

Sometimes I'll buy a polo or boxers or a jacket, but thats about it. Oh, there are some great coffee travel-mugs, so sometimes I'll buy those. That's about it. I'm not a fan of souvenirs.

Kman101

I have two things I always collect, anywhere I go (such as a trip out of state, or a trip to see a show, or something), I always buy a hat and a coffee cup and usually a key chain. Oops. That's three!

Kadee

I always buy a new pajama set...usually the shorts and a tank or t-shirt. I just can't pass it up. We don't buy much. Just a couple of things. But I have to admit on our first few trips with our DD, we bought her anything and everything she asked for......even some things she DIDN'T ask for!:lol: We got over that and so did she, so now, we only buy what we REALLY want and know we will use (like my PJ's...... I usually wear them out before our next trip so I HAVE to buy new ones)

beachclubbasics

We don't buy a lot of Disney Merchandise, but my kids can drop $100 without batting an eye inthe Japanese/Chinese pavillions. I do usualy get a majority of my 12 year old Disney nut son's birthday presenst from WDW though.

DisneyMissy

Not buy souvenirs, oh the horror :ROFLOL: Totally impossible for me, I have to buy something. As a matter of fact I really have to restrain myself. hehe

WDWFREAK53

I collect the shot glasses.

I have at least one shot glass for every attraction that sells them and now I'm starting on the countries. I also buy the shot glass from the resort that I'm staying in.

palmage

I was going to say we don't really buy anything, then I saw not 1 not 2 but 3 AKL wooden Giraffes in our living room.
Then I thought about my closet and the 5 Disney Golf polo's.

So I guess the answer is yes we buy stuff.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Ummm... this past February, my group of 4 spent over $5k on souvenirs at Disneyland

Raven66

We honestly don't buy a lot of stuff. We bought sweatshirts last trip only because it was cold and our coats were back at the room. I wear it all the time tho. One of us is always saying OOOO I want this or I want that and then we never buy it.:p We have the usual autograph book and pen and a couple of pins. I did order some garden statues on line but when they got here discovered they were way too nice to leave outside so now I have them in my house on display. :)

The Mom

Premium Member
I don't buy a whole lot of souvenirs, but we have purchased other items over the years. My husband bought a GREAT dragon mask in the now long gone magic shop years ago, and still drags it out for halloween from time to time. I purchased a brass trimmed fireplace bellows in Morocco several years ago. I've been unable to find another. My son still has a giant komodo plushie that he bought when AK first opened; he fell in love with them after seeing one in the Audubon Zoo. I usually end up having to buy a hat or something every trip, and we do have a few magnets/pencils/pens hanging around from past trips.

Lucky

I don't buy souvenirs, but my wife more than makes up for it. I use the resort coffee mugs all year long, but I buy them because it's cheaper than paying for drinks every meal at the resorts. I don't consider them souvenirs.

JimboJones123

We're making the switch. We have too much. 1 per person this year. The kids don't really play w/the toys. We have TOO MANY nick nacks. So 1 per year this year. We usually spend about 1K. Maybe I'll get a big-fig this year!!!

RedBaron

I love to shop, so yes I buy things. I dont go and buy any little junk I see that has Mickey's face on it though. I always buy some kind of shirt or sweatshirt and love shopping in the countries at EPCOT and always looking for something interesting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom