who are you?

tigsmom

Name: Madaline
How I fund my habit: My hubby. :D (our vacation fund)
How I got hooked: I don't really know. I love everything Disney. My family calls me the walking Disney advertisment. :lol:
My first WDW memory: Seeing the castle as we approached.
Best WDW memory: Seeing the looks on my girl's faces as they spotted their favorite character for the first time:
Katie (Lil'mermaid)- Belle, Emily- Minnie. The ear to ear smiles are priceless!
Favorite park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite attraction: Do I have to choose?
Number of trips: I've lost track
Favorite Disney character: Tigger, of course. :cool:
Next trip: As soon as I can talk them all into going again. :D

GaryT977

Here goes:

Name: Gary (obviously)
How I fund my WDW habit: I'm a Systems Administrator and a VJ.
How I got hooked on WDW: It only took one visit as a kid for me to get hooked. I spent all my free library time researching Disney, drawing my own maps, etc.
My first WDW memory: Seeing the "Walt Disney World Next 4 Exits" signs and pulling up to the main gates for the first time.
Best WDW Memory: This is a wierd one, but the year the Florida Panthers went to the Stanley Cup Finals, I was at WDW with friends for our yearly 'special' visit. I was eating chicken wings at PI ('Fireworks', I think it was called. It's 'Motion' now) and watching the Panthers/Flyers game. Of course, the Panthers won the game to send them to the Stanley Cup, so I went to each DJ in each bar to let them know, and they dutifully let the crowd know, and each place went nuts. By the time I got to 8-Trax to meet up with my friends, I was just flying, the place was wall to wall with people, and we danced and celebrated till the park closed. One the most fun nights I've ever had, period.
Favorite attraction: This is a tough one because I have several favorites. However, If I have to pick one, I'll take Splash Mountain.
Number of trips: I've lost count, really. I try to go twice a year since I became an Annual Passholder a couple of years ago. Did you know they ask you if you've been more than four times when you call the Disney Reservation line now?
Next trip: Dec 11-14. I was going to go during the big WDW Magic gathering, but I screwed up the date on my reservation and vacation request at work and I can't change it now. Sucks, doesn't it? Oh well. Next year.

MouseMadness

Name: Christy
How I fund my habit: My very generous in laws. I am broke.
How I got hooked: well, the first trip wasn't the one that did me in... we all got sick and it was rather busy and hot. (plus the castle was a friggin birthday cake!) The second trip was awesome... so relaxed and wonderful. :)
My first WDW memory: The friggin birthday cake castle!!
Best WDW memory: Oh jeez, almost missed this one! Ummm, I'd have to say every time we're driving up and the girls start screaming and bouncing with happiness when we pass under the Magic Kingdom sign is a tie.
Favorite park: Tie between MK and Epcot.
Favorite attraction: Splash Mountain... for now. There are still some I haven't gotten to yet. ;)
Number of trips: 6 and counting!
Favorite Disney character: *looks at avatar*
Next trip: January, '04 :)

WDWFanatic

Name: Chris

Status: I proposed in front of the Magic Kingdom castle October 9th 2003...she said yes!

How I fund my WDW habit: Commercial real estate agent and lots of credit card debt. Also DVC Members

How i got hooked: Disney cartoons and movies never looked back.

First memory: Throwing my baby bottle out of the boat in its a small world.

Best memory: Every time I walk in the gate.

Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom

Favorite Attraction: Test Track

Number of trips: 28 I'm there at least once a year ever since I was born plus one or two trips in between.

Next trip: 2004

DisneyJill

Name: Jill
Age: Almost 23, which, from the grief I am getting from all of my friends, is apparently old. I certainly don't think so.
Location: Bloomington, Indiana for 2 more months and then I'm off to sunny Orlando
How I fund my WDW habit: My daddy still funds most of it, although I took my first solo trip in May. I didn't eat or buy nearly as much that week as I usually do! I used to bartend/serve at O Charley's but after 2.5 years I needed a break so now I work at a dorm with my roommate. It's...unstimulating.
How I got hooked: I'm with Andy, I think I was born this way.
First memory: I went to the MK for a day when I was 6 and we were staying at Daytona Beach. I remember going on PotC and asking my mom if they were really shooting at each other. I also remember the Teacups, Dumbo and the Hall of Presidents.
Best memory: World Showcase with J in May and going on M:S with my brother for the first time.
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite Attraction: Rock-n-Roller Coaster, Haunted Mansion
Number of Trips: I think 17
Next Trip: January, when I move there

SpongeScott

Name: Scott

How I fund my WDW habit: income tax refund, pulling out set amount each week from paycheck, using wife's paycheck to also supplement our addiction

How I got hooked: Not sure. I guess because the family fell in love with it too.

First memory: riding the tea cups back in 1972 during the Christmas season with my brother. He spun us so hard that I was sick for two days afterwards. To this day, I cannot ride a ride that spins in a circle. Also, buying a 101 Dalmatians figurine for $1.00 for my Mom that Christmas, which she still has on display in her home.

Best memory of WDW: Easy. Seeing the Disney magic come alive in the eyes of my kids two years when we were watching Tapestry of Dreams. I almost cried (and that is something).

Favorite Park: No contest--Magic Kingdom. The other parks are nice, but nothing says "Disney" to me like walking into Magic Kingdom.

Favorite Attraction: Splash Mountain or Illuminations.

Number of trips: Around 30, but 4 trips as a family (I grew up down there and went quite frequently).

Next trip: unsure. Hopefully next year.

mkepcotmgmak

name - Josh

age - 21 (22 on dec. 21st)

number of vacation trips - 3

also worked on the CP back in january of this year ('03)

next trip - hopefully another trip on the CP in january of '04

i am 6'9"

i work at a department store in the men's department - it is terrible boring - but thinking about disney gets me through the day

i am an elementary education major - mainly to brainwash kids into taking their families to wdw... lol

my fondest memory is the first time of walking down main street and seeing the castle - i think i got teary eyed... it was may of 98...

my trips have all been gifts from parents... two Christmas presents and one graduation present

i have an unhealthy addiction to all things disney - but there are worse things to be addicted to i suppose - my friends, and most of my town, knows me as the walking disney encyclopedia... i cannot tell you how many times i have gotten calls about disney - or have put trip packages together for complete strangers, as well as friends... i love it, and feel very fortunate to have stumbled upon this site!!! thanks for starting this thread, glad to know all of you! - josh.

AriBelle23

What a great idea! I was thinking the same thing...I read everyone's posts and reply but I don't know a whole lot about anyone. So this is me:

Name: Crystal

How I fund my WDW habit: Well, to be completely honest, if it was not for my parents, there is no possible way I could have gone to Disney as much as I have. I went to college for 2 semesters, but then my life took a different path that just could not seem to wait...I am a part time music teacher at a middle school, private piano teacher at my studio, and an after school French teacher at an elementary school. I am also a resident actress at a couple dinner theatre's and work part time at a department store in fragrance/cosmetics. Another side job ofr me is singing in a couple groups/ensambles...I also do weddings, parties etc...So that's how I plan to fund my next trip lol ...who needs sleep, right?

How I got hooked on WDW: I went in 1998 with my mom, aunt and cousin and didn't have THAT great of a time...it was okay, just nothing too special. My cousin was soo mean to me and then decided to put up a huge fuss about something (I don't even remember!) at the Hoop Dee Doo and her mom ended up taking her back to the hotel. So my Mom promised to take me and my best friend the next year...and since then there has been no stopping us!!

My first WDW memory: The first one is taking the Sassagoula boat down town Disney from Port Orleans (French Quarter) ...this was before the 2 resorts merged and it was just called Port Orleans. We ate dinner at Rainforest Cafe DD and went shopping. The next day we went to MK and seeing the castle in person for the first time is seriously breathtaking. My mom and I looked at each other and said "we're really here!" ...We have been doing that every year since :)

Best WDW memory: Getting teary eyed at Fantasmic, Fantasy in the Sky, Spectro Magic, Share a Dream Come True Parade, Legend of the Lion King, Festival of the Lion King, Illuminations "we go on" song, Epcot at night, the castle anytime, seeing Tinkerbell fly from the castle, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, kissing Mickey Mouse ...these things just all work together and create that unexplainable magic that you only find at one place. :)

Favorite Attraction: Tower, Coaster, Jungle Cruise

Number of trips: 6 trips

Next trip: March (working)

Fav movie: The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, and Pirates of the Caribbean of course!!

jake

Name: Jake

How I fund my habit:Sales manager & my wife is a Teacher

How I got hooked:Have just always loved Disney & I am enjoying infecting my wife and daughter with this particular malady.

First Memory:How cool the monorails looked up there.

Best Memory:I hope it's this year when I take my daughter for the first time.

Favorite Park:Magic Kingdom(that IS Disney for me)

Next Trip:10 days from now & counting down(I am so excited I might bust)

Favorite Website:WDWMagic of course

Favorite Resort: The Polynesian

MouseMadness

Originally posted by WDWFanatic
First memory: Throwing my baby bottle out of the boat in its a small world.

Either you have the world's greatest memory, or your mom let you have your bottle a lot longer than the pediatrician suggests!! ;) :lol: :wave:

WDWFanatic

I do have a very good memory. Besides we didnt have all the fancy sip cups when we were growing up! You should know youre my age.:) Oh and my mother told me did it more than once. LOL

MouseMadness

Originally posted by WDWFanatic
I do have a very good memory. Besides we didnt have all the fancy sip cups when we were growing up! You should know youre my age.:) Oh and my mother told me did it more than once. LOL

:lol: All I know is once the kids go in for that 1 year check up, the doctor is all down my back about getting rid of the bottle AND the pacifier!! :eek: But myself and any other mother will tell you that in this case, what the doctor don't know won't hurt him :lookaroun I'M the one who needs quiet and sleep, not him!

Name: Jordan

Status: Single, but looking (saw a few folks on the DCL....)

How I fund my WDW habit: Work, training/devt manager

How I got hooked: Loved Disney as a kid, worked at DL 79-82,86-89.

First memory: Going with my cousin in 1991 for her college grad.

Best memory of WDW: I have a few. 2001-Jellyrolls--the song--Baby Got Back--need I say more. 1997--staying at the BWV for the first time and having a great view of the BW. 1999--Curly or straight. I could go on and on.

Favorite Park: Disney/MGM

Favorite Attraction: RockNRollercoaster. TOT.

Number of trips: 10

Next trip: Sept 2004...i think.

Lil'mermaid

Name: Katie
How I fund my habit: my parents
How I got hooked: I guess I can blame this all on my mom, the walking disney ad.
My first WDW memory: The Magic Kingdom entrance.
Best WDW memory: Seeing my little cousins stop dead in their tracks as we walked in to MK
Favorite park: Magic Kingdom
Favorite attraction: Test Track or Buzz Lightyear
Number of trips: 7
Favorite Disney character: UMMM DUH! (Ariel)
Next trip:Who knows!

Wilt Dasney

Name: BJ

Status: careening about the big blue marble, waiting for another human pinball to collide with me (yeah, it's saying crap like that that's kept me single)

Location: Georgia (right above Florida, not the one in Europe)

How I fund my WDW habit: [snickers at the idea] I go to college full time and deliver newspapers on the side...I can barely fund my addiction to food...free tickets and a stint on the CP have allowed me to see a good bit of the place on the cheap, tho

How I got hooked on WDW: I have to admit, I come here more for the free drinks than anything else...that is, I'm not exactly a certified Disney-holic. I did experience one of those "I never wanna leave here" moments on the ferry to MK a couple years ago (at the same time as my friend standing next to me, it turned out later), and so we both went down for a CP last year. That kicked a lotof my cravings, altho they have tried to start up again recently. Geez, now you made me miss the damn place again.

My first WDW memory: lots of snippets..nothing that stands out. My mom loves to talk about me waving to Snow White in the parade and running up and kissing Minnie on the nose, se we'll go with those, even tho I don't remember 'em.

Best WDW memory: see, I'm not good at picking out moments. It's all one big panoramic collage to me.

Favorite Attraction: Haunted Mansion

Number of trips: 8 or 9 in my youth, plus 2 more right before my CP and then seeing the place every day for 5 months

Next trip: the Shadow knows....(yeah, I stole that from somebody on here.) I have 2 Comps just sitting around, so it's a matter of just usin' 'em. Maybe in December...

SirNim

This is me:

V

V
V
V
V

V

V
V

V

pig.gif

monorail256

Name: Ryan

How I fund my WDW habit: Through my parents, aunt, brother, allowance.. oh and did I mention my paycheck from the mouse himself?

How I got hooked:Eh... my parents got me hooked. More my dad than my mom.

First memory: I remember going to Pleasure Island with the family when I was three and being forced to sit on a bench somewhere that had a skeleton on it. Scared the ba-jesus outta me!!

Best memory of WDW: Spending time with my friend Kelly down there. Another best memory would be when I was down there last december and got to see the Christmas parade.

Favorite Park: Epcot without a doubt. It used to be Disney Studios but, for some reason within the past few years Epcot has really attached itself to me.

Favorite Attraction: By far, the best attraction down there in my eyes is Test Track. Followed closely by Space and POTC.

Number of trips: I would say high 30's low 40's.

Next trip: 16 days!! November 7, 2003:sohappy:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Name: Jer

How I fund my WDW habit: Selling my body to science and to strangers. :lol: :lookaroun ;)

How I got hooked on WDW: must be the crack they put in the tonga toast... or the Heroin laced turkey legs :confused: *shrug*

My first WDW memory: EPCOT Center Future world in the early 80's

Best WDW memory: Riding up front in the monorail

Favorite Attraction: Hmmm tough choice... I like the Dark rides... Pirates is good.

Number of trips: Dunno... 10-20..lost count.

Next trip: This DEC.... maybe

pooh071567

Name: Cindy

How I fund my WDW habit: save...save...save

How I got hooked on WDW: I was hooked when I received my very first stuffed Winnie-the-Pooh at the age of 6 mos.

My first WDW memory: going for the first time with my husband in 1997 and have a few of Spaceship earth from our room.

Best WDW memory: Seeing the castle at MK for the very first time

Favorite Attraction: Tower of Terror

Number of trips: 4

Next trip: 2/2004

tori paige

Name: Tori Robertson

My mom and dad took me when I was six and I go on Disney message boards all the time now
Best WDW memory: The last trip that we too we got to take my cousins that have never been. They actually got me to ride Tower of Terror. I live that ride now

Favorite Attraction:Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean

Number of trips: Only...4
Next trip:
December 26, 2004

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom